• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

It arrived to Chicago around 16th of December.

I don't think it's been long enough for you to start getting worried - they've probably had a skeletal staff dealing with cases in the past 2 - 3 weeks because of the holidays. Give it some time

I wish you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you happy and blessed new year.
Is the I-Tracker Lite apps is safety or helpful , do you have idea about this iPhone application?

Last edited:
I wish you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you happy and blessed new year.
Is the I-Tracker Lite apps is safety or helpful , do you have idea about this iPhone application?

Why would you want to give some external faceless third party access to sensitive and personal information related to your immigration process? Not an app I would use.

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife went for interview here in Boise. Officer took my interview and he said my wife has to wait for the interview letter from Virginia. He also told us that he is approving my petition and request for Visa but it will be issued to me once i inform USCIS in Boise that my wife has got approved for her petition from Virginia so that he can verify in the system and continue my process. I asked him if i need to attend Interview in Virginia but he said it wont be necessary since i have already given interview today and he has my file. Any opinion on what should we do next? Just wait for her interview or take an infopass in virginia office? I also asked him if he can verify in the system whether there is a mistake in me being primary or not but he said i am the beneficiary and it does not matter whether i give interview first or my wife. It all depends on when she will get approved and mine will be processed once i notify him.

Thank you
Xenon_writer

That number is pretty good, you might get current for a March interview, but if not, April.
Thanks man....for giving me hope lol...Im kind of nervous...it seems like ...according to CEAC data in your blog almost 2000 visas are issued or are in process to be issued from Nepal so....

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife went for interview here in Boise. Officer took my interview and he said my wife has to wait for the interview letter from Virginia. He also told us that he is approving my petition and request for Visa but it will be issued to me once i inform USCIS in Boise that my wife has got approved for her petition from Virginia so that he can verify in the system and continue my process. I asked him if i need to attend Interview in Virginia but he said it wont be necessary since i have already given interview today and he has my file. Any opinion on what should we do next? Just wait for her interview or take an infopass in virginia office? I also asked him if he can verify in the system whether there is a mistake in me being primary or not but he said i am the beneficiary and it does not matter whether i give interview first or my wife. It all depends on when she will get approved and mine will be processed once i notify him.

Thank you
Xenon_writer

Thanks for the update. Yeah, an infopass in Virginia is a good idea. I do feel though that the right thing for the IO to have done was to send your file over to Virginia. Derivatives typically don't get interviewed under normal circumstances, and once the PA gets approved, all the derivatives automatically get approved, unless of course there's a background check issue.

I think what the IO said about requesting your visa now is BS, they cannot reserve visas for applicant. You will eventually get your visa of course, but I think it's going to take a bit longer since it's going to be your responsibility to co tact Boise and let them know after your wife has been approve. By the way, did you collect the IO's phone number?

Hi Everyone,

We did biometrics in October and haven't heard anything since them (2015EU00007XXX). Any suggestion what we should do? Sit tight and wait?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

We did biometrics in October and haven't heard anything since them (2015EU00007XXX). Any suggestion what we should do? Sit tight and wait?

Any help would be appreciated.

Book an infopass and check with KCC whether the FO has requested the file yet.

It seems to me that the I-485 processing date for San Antonio field office is about 5 months. When AOS package is sent to chicago lockbox, which date should we consider to be the filing date or say beginning of this processing date for USCIS FO. Is it the date lockbox sends case to NBC or the date NBC sends case to FO? If latter is true, how can I know when did NBC send my case to my FO? I am trying to estimate date after which San Antonio FO processing date is crossed for my case so that I could make Infopass/inquiry.
Also, KCC has already sent my file to San Antonio FO on 24th December.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am thankful to everyone helping others here, especially Mom and Simon. I am about to send my package late this week or early next week (wishfully) thinking that I will be current in March. I have a question before I do. I have a few documents translated to English with their respective statements/signatures. I was wondering if I need to submit the xerox copies of the signed translations or the wet signed original copies of them? If the latter is correct, how about the interview, should I have them translated once again or the xerox copies will suffice?

