• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Those of you who already submitted you DS-260s, How long did it take to hear back from KCC (2nd NL)? Somehow I assumed it would be a matter of days but I now realize it takes much longer than that...

I've been waiting for more than two months. I called them and checked and they've not even started processing. But if your CN number is low, hopefully it will be faster (mine is on the high side).

Those of you who already submitted you DS-260s, How long did it take to hear back from KCC (2nd NL)? Somehow I assumed it would be a matter of days but I now realize it takes much longer than that...

I sent ds-260 on May 27 and received the 2NL on July 27

Hello everybody! I'm filling up the papers and got a question about the Date of Last Arrival. I checked my I-94 online and it reflects only the date I first came to the States (almost 2 years ago). But during my stay here I went to Canada two times (last visit was this May). I got my passport stamped on my way to Canada and it was nothing done on my way back. So, should I indicate that visit as a date of my last arrival, or just put the dates from the online I-94? I would really appreciate your advises.

Hello everybody! I'm filling up the papers and got a question about the Date of Last Arrival. I checked my I-94 online and it reflects only the date I first came to the States (almost 2 years ago). But during my stay here I went to Canada two times (last visit was this May). I got my passport stamped on my way to Canada and it was nothing done on my way back. So, should I indicate that visit as a date of my last arrival, or just put the dates from the online I-94? I would really appreciate your advises.

Put the additional trips also. They know their system isn't perfect, but you should tell the truth as you know it.

I have not submitted my DS-260 as yet as I am studying in the US on an F1 visa and plan to apply for AOS but had to travel out of the US in the latter part of July. In view of the 30/60 rule I plan to wait until the end of this month or early September to submit the DS-260. In the meantime can I go ahead and remit the Lottery Fee of $330 to the DOS or should I wait until after I submit the DS-260. I have a low CN number which should be within the cut-off number for November 2014. Since the latter Visa Bulletin will become public in September can I submit the DS-260 and I-485 simultaneously?

I've been waiting for more than two months. I called them and checked and they've not even started processing. But if your CN number is low, hopefully it will be faster (mine is on the high side).

Hopefully we receive it this month, if not I will be calling them…LOL

sigh..
In the AOS package it mentions including copy of High school degrees, other diplomas, certificates, pay stubs for the last 6 months, bank statements etc. When you look on the USCIS website, for AOS it doesn't mention having to provide any of this. And I actually provided most of this when I submitted for the L1 visa.

Honestly, Stephenau, you make it seem like people contributing to this forum are so bored in their lives, so they just "hang out" here and make up stories about submitting apparently unnecessary documents, forms, etc. As mentioned above, you don't have to follow the advice given by people who have gone through the process and are willing--voluntarily--to share their experiences and provide useful information to others.

Hello everyone, I won DV lottery with low number 2015AF00004xxx. Since my number will be current in Oct, I am currently completing i-485.
I have been in US for 8 years, do I need to include in the application packet, all statuses held while in US or only the current status?

Thanks.

Hello everyone, I won DV lottery with low number 2015AF00004xxx. Since my number will be current in Oct, I am currently completing i-485.
I have been in US for 8 years, do I need to include in the application packet, all statuses held while in US or only the current status?

Thanks.

Include copies of all if you have them.

I have not submitted my DS-260 as yet as I am studying in the US on an F1 visa and plan to apply for AOS but had to travel out of the US in the latter part of July. In view of the 30/60 rule I plan to wait until the end of this month or early September to submit the DS-260. In the meantime can I go ahead and remit the Lottery Fee of $330 to the DOS or should I wait until after I submit the DS-260. I have a low CN number which should be within the cut-off number for November 2014. Since the latter Visa Bulletin will become public in September can I submit the DS-260 and I-485 simultaneously?
Can anyone offer me some advice? I would really appreciate it.

Hello everyone: Couple of questions
  1. If my wife, the main applicant is currently not employed but the spouse, derivative beneficiary, is working with enough salary to support the family, do we still need to complete affidavit of support?
  2. Do we need to submit the employment docs, that is SSN, W2, employment letter with the application or wait and take them to the interview?

Hello everyone: Couple of questions
  1. If my wife, the main applicant is currently not employed but the spouse, derivative beneficiary, is working with enough salary to support the family, do we still need to complete affidavit of support?
  2. Do we need to submit the employment docs, that is SSN, W2, employment letter with the application or wait and take them to the interview?

1. No.

2. Either way is fine.

Ahhh husbands….Sorry Simon and other husbands here…Mind you that mine received the 2nd NL from KCC a whole 4 days ago and never mentioned it to me! Just now I thought to ask him if he's received anything from KCC and he said, I have received something, but I am not sure if that's what you are talking about, go check my email…So I log on to his email and indeed it's the 2nd NL…smh, LOL. But so yea, KCC processed this one in 9 days!!! Waiting for the DV fee receipt now…Enjoy the week end guys