• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi everybody,
Is it a problem if I don't have a flu shot in my medicals? I did it in the beginning of September and it was not a flu season then. Seems like my CN is current for February. Should I redo my medicals or it's going to be ok without it?

It should be okay, you don't have to redo the medical.

So right. I have been complaining to some of the numpty lawyers on Avvo recently. Their advice is so bad that people will get disqualified. However, they won't let me comment unless I register as a lawyer.
I do understand the fact that there are very few lawyers who know about the filling process, esp with DV lottery. I work as a full time employee and i hardly get time to take care of my documentation, which is the major reason for me to hire the lawyer. Forum like this definitely have helped me to a bigger extend. Thanks for the concerns though guys.

I do understand the fact that there are very few lawyers who know about the filling process, esp with DV lottery. I work as a full time employee and i hardly get time to take care of my documentation, which is the major reason for me to hire the lawyer. Forum like this definitely have helped me to a bigger extend. Thanks for the concerns though guys.

Your choice of using a lawyer is yours, however don't make it sound like the rest of us here are not working full time or the people who decided to tackle the process on their own do not work full time either.

Your choice of using a lawyer is yours, however don't make it sound like the rest of us here are not working full time or the people who decided to tackle the process on their own do not work full time either.
You getting me wrong. I was just talking about my situation. I love the fact that you guys have set up this forum to help people out there. Very few people share their experience and help other people. I totally respect what you guys are doing. Please, Don't get me wrong at all.

Just FYI, I just received now an update from USCIS on my I-485 case, it says "On September 30, 2014, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1491xxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice." It is weird that it is dated 09/30/2014 and I received it today 12/12/2014. Anyway I guess something is happening, it is very slow but still moving which is good I hope.

Just FYI, I just received now an update from USCIS on my I-485 case, it says "On September 30, 2014, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1491xxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice." It is weird that it is dated 09/30/2014 and I received it today 12/12/2014. Anyway I guess something is happening, it is very slow but still moving which is good I hope.
I have the same message when I log on to the USCIS site, so it's probably just standard and it got uploaded today…Maybe maybe not, wait for Mom's response.;)

So... my number is current in February. I will collect my medical papers on Monday and also my transcript and enrollment verification from school (I am on F1).
I am waiting to get my DVfee receipt to send the package and I just hope it doesn't take too long, I don't want to wait too long to send the package.
I also have a question, just to make sure, I have my I-134 form and supporting documents from the sponsor (btw I found a more secure one than who I was writing about last time), do I still need to submit my own bank statement and payment stubs from my CPT work?
Also, do I need to include the sponsor's federal tax return in the package or is it okay to just bring it for the interview? Cause I do not have it at the moment.

Thanks all!

You getting me wrong. I was just talking about my situation. I love the fact that you guys have set up this forum to help people out there. Very few people share their experience and help other people. I totally respect what you guys are doing. Please, Don't get me wrong at all.

Okay, explanation understood. Thanks for clarifying things.

They probably forgot to print and mail it back in Sept when it was prepared, nothing to worry about.

I have the same message when I log on to the USCIS site, so it's probably just standard and it got uploaded today…Maybe maybe not, wait for Mom's response.;)

You already nailed it, it's a standard response that tells you nothing really.

So... my number is current in February. I will collect my medical papers on Monday and also my transcript and enrollment verification from school (I am on F1).
I am waiting to get my DVfee receipt to send the package and I just hope it doesn't take too long, I don't want to wait too long to send the package.
I also have a question, just to make sure, I have my I-134 form and supporting documents from the sponsor (btw I found a more secure one than who I was writing about last time), do I still need to submit my own bank statement and payment stubs from my CPT work?
Also, do I need to include the sponsor's federal tax return in the package or is it okay to just bring it for the interview? Cause I do not have it at the moment.

Thanks all!

I would suggest you still go ahead and submit your personal financial documents in addition to the I-134. Yes you need to include sponsor's back up documents with the I-134 if mailing the affidavit with your package. I hope you know that the sponsor's ID is also required. Be sure to keep copies (or the original version, as the case may be) of everything you're mailing out.

