• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Are you "interested" Susie? :rolleyes:

No, but as mom indicated, if he knows the person he can organise a visa before he gets his green card as FTJ. If on the other hand he is from one of these countries where he just wants a wife from home but doesn't know who yet, that wouldn't be an option.

Even if you can afford to wait for 2 more years before getting married, it does not mean you will be able to bring her to the US within 6 months as you're thinking (unless there are some legislative changes regarding immigration by the), it will still take a couple of years for her to join you. My response wasn't that you should wait 2 years or more before getting married!

Other options could be you get married before your CN becomes current and try to include her as a derivative so that she can benefit from your current selection. That option could be a bit complicated in your case unless you know precisely what you're getting into.

She could also try to get a F1 visa before you get married, come to the US and you both get married after her arrival. Possibility of getting the visa after getting married will be very very low.

If she's able to find an employer to sponsor her for a H1 visa, that may be another option.
The problem is our culture. I have to get married there in my country, and then bring here to the US.

The problem is our culture. I have to get married there in my country, and then bring here to the US.

Yes well, as mom says that will take you a long time.
You may find people from your own community/country already in the US to find a wife. That will not take you so long.

Or as many do, you may find your culture changes...almost certainly that of your children will not be the same...

M
Even if you can afford to wait for 2 more years before getting married, it does not mean you will be able to bring her to the US within 6 months as you're thinking (unless there are some legislative changes regarding immigration by the), it will still take a couple of years for her to join you. My response wasn't that you should wait 2 years or more before getting married!

Other options could be you get married before your CN becomes current and try to include her as a derivative so that she can benefit from your current selection. That option could be a bit complicated in your case unless you know precisely what you're getting into.

She could also try to get a F1 visa before you get married, come to the US and you both get married after her arrival. Possibility of getting the visa after getting married will be very very low.

If she's able to find an employer to sponsor her for a H1 visa, that may be another option.
I already submitted my papers and got acceptance.

Yes well, as mom says that will take you a long time.
You may find people from your own community/country already in the US to find a wife. That will not take you so long.

Or as many do, you may find your culture changes...almost certainly that of your children will not be the same...
That is not the option yet in my mind.
Do you recommend me if I cancel the the green card?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Most people would think you were crazy to cancel the application, but if having a wife from your country without any waiting time is more important to you even if it means you go back home, that is your decision.

Marriage is very important step too, and I am getting older and I have been waving it for so long.
I am really in dilemma.
Thanks.

Thanks.

No, I wouldn't recommend you cancel anything at this point in time. If you cancel you will loose the $1070 AOS fees you've already paid. And even if you don't mind loosing the money, submitting a new application with a spouse included will get your application through a much more tougher scrutiny and the possibility of being approved is very ver slim IMO considering this will be a spouse that you do not even have of a history, if any together.

My suggestion is complete your application as is. You can then go home and get married following which you begin the paper work of filing a petition for her. She remains back in your country, you visit as often as you can till the process of bringing her over completes.

Another alternative will be withdraw the current application, loose the AOS fee of course, go home and get married right away, then request for KCC to unlock you form, update your DS-260 form by including your spouse and process CP together. Of course you will still need to convince the CO that your marriage is genuine and it wasn't done simply for the purpose of getting an additional GC. When KCC ends up scheduling your interview of course will depend on when you resubmit your DS form and when they complete processing it. Considering the fact that you don't currently have marriage plans completed, not sure if this option is worth considering.

No, I wouldn't recommend you cancel anything at this point in time. If you cancel you will loose the $1070 AOS fees you've already paid. And even if you don't mind loosing the money, submitting a new application with a spouse included will get your application through a much more tougher scrutiny and the possibility of being approved is very ver slim IMO considering this will be a spouse that you do not even have of a history, if any together.

My suggestion is complete your application as is. You can then go home and get married following which you begin the paper work of filing a petition for her. She remains back in your country, you visit as often as you can till the process of bringing her over completes.

Another alternative will be withdraw the current application, loose the AOS fee of course, go home and get married right away, then request for KCC to unlock you form, update your DS-260 form by including your spouse and process CP together. Of course you will still need to convince the CO that your marriage is genuine and it wasn't done simply for the purpose of getting an additional GC. When KCC ends up scheduling your interview of course will depend on when you resubmit your DS form and when they complete processing it. Considering the fact that you don't currently have marriage plans completed, not sure if this option is worth considering.

Thanks so much, Sm1smom.

I will keep completing it, and I will see what next months will bring.

I am just confused and worried about this.

Thanks again.

I'm curious if anyone knows who adjudicates/produces the EAD, my assumption is that it is the National Benefits Center and not the local FO?

I submitted my DS-260 on August 9th and still have not received my second NL... when should I start worrying about it?

I submitted my DS-260 on August 9th and still have not received my second NL... when should I start worrying about it?

There is a large processing backlog on the DS 260s, so much so that people already current who had submitted in June and July are getting delays in the CP interviews. I expect that will clear up within a month, perhaps two - however, given your case number that won't be an issue for you as it will be months before your case is current anyway. So, in short - don't worry about it at all.

Folks: an update on my case. Last week, I emailed lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and after a couple of days I got an mail that application has now been received. I got receipts today in the mail. The receipts show application received on August 25, but took almost a month to send notice and cash check. Good thing though, I am finally making progress.
Good, glad to know. Best wishes with the rest of the steps.

Hi everybody
I don't want to post two times the same question, but I'm not sure I've put it on the right place on the first time.
So, here am I again, little Frenchy and his spouse dreaming of american dream with a DV2015-EU434xx for Madam in pocket. It seems we'll have a piece of chance this year, right? A little one, but still…
But we certainly have to be patient and wait for a full year before to know if it'll be current or not.
Thank you all, guys and gals...