• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

hi, the the rank cut-offs which will apply in september is now available, for ASIA the number did not change, and still is 7650. my case number is around 8050, and I am from IRAN, therefore it means that I completely 100% lost my chance to get the green card????????????

I'm afraid, that's what it looks like. :(:( I'm truly sorry for all those who did not make the cut-off, a very sad VB for all, with the exception of the EU region I guess :confused:

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but as AS region (which i'm applying under) did not move at all during the final two VBs (static at 7650), would this have any impact on GC availability for people who did AOS and are currently waiting for an IL in this region?

I admit I don't fully understand how the quotas for DV work - as I mentioned in previous posts, I sent my AOS package in late June and am currently waiting on my IL. Would the much lower than expected number for AS affect my chances of successfully obtaining the GC if my interview ends up being scheduled for late August/early Sept beyond the standard issues with finishing before the Sept 30 deadline, or is it unlikely to?

My sympathies to everyone who didn't go current! This is my 4th time applying for DV with no success even winning the previous few tries, so I understand your pain. There's always next year :)

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but as AS region (which i'm applying under) did not move at all during the final two VBs (static at 7650), would this have any impact on GC availability for people who did AOS and are currently waiting for an IL in this region?

I admit I don't fully understand how the quotas for DV work - as I mentioned in previous posts, I sent my AOS package in late June and am currently waiting on my IL. Would the much lower than expected number for AS affect my chances of successfully obtaining the GC if my interview ends up being scheduled for late August/early Sept beyond the standard issues with finishing before the Sept 30 deadline, or is it unlikely to?

My sympathies to everyone who didn't go current! This is my 4th time applying for DV with no success even winning the previous few tries, so I understand your pain. There's always next year :)

From what I understand if your number is current already, you're not affected at all by the latest cutoff irrespective of whether it stays the same or goes higher.

Your only potential problem is if your country's quota is reached before you are issued, but that is very rare.

Hello All,
I finally got my IL and the interview is on 5th Aug. IL mentions the documents to bring at the time of interview which include Evidence of your married life together (see enclosure). I have my marriage certificate from my country so what all other documents can i submit? Do I have to register my marriage here in the States? What does enclosure mean cause no where anything else was mentioned about the marriage in the IL? Thank you.

Hello All,
I finally got my IL and the interview is on 5th Aug. IL mentions the documents to bring at the time of interview which include Evidence of your married life together (see enclosure). I have my marriage certificate from my country so what all other documents can i submit? Do I have to register my marriage here in the States? What does enclosure mean cause no where anything else was mentioned about the marriage in the IL? Thank you.

Congratulations on getting your IL, and no, you're not required to register your marriage in the U.S. You should however expand the following posts and go over them:

We just got out of our interview with my wife and I think our experience will be very useful for others. It didn't go as easy as other people's and if you are married, you should read this:

Our interview times were at 8:00 and 8:30am for me and my wife respectively. We checked in and the officer found us in the waiting room after about 15 minutes of waiting (she recognized us because of the pictures in our files). We walked to her room and she opened up our binders. She was a very nice lady. She checked our passports (old and new; old one having all the visas). She asked our names, DOB, birth place, parents' names. She checked our birth certificates, both Turkish version and the translation. She checked our marriage certificate. She went through the files in our binders and asked us our last date of entries. She went through that standard list of questions like 'were you in a military, have you committed a crime, etc'. We said no to all of them. Then she asked if we have any other document proving our marriage. We didn't have anything other than IRS transcripts and bank statements (which she already had). She said she will send a request for evidence in mail. I said I have apartment lease and car insurance information but in electronic format. I asked if I can email them to her and she said sure. I emailed both documents and she printed them for us and put them in our binders. She said everything looks fine and with the additional documents our case should be approved. She said our case will be reviewed and if it requires any further documents, we will receive request for evidence but she didn't think it will be the case and we will have our cards within a few weeks. Interview took total 30 minutes or so.

Long story short: if you are applying with your spouse, bring additional documents like lease, insurance cards, bank statements, etc. to the interview. We didn't know and our case would be delayed if the officer didn't let us email them to her.

Hopefully this will be useful for other applicants.

Good luck!
Engin

Proof of mariage is a pretty standard question. We had it as well but had read about it here so we took photo albums of our first vacation together to the interview as well as other family pictures. Old Pictures proving a history together is usually enough. But best to take all the proof you have at hand. Glad it worked out for you guys

From what I understand if your number is current already, you're not affected at all by the latest cutoff irrespective of whether it stays the same or goes higher.

Your only potential problem is if your country's quota is reached before you are issued, but that is very rare.

