• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners in africa-sudan

Let me still advice you to bite the bullet and go to sudan for you interview, if you are hoping for reform, let me remind you of obama's uncle that waited 50 years for his GC, I'm sure you heard about the matter since you are living in the US for 1s years ....
Regards

Vladek15425 , remember 1986 Ronald Reagan give amnesty to all undocumented immigrants , I don,t know where Obama,s uncle was, hopefully this year all 11 million will be legalized ... Cross your finger with me .

Vladek15425 , remember 1986 Ronald Reagan give amnesty to all undocumented immigrants , I don,t know where Obama,s uncle was, hopefully this year all 11 million will be legalized ... Cross your finger with me .

I guess I can deduce my answer to the question I pointedly asked twice, which you've decided to avoid. If you're in the US illegally, I'm sorry to say you cannot do a DV based AOS. The only the illegal stay could be over-look would be if you were married to a USC and you decide to do a marriage based-AOS.

Thank u sm1smom , are your info based on cases u know ??? .because is hard to go back home to do dv , it,s not guarantee .
Hope the best for everyone .

Thank u sm1smom , are your info based on cases u know ??? .because is hard to go back home to do dv , it,s not guarantee .

Winning does not clear you of any bans resulting from overstays, or being there illegally; and as sm1smom said you have to be in status - legal - to do AOS. This is in the instructions/FAQs.

I'm not sure about this ! But what about if you resend new forms and you ask for your interview to be conducted in canada?! You can perhaps easily go to do it there ! Because since you are illegal the AOS is no more a possibility for you ! Som1smom will perhaps tell if its a good idea? But in other side you have already indicated on the forms you sent to kcc that you overstayed certainly ! So that's gonna make your case more tougher...
Its just a suggestion so I'm really not saying its a 100% sollution!

Last edited by a moderator:

By this statement "are your info based on cases u know", are you asking if