Hi Sm1smom, if I arrived in April 2014 but went on a 3-day trip to Mexico in Aug, and completed my medical exam within the 30 day period of re-entry in mid-Aug – should I be worried that this will be a problem?

I submitted the DS-260 mid September, but did the medicals while waiting for the 30 days to elapse. Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about.

No need to worry.

I would suggest you still go ahead and submit your personal financial documents in addition to the I-134. Yes you need to include sponsor's back up documents with the I-134 if mailing the affidavit with your package. I hope you know that the sponsor's ID is also required. Be sure to keep copies (or the original version, as the case may be) of everything you're mailing out.
Thank you again, Mom. I did not know about the sponsor's ID, I do not think it is mentioned in the spreadsheet?
Anyway, I cannot get a hold of my sponsor at the moment since he is on vacation for the holidays... I still need the taxes and ID from him.
So now my question is: is it better to submit the package with what I have and then submit additional documents later or do I wait until I have the rest of the sponsor's documents? I just don't want to wait too long, I am very anxious. But I value your advice and that is why I am asking what you think is best for me to do in this situation. And besides, I am waiting on the DV fee receipt anyway... -.- My question is valid only assuming that I get the receipt next week.
Thanks a bunch again!!

Thank you again, Mom. I did not know about the sponsor's ID, I do not think it is mentioned in the spreadsheet?
Anyway, I cannot get a hold of my sponsor at the moment since he is on vacation for the holidays... I still need the taxes and ID from him.
So now my question is: is it better to submit the package with what I have and then submit additional documents later or do I wait until I have the rest of the sponsor's documents? I just don't want to wait too long, I am very anxious. But I value your advice and that is why I am asking what you think is best for me to do in this situation. And besides, I am waiting on the DV fee receipt anyway... -.- My question is valid only assuming that I get the receipt next week.
Thanks a bunch again!!

Yes, the spreadsheet does not mention sponsor's ID or tax records - although anyone submitting an I-134 should have gone a step further to read the instructions for filling the form (or ask in the forum) in order to find out what documents should support whatever claim is being made on the form, USCIS cannot be expected to take the form at its face value, right?

Anyway you can go ahead and submit your package without the I-130 and the required supporting documents - if getting those will cause some delay. Just make sure you have everything with you for the interview and you just present them if the IO asks for an affidavit of support.

Yes, the spreadsheet does not mention sponsor's ID or tax records - although anyone submitting an I-134 should have gone a step further to read the instructions for filling the form (or ask in the forum) in order to find out what documents should support whatever claim is being made on the form, USCIS cannot be expected to take the form at its face value, right?

Anyway you can go ahead and submit your package without the I-130 and the required supporting documents - if getting those will cause some delay. Just make sure you have everything with you for the interview and you just present them if the IO asks for an affidavit of support.

Yes, it makes perfect sense and I did read the instructions on the USCIS site and also sent the link to my sponsor, I guess somehow I did not catch the ID part. I knew about the tax transcripts, I just do not have them yet.
Anyway... according to when my DV receipt gets here , I will see if I have to send the package with or without the affidavit. Hope it gets here soon! It'll be the only thing keeping from sending the package by Tuesday.

Thank you again!!

My interview is in a week. I have few questions:

1) On average, how long after the interview I'd wait to actually receive green card?

2) Do they give the green card right away after the interview? Also, are there any restrictions on leaving the country after you get the green card (adjust status)?

1) On average, how long after the interview I'd wait to actually receive green card?

2) Do they give the green card right away after the interview? Also, are there any restrictions on leaving the country after you get the green card (adjust status)?

1. Mine arrived about a week after the interview. Expect 1 to 2 weeks.

2. Some people have their status changed at the interview, others wait for a week or two. So it varies...

Once you have your green card in hand, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to travel..

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue date of the interview letter? Good luck at the interview.