• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 and Case Number

Europe take about 16k to 18k (annual quota) and you assuming that your wifes cn Is among the 37000 eu selectees might be wrong ! Because up to now, I traced EU45xxx my self, and I've heard of EU47xxx.
Just for you to now the case numbers progression has holes in between.

Feel free to ask more questions :)

Edouard,
Also, the family members share the same cn as the principal applicant, but that not what causes the holes.
The holes are created by disqualified entries ...
The fiscal year starts from september to october, and every month a cutoff is allocated for a certain range of cns by region according to the visas available for each month.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

I saw this, Vladek. The bulletin edited for june is for the DV-2014, right?
I understand that there is holes in the case numbers, so it's rather difficult to know our exact chances with a high number. Gosh! It's thrilling!
But, sincerely, what are our statistically chances to win, according to the past years results? -)
We need to be confident in this process to come, because we'll have to wait a lot of time before to know! -)))

I saw this, Vladek. The bulletin edited for june is for the DV-2014, right?
I understand that there is holes in the case numbers, so it's rather difficult to know our exact chances with a high number. Gosh! It's thrilling!
But, sincerely, what are our statistically chances to win, according to the past years results? -)
We need to be confident in this process to come, because we'll have to wait a lot of time before to know! -)))
Yes ! The visa bulletin is released 2 months in advance,
We are all in the same boat !
I neen waiting from last year may, hopefully I will be current for august now :)
Its a long and painful waiting game that's waiting for you, so you will have to be very patient ...
Here is a spreadsheet where you can follow the cn progress, for three regions:
http://www.dv-info.site40.net/
Dv2014 was over loaded since they selected 140660. And most of us think that the high cns won't get a chance for an interview...

In dv2015 they selected 125500.
So your chances are better than this year dv.
You will to wait and see what happens in current dv than you can take a conclusion

Thank you again, Vladek
I looked on the schedule you sent me, and I se that from 2006 all the DV are current at the end of the period! So it seems there is no reason to be anxious, even for you! Of course, if the selected in 2014 were overload, you'll have to wait a bit more, but I'm certain you'll get it!
Do you know how much were selected in 2013, in comparison? Cause for this year ll the DV's were current in august and september.

Jeepers creepers!:eek:

@Edouard,
At this rate, all I can say is you're gonna drive yourself crazy before your CN becomes current with all these crap about odds and statistics.

You've got a long bumpy ride ahead of you, and trust me when I say a long bumpy ride, I mean Long Bumpy Ride going by your CN:rolleyes:

You will soon find out the VB will be disappointing at some point and encouraging at other times. Just continue living your live like there's no plan to emigrate (yeah I know it's easier said than done, but it's possible). Don't focus all your energy on trying to figure out the odds of getting the elusive visa or not. Just get whatever documents you need in support of your application when the time come, and try to be as normal as possible.

My humble opinion! Peace out!:cool:

@Edouard,
At this rate, all I can say is you're gonna drive yourself crazy before your CN becomes current with all these crap about odds and statistics.

You've got a long bumpy ride ahead of you, and trust me when I say a long bumpy ride, I mean Long Bumpy Ride going by your CN:rolleyes:

You will soon find out the VB will be disappointing at some point and encouraging at other times. Just continue living your live like there's no plan to emigrate (yeah I know it's easier said than done, but it's possible). Don't focus all your energy on trying to figure out the odds of getting the elusive visa or not. Just get whatever documents you need in support of your application when the time come, and try to be as normal as possible.

You are SO right!

My thoughts exactly.

I moved from Lisbon to Dubai last year and even though I just started a life here (new husband, new job, new apartment, new everything) and rent here is paid by the year (and not at all cheap), I will renew my tenancy contract for another year and live my life as if nothing happened.

If do get a green card, great! I then have 6 months to figure everything out and that is plenty of time.

Don't sweat it Edouard.

@Edouard,

My thoughts exactly.

I moved from Lisbon to Dubai last year and even though I just started a life here (new husband, new job, new apartment, new everything) and rent here is paid by the year (and not at all cheap), I will renew my tenancy contract for another year and live my life as if nothing happened.

If do get a green card, great! I then have 6 months to figure everything out and that is plenty of time.

Don't sweat it Edouard.

Yeah, thumbs up to you. Great way to go about this whole crazy process which is full of uncertainties but quite exhilarating once completed.

*new and first lol
We were engaged so decided to marry before moving to Dubai since unmarried couples living together is technically illegal here (go figure...).

Anyway, having found this forum was great, big thanks to everyone helping out all of us GC newbies.

IS AF25XXX CONSIDERED HIGH WITH RESPECT TO 2015 ? IF THERE IS A CHANCE FOR AN INTERVIEW, WHEN ROUGHLY WILL THAT BE? THANKS

IS AF25XXX CONSIDERED HIGH WITH RESPECT TO 2015 ? IF THERE IS A CHANCE FOR AN INTERVIEW, WHEN ROUGHLY WILL THAT BE? THANKS

No, that would be considered a low number - unless it is from a limited country (probably just Ethiopia and Egypt for DV2015). THe interview will be around February/March

just to answer to the question number 6 that you posted at the beginning, we need always to submit the DS-260 as required but the department of the states .... otherwise you will be a second holes lolololololol (Vladek can gives you what second holes means ;) )

No, that would be considered a low number - unless it is from a limited country (probably just Ethiopia and Egypt for DV2015). THe interview will be around February/March[/QUOTE

what is meant by limited country? actually I am chargeable to Egypt. then how does this effect the chance of getting interviewed ?