• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thanks mom! I was looking to stay in the US and do AOS as the flight to New Zealand is quite draining on the bank balance $$$! If I was to get my OPT approval by the end of August, wait 30 days then submit the DS-260 at the end of September, do you have any idea of the likely timeframe of the next steps through to approval (fingers crossed!) My OPT is scheduled to run out at the start of April so I'm a little concerned about the timeframe.

Well, a lot depend on your FO, but on average, processing time could about 4-5 months. So if you were to submit your DS-Form late Sept, send in your AOS package too at the same time, which is more or less Oct, fingers crossed, you should be done by Feb 2015, but don't quote me. Look at past timelines posted and see how your FO has been doing to get a better idea of the likely time frame.

Well, a lot depend on your FO, but on average, processing time could about 4-5 months. So if you were to submit your DS-Form late Sept, send in your AOS package too at the same time, which is more or less Oct, fingers crossed, you should be done by Feb 2015, but don't quote me. Look at past timelines posted and see how your FO has been doing to get a better idea of the likely time frame.

Thank-you thank-you for all your help! Woooo, time to get busy :)

Hi Guys - does anyone know what the Employment letter is meant to be? Is this the offer letter I received when moving here with the firm stating role/salary etc? because things have changed since then at work. Or is it just a recent letter showing that I am currently employed there and salary detail etc? Does it have to come from HR?

I was not planning to submit this, as I was just going to submit pay stubs and W2s..the reason I did not want to get my job involved in this is because they have been laying people off lately and I wonder if they know that I may be applying for GC, it will somehow get me added to the "list" as I won't need their sponsorship any more, I don't know, it sounds crazy but nothing is impossible nowadays!

As you say, pay stubs and W2 info is most important but take the offer letter and subsequent letters about raises or promotions etc.

Hi Guys - does anyone know what the Employment letter is meant to be? Is this the offer letter I received when moving here with the firm stating role/salary etc? because things have changed since then at work. Or is it just a recent letter showing that I am currently employed there and salary detail etc? Does it have to come from HR?

I was not planning to submit this, as I was just going to submit pay stubs and W2s..the reason I did not want to get my job involved in this is because they have been laying people off lately and I wonder if they know that I may be applying for GC, it will somehow get me added to the "list" as I won't need their sponsorship any more, I don't know, it sounds crazy but nothing is impossible nowadays!

What I've often encouraged people to present in this regard is an employment verification letter - a simple one page letter confirming bearer's employment status with the issuing company. This is a 'to whom it may concern letter'. It doesn't have to be sent with the AOS package, it can be taken along to the interview when the time comes.

And if you still think it might be a problem for you, then go with what you have - the original offer of employment letter and current pay stubs are confirmation you still work for the company.

As you say, pay stubs and W2 info is most important but take the offer letter and subsequent letters about raises or promotions etc.

Thanks Simon! That is a good idea, I can just show the changes from when I got here till now, i'm guessing as long as the bottom line is i'm still employed and can support myself then they won't care for changes in the role and so on.

What I've often encouraged people to present in this regard is an employment verification letter - a simple one page letter confirming bearer's employment status with the issuing company. This is a 'to whom it may concern letter'. It doesn't have to be sent with the AOS package, it can be taken along to the interview when the time comes.

And if you still think it might be a problem for you, then go with what you have - the original offer of employment letter and current pay stubs are confirmation you still work for the company.

Hmm in that case it seems like I could just get a generic reference letter from HR, this usually shows current employment status with the firm etc, that should suffice then for this purpose, along with the pay stubs and W2s. Thanks mom :)

Hmm in that case it seems like I could just get a generic reference letter from HR, this usually shows current employment status with the firm etc, that should suffice then for this purpose, along with the pay stubs and W2s. Thanks mom :)

Yep, it should.

Was going through the google spreadsheet, do the bank statements also have to date back for 6 months? (like the paystubs) thanks!

Was going through the google spreadsheet, do the bank statements also have to date back for 6 months? (like the paystubs) thanks!

Not necessarily, could be 3 months. The numbers listed on the spreadsheet are simply guidelines.