Thanks again,

Hello everyone,

I am thankful to everyone helping others here, especially Mom and Simon. I am about to send my package late this week or early next week (wishfully) thinking that I will be current in March. I have a question before I do. I have a few documents translated to English with their respective statements/signatures. I was wondering if I need to submit the xerox copies of the signed translations or the wet signed original copies of them? If the latter is correct, how about the interview, should I have them translated once again or the xerox copies will suffice?

Thanks again,

Submit copies, attend the interview with the original.

It seems to me that the I-485 processing date for San Antonio field office is about 5 months. When AOS package is sent to chicago lockbox, which date should we consider to be the filing date or say beginning of this processing date for USCIS FO. Is it the date lockbox sends case to NBC or the date NBC sends case to FO? If latter is true, how can I know when did NBC send my case to my FO? I am trying to estimate date after which San Antonio FO processing date is crossed for my case so that I could make Infopass/inquiry.
Also, KCC has already sent my file to San Antonio FO on 24th December.

Not quite sure where you got the information about the 5 months processing time. Anyway, there's no way of knowing when the file was sent from NBC to the FO. The filing date is usually the date the package is formally accepted by Lockbox, and this date is always indicated on the NOA that USCIS sends back to the applicant. Since KCC has confirmed sending your file, it means your FO is on top of things. However, there's nothing stopping you now from scheduling an infopass, you can always cancel the infopass if the IL shows up before the selected date.

I don't think it's been long enough for you to start getting worried - they've probably had a skeletal staff dealing with cases in the past 2 - 3 weeks because of the holidays. Give it some time

Thank you mom, for alleviating my anxiety! I know many of us here are really nerve-wracked due to the waiting...

Good news is that I received my confirmation today! :)

Not quite sure where you got the information about the 5 months processing time. Anyway, there's no way of knowing when the file was sent from NBC to the FO. The filing date is usually the date the package is formally accepted by Lockbox, and this date is always indicated on the NOA that USCIS sends back to the applicant. Since KCC has confirmed sending your file, it means your FO is on top of things. However, there's nothing stopping you now from scheduling an infopass, you can always cancel the infopass if the IL shows up before the selected date.
Thank you Mom for the reply. Processing time status for San Antonio FO says "as of October 31" the last case they completed was of June 2. Ofcourse things can change after october until now, but my guess of 5 months was based on time frame between these dates. Anyways, I will try scheduling infopass somewhere around 20th Jan. Thanks for the advice mom. :)

Thank you Mom for the reply. Processing time status for San Antonio FO says "as of October 31" the last case they completed was of June 2. Ofcourse things can change after october until now, but my guess of 5 months was based on time frame between these dates. Anyways, I will try scheduling infopass somewhere around 20th Jan. Thanks for the advice mom. :)

We've said it over and over again, the information regarding processing time posted online is not applicable to DV cases.

We've said it over and over again, the information regarding processing time posted online is not applicable to DV cases.
Well, I know this and I can see that people who already did interview have their IL arrived less than a month of biometrics done, regardless of FO processing dates. I am just trying to surmise the utmost time frame for my case in regards to my FO processing date, since it has already been a little more than 4 months I received NOA receipt.

Well, I know this and I can see that people who already did interview have their IL arrived less than a month of biometrics done, regardless of FO processing dates. I am just trying to surmise the utmost time frame for my case in regards to my FO processing date, since it has already been a little more than 4 months I received NOA receipt.

And how many people would that be?

Thanks for the update. Yeah, an infopass in Virginia is a good idea. I do feel though that the right thing for the IO to have done was to send your file over to Virginia. Derivatives typically don't get interviewed under normal circumstances, and once the PA gets approved, all the derivatives automatically get approved, unless of course there's a background check issue.

I think what the IO said about requesting your visa now is BS, they cannot reserve visas for applicant. You will eventually get your visa of course, but I think it's going to take a bit longer since it's going to be your responsibility to co tact Boise and let them know after your wife has been approve. By the way, did you collect the IO's phone number?

I have got IO's name not the phone number. When i asked how can i communicate with him, he just told me to mail a letter in the USCIS office putting ATTN as IM.