• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I'm not going to spend my time arguing with you here. I know what the SSN card of F1 visa holders says. The fact that you haven't worked for the past 2 years or that you've been able to switch schools does not negate the fact that you're out of status and cannot apply for immigration benefits from within the US except under certain circumstances.

Your old or new school is not responsible for checking wether you've worked off campus or not. For as long as you're carrying the required number of credits, they will be under the assumption that you're maintaing status. Did you ever inform either your old school or the new one that you worked off campus without authorization?
The schools dont know about work sorry im not arguing with u i need information only

The schools dont know about work sorry im not arguing with u i need information only

If the schools are not aware of the unauthorized work, then they're under the assumption you haven't violated the terms of your status and that's why you were able to transfer your I-20. You've been out of status all these while.

Your options are to talk to a lawyer to see if there's any way out for you at all or to completely forget about this selection and try to finish your schooling for now.

I ll go lawyer maybe lawyer can do defence like he didnt know about this and when he realized he quited the work it should be a way i dont wanna lose that chance :(

I ll go lawyer maybe lawyer can do defence like he didnt know about this and when he realized he quited the work it should be a way i dont wanna lose that chance :(

You're assumed to make yourself familiar with the conditions of whatever visa you are issued. But I'm sure if you pay a lawyer s/he will come up with some form of defense for you.

Out of interest, mom, what happens if he tries to do something like this and it doesn't work - when he gets denied at USCIS for being out of status, will he be ordered to leave the US?

Yes, that is the assumption. However, some IOs are known to have insisted on seeing the Diploma itself at the time of the interview. A DV 2013 applicant actually came back to report on this, fortunately he had made arrangements to obtain the diploma it just didn't get here on time before the interview, but it eventually did arrive less than a week after. He was able to send it to his IO and got approved.

Fingers crossed your IO might not make an issue if it.
I hope so. Unfortunately, %99.99 of not getting it on time. The system in my country is very slow in this part.

Can I go ahead and send the applications now even without it?

Thanks

I hope so. Unfortunately, %99.99 of not getting it on time. The system in my country is very slow in this part.

Thanks

Do that. You are early in the year and plenty of time to sort out if they insist on it.

Thanks

Oh yeah, absolutely. Go ahead and submit the package, there's no reason to not do that. I was simply trying to encourage you and others to be over prepared. At the end of the day, your IO may not even mention or ask to see the HS diploma.

You're assumed to make yourself familiar with the conditions of whatever visa you are issued. But I'm sure if you pay a lawyer s/he will come up with some form of defense for you.

Out of interest, mom, what happens if he tries to do something like this and it doesn't work - when he gets denied at USCIS for being out of status, will he be ordered to leave the US?

He will be sent a deportation notice by mail asking him to voluntarily depart from the US within a certain number of days, failure to do so will then result in deportation proceedings being initiated against him which will make it much more harder to ever come into the US again. The notice could be sent immediately, it could also be sent a couple of years down the road. Here's a link to someone who filed an AOS for a spouse that was out of status and had accrued unlawful presence:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/deportation-notice-for-out-of-status-h4.288530/

I am in the process of competing the DS-260 and would like assistance on the question of the last 5 visits to the US. I have been studying in the US for a number of years with a recent trip out of the US where I returned on July 24. If I list this as my last "visit" to the US I also need to enter the length of stay and a specific period must be selected from the drop-down menu. But I am still in the US so that stating a specific length of stay seems to be inappropriate. As it is a current and still on-going "visit" should I list it at all? If I must list it, how do I stipulate a length of stay? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is it ok to write something like: Original submission, form I-485 on the front the mailing envelope (mentioned at the USCIS mailing tips link) or is this not really necessary? thnx

Hello all

Update I sent my AOS package on Aug 25th and got SMS and Email last night September 15th

I applied for 4 ( 2 adults 2 kids)

I got two like that ( I believe for the kids)

Initial Review

On August 28, 2014, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And 2 like that ( I believe for me and my wife)

Acceptance
On September 11, 2014, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

and also one for my EAD

so this is the famous NOA ?

Hello all

Update I sent my AOS package on Aug 25th and got SMS and Email last night September 15th

I applied for 4 ( 2 adults 2 kids)

I got two like that ( I believe for the kids)

Initial Review

On August 28, 2014, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And 2 like that ( I believe for me and my wife)

Acceptance
On September 11, 2014, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

and also one for my EAD

so this is the famous NOA ?

Yes but you should have got 4 - one for each case.

I am in the process of competing the DS-260 and would like assistance on the question of the last 5 visits to the US. I have been studying in the US for a number of years with a recent trip out of the US where I returned on July 24. If I list this as my last "visit" to the US I also need to enter the length of stay and a specific period must be selected from the drop-down menu. But I am still in the US so that stating a specific length of stay seems to be inappropriate. As it is a current and still on-going "visit" should I list it at all? If I must list it, how do I stipulate a length of stay? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The people that came up with the idea for all DV selectees to submit DS-260 apparently had their heads placed backwards or upside down; or they were high on something when the decision was made since not much thought was giving to those processing AOS and how they're supposed to fill out this form. Some of the questions are not appropriate for AOS applicants, even for CP too when you think about the labor certification requirement section.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is don't stress too much about the DS-260 form, it doesn't have a lot of bearing on AOS applicants, they will hardly look at the form when you go for your interview, but you still have to fill it as best as you can. If it wouldn't let you submit without providing an ending date regarding the visit, you can use the date of the day of form submission.