Hi Mom and Simon,
Am I waiting for another confirmation letter from KCC after submitting our DS-260s or is the confirmation I printed out at the end of the submission it? Thanks for clarifying.

Hi Mom and Simon,
Am I waiting for another confirmation letter from KCC after submitting our DS-260s or is the confirmation I printed out at the end of the submission it? Thanks for clarifying.

In previous years (prior to the use of the 260) KCC sent a note acknowledging the selectees choice to do aos. That is the 2NL (different to the 2NL for CP cases). My understanding is that you will still get that in DV2015.

Hi Mom and Simon,

Hi Ifitis2be, just to add to Simon's comment, you will receive another letter from them via email when they have processed your application, I received my email a few days ago and I had submitted Ds260 in June!

Is it ok to use dividers/color tabs at the side of the pages to identify the different sections in the AOS pack, such Education, Finances etc etc - reason I ask is because from previous dealings with immigration back in my home country, for some reason they were very specific for people to NOT use plastic sleeves for example to divide up their packs into sections. So I wonder if USCIS has similar policies - did any of you provide the pack with the different sections clearly separated or was it just one big pile of paper? thanks!

Is it ok to use dividers/color tabs at the side of the pages to identify the different sections in the AOS pack, such Education, Finances etc etc - reason I ask is because from previous dealings with immigration back in my home country, for some reason they were very specific for people to NOT use plastic sleeves for example to divide up their packs into sections. So I wonder if USCIS has similar policies - did any of you provide the pack with the different sections clearly separated or was it just one big pile of paper? thanks!

Mailing Tips/Filing Tips:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=4

Hi all- couple of slightly odd questions maybe..

1) I have dual nationality - should I be including a copy of the passport page/photo etc of the second passport? I did not use this passport to travel here and it does not have any stamps/visas etc. I actually never use it. But on my DS-260 form, when asked if I hold another passport I did submit the details for it. On form I-485 there is no mention about a second passport etc, so no real box for me to enter this info - I don't know if it is relevant given that it does not hold any visas or stamps and I do not use it...thoughts anyone?

2) Since I my eligibility for DV was through chargeable country rather than birth country, I am guessing I have to also include the evidence that shows why my country was chargeable for me?

Thanks as always :)

Hi all- couple of slightly odd questions maybe..

1) I have dual nationality - should I be including a copy of the passport page/photo etc of the second passport? I did not use this passport to travel here and it does not have any stamps/visas etc. I actually never use it. But on my DS-260 form, when asked if I hold another passport I did submit the details for it. On form I-485 there is no mention about a second passport etc, so no real box for me to enter this info - I don't know if it is relevant given that it does not hold any visas or stamps and I do not use it...thoughts anyone?

2) Since I my eligibility for DV was through chargeable country rather than birth country, I am guessing I have to also include the evidence that shows why my country was chargeable for me?

Thanks as always :)

1. I would personally just take that to the interview - but you can include it with the aos package if you like.

2. I suppose that depends on the evidence. Typically that will be through your spouse, but if that is more complicated then I would not include that in the aos package, but rather properly present that during the interview. Is your chargeability complex?

1. I would personally just take that to the interview - but you can include it with the aos package if you like.

2. I suppose that depends on the evidence. Typically that will be through your spouse, but if that is more complicated then I would not include that in the aos package, but rather properly present that during the interview. Is your chargeability complex?

Hi Simon,

Ok I will just take it along to the interview. I had planned to just included a copy of passport page so that it doesn't look like I didn't disclose it beforehand or do think this won't be an issue?

Hmm I don't think it's complex as it is an option I read about from DOS - My chargeability is through the fact that when I was born my parents where citizens of their birth country that is eligible for the DV and had not yet been naturalized in my country of birth making me eligible to apply and charge to that country for the DV.

I feel like I should include their birth certificates and naturalisation certificates in the AOS pack, to make it clear - because technically my country of birth alone isn't eligible to apply for DV. Because if I don't include them, they would take a look at my birth certificate and say not eligible.

My spouse is also born in the same country as my parents but I'm not using his birth country as chargeable since I read that would only be possible if he too was applying for the GC via DV, which he isn't.

Your thoughts please? Thanks so much