• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi, I had a info pass today, after talking to the officer, I have been told that they just got my file from KCC yesterday, right after the thanksgiving. But, he told me that for the interview I need to wait because their schedule is packed, and it will be probably on January. FYI, I have been fingerprinted on Oct 10th.o_Oo_O
I hope what they told you was right. At this moment I have no idea who knows what...
Are you "ab" on the spreadsheet? Which field office are you allocated to? Just curious...

Ha ha! And there's the confirmation that the so called file transfer "problem" which might take up to January to get resolved isn't quite true.
If that IO knew what he was talking about then that's at least a positive sign. I am just a bit confused...:confused:

Ha ha! And there's the confirmation that the so called file transfer "problem" which might take up to January to get resolved isn't quite true.

I don't know about the validity of the file transfer "problem" but I just called KCC and spoke to the supervisor who has been very nice each time I've called and he told me that they are processing a backlog of AOS cases and that they expect they will all be completed by end of this week, sounds like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for anyone who has been waiting

I did my biometric on October 2nd already got my EAD but still waiting for my Interview letter.
after two month of waiting i tried to schedule infopass and got this message
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.
my area is Miami.
I know its still early but I start to worry should I ?
I called KCC and they told me that FO didn't request my case (they didn't say anything about problems with DS260).

Hello all, I'm hoping if Mom or anyone can give some thought on this... im under F1 right now and I'd my biometrics taken for DV2015 on third week of october but havent heard anything about my interview schedule yet....im thinking of an infopass appointment soon...however will it hamper my chances, if i request a parole to go outside US for two months for a training (well the training starts in feb and i was hoping everything would be sorted out by then, but i may have to look for options now to process visa)...any thoughts

It would have been much more simple if you had included an AP form with your package. Can it hamper your case if you apply now? Well that's the big question! Considering that the AP card takes about 2-3 months to get processed/issued, I'm not really sure it will be a good idea to apply for it now. FOs usually like to consolidate an applicant's file by the time of the final decision, the FO does not issue the AP card but they may well decide to wait for that process to complete before finalizing your AOS application.

But then I could be wrong, so it's really your call at this stage.

I did my biometric on October 2nd already got my EAD but still waiting for my Interview letter.
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.
my area is Miami.
I called KCC and they told me that FO didn't request my case (they didn't say anything about problems with DS260).

There is a mindset at the FOs that it takes months to deal with immigration cases and whilst DV is supposed to have a faster path, it is not surprising to hear they are moving in "normal" (read slow) mode. It probably means nothing, and unless you have a pressing need to complete your AoS fast, you should probably just go along with their timeline simply to reduce your stress level. There really is no need for you to worry.

my area is Miami.

You're in the same situation as almost every other person regarding the IL. I guess you will just have to keep checking for an infopass opening. On the other hand, if your FO isn't hours away from you, you can attempt a walk in, of course there's no guarantee they will let you in.

Hi there, I've been reading through this forum and it has been extremely helpful.

I was wondering if I could get some advice:
I am on a J1 visa (exempt from 2 year rule) and my number became current in Nov. I've been in the States since April 2014 and took a 3 day trip to Mexico from July 31 - August 3. I submitted my DS-260 September 8, and from the 30/60 day rule – it had been 36 days since the last arrival from when I submitted the DS-260.

Should I be worried seeing as 60 days hadn't elapsed?

I did call KCC Today to inquire whether my FO has requested my file. The lady over there made me hold call and inquired to another "person in-charge" and told me that my field office has requested my file, but KCC has not send file and is trying to send file ASAP. She doesn't know how long it might take, nor she was able to tell me what is the cause of the delay.

I did call KCC Today to inquire whether my FO has requested my file. The lady over there made me hold call and inquired to another "person in-charge" and told me that my field office has requested my file, but KCC has not send file and is trying to send file ASAP. She doesn't know how long it might take, nor she was able to tell me what is the cause of the delay.

Did you offer to go help them lick a stamp and put it on an envelope?

Hi there, I've been reading through this forum and it has been extremely helpful.

I was wondering if I could get some advice:
I am on a J1 visa (exempt from 2 year rule) and my number became current in Nov. I've been in the States since April 2014 and took a 3 day trip to Mexico from July 31 - August 3. I submitted my DS-260 September 8, and from the 30/60 day rule – it had been 36 days since the last arrival from when I submitted the DS-260.

Should I be worried seeing as 60 days hadn't elapsed?

You should be fine.

Thanks Sm1 smom and Britsimon... i guess i'm caught up in the dilemma of the opportunity cost although I did not know that AP would take 2-3 months...waiting game was never this cruel...lol

Hi Britsimon

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get an infopass appointment this morning at the field office. I spent over an hour there with the officer and then the supervisor showing them the policy where it explicitly spells out advance notice in plain English but with no luck, they were adamant the policy of that field office is that it cannot be filed before the beginning of the DV2015 year (October 1). In the end they agreed to submit it to another supervisor for review so I guess I wait and hear what happens there. I called the USCIS call center and they seem to be unable to help they simply said they could notify the field office of my concern but could do nothing further themselves. Anyone going through the New York field office who submitted before Oct 1 be prepared for a rocky ride, has anyone had any success with that particular field office?

Do I have any other avenues to reach out to regarding this error at this point in time?
Sorry you are going through the same ordeal I did. I would follow Simon's advice and write a letter spelling things out for them. Hopefully the supervisor understands the PM and reverses this nonsensical denial…hang in there.

Thanks Britsimon and ifits2be. I'm getting a letter drafted by lawyers that my work is making available to assist me and I have another infopass appointment for the week after next. So fingers crossed, I'll let you know how it goes. I just hope they are willing to listen.

Thanks Britsimon and ifits2be. I'm getting a letter drafted by lawyers that my work is making available to assist me and I have another infopass appointment for the week after next. So fingers crossed, I'll let you know how it goes. I just hope they are willing to listen.

Oh dear. Once you have the lawyers drafts, you'd better check here that they have made the right argument.

Uhm…I'd beware of lawyers. just like immigration officers, they do not seem very knowledgeable about DV…My suggestion is that you draft something and share it with Mom and Simon before sending…that's a way sounder option in my opinion and experience...but of course it is your call. In any case, Best wishes for a happy resolution.

hello everyone, i have a CN that will be current in August/september. so do you think i should go infopass now? i submitted the ds-260 in oct 19 and i haven't hear from kcc about it(if i filled it correctly or not). should i call kcc to ask?

hello everyone, i have a CN that will be current in August/september. so do you think i should go infopass now? i submitted the ds-260 in oct 19 and i haven't hear from kcc about it(if i filled it correctly or not). should i call kcc to ask?

Couple of things.

What is your case number (XXX out the last three digits like 2015EU31XXX)?
Are you already in the USA and doing Adjustment of Status?

I'm guessing you're already in the US and you want to process AOS. If that's the case, you need to read the 1st post on the 1st page of this thread. Open the AOS spreadsheet in it and familiarize yourself with AOS process.