Thank you for your reply! Guess the only thing to do is cross my fingers and hope for the IL soon...

Hello All,
Congrats friend! For proof of mariage, take your wedding albums, family pics, joint bank statements, wedding invitations, pics on vacations, with your families back home, things like that and you'll be good...good luck

Congratulations on getting your IL, and no, you're not required to register your marriage in the U.S. You should however expand the following posts and go over them:
Hello Mom,
For marriage evidence, I have my passport where my husbands name is printed, my marriage certificate, lease document of the previous apartment, IRS Document, bank document. I also have citizenship certificate in which my husbands name is written but that is in Nepali. Should I get the citizenship translated in English? If yes how can I do that? Thanks.

Hello Mom,
For marriage evidence, I have my passport where my husbands name is printed, my marriage certificate, lease document of the previous apartment, IRS Document, bank document. I also have citizenship certificate in which my husbands name is written but that is in Nepali. Should I get the citizenship translated in English? If yes how can I do that? Thanks.

The documents you listed with both names, in addition to historical pictures of course, are good. It's not a bad idea to also take along utilities bills listing both of you, if you have them. Insurance records is also a good one. And yes, translating the Nepalese citizenship certificate is not a bad idea.

Also, here is an "update" on my case:
I was current and sent my i485 AOS package in in February. Did BIO in March. Received EAD/AP cards for me and my wife in Early May.
Did an InfoPass on 6/3/2015. We were told that that my FO was waiting on a file from another USCIS office before they could schedule our interview. The officer said check back if you don't hear anything in a month or so.
Well, we didn't hear anything, so did another InfoPass Yesterday (Friday)..... same story. The officer could not indicate any issues with our case, but my FO is waiting on a file from another USCIS office. Could not elaborate on which file, or what could be done to expedite this process, since no movement for several months.
Should I be worried? Is there a way to check how many DV2015 visas have been issued so far, or how many are left. Or how many are left for my country? (EU).
Thanks!

Also, here is an "update" on my case:
I was current and sent my i485 AOS package in in February. Did BIO in March. Received EAD/AP cards for me and my wife in Early May.
Did an InfoPass on 6/3/2015. We were told that that my FO was waiting on a file from another USCIS office before they could schedule our interview. The officer said check back if you don't hear anything in a month or so.
Well, we didn't hear anything, so did another InfoPass Yesterday (Friday)..... same story. The officer could not indicate any issues with our case, but my FO is waiting on a file from another USCIS office. Could not elaborate on which file, or what could be done to expedite this process, since no movement for several months.
Should I be worried? Is there a way to check how many DV2015 visas have been issued so far, or how many are left. Or how many are left for my country? (EU).
Thanks!

The other USCIS office will be KCC. Did you fill in your DS260 and indicate that you were doing AoS?

Just under 14000 visas have been issued so far for EU. So - you need to get your case moving. Contact KCC and ask if they have had a request to send the file. Most likely your FO haven't requested it...

The other USCIS office will be KCC. Did you fill in your DS260 and indicate that you were doing AoS?

Just under 14000 visas have been issued so far for EU. So - you need to get your case moving. Contact KCC and ask if they have had a request to send the file. Most likely your FO haven't requested it...

Thank you for your help. How do you know 14000 visas were issued for EU? Where can I check this? How many are left?
I called the 1800 number for KCC and the representative on the phone said KCC sent my file to my FO on 5/21/2015.
Could my FO be waiting for something else?

Thank you for your help. How do you know 14000 visas were issued for EU? Where can I check this? How many are left?
I called the 1800 number for KCC and the representative on the phone said KCC sent my file to my FO on 5/21/2015.
Could my FO be waiting for something else?

I extract the CEAC data and publish the information. This does NOT include AoS cases.
http://britsimonsays.com/ceac-data-july-11/

Then the FO should have the file - I would say you will need another infopass and not be brushed off. Tell them they have the file from KCC - if they say they don't have it, you need to explain what KCC told you. Ask about the background check, the biometric. Ask them what else is holding you up and also take in the policy memo that says they should be treating your case more urgently. Be polite at all time, but be firm and persistent.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

I extract the CEAC data and publish the information. This does NOT include AoS cases.
http://britsimonsays.com/ceac-data-july-11/

Then the FO should have the file - I would say you will need another infopass and not be brushed off. Tell them they have the file from KCC - if they say they don't have it, you need to explain what KCC told you. Ask about the background check, the biometric. Ask them what else is holding you up and also take in the policy memo that says they should be treating your case more urgently. Be polite at all time, but be firm and persistent.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

We did out biometric at a different office (service center). Should I also contact this office?
On your website you mention 15500 - is this the maximum number made available for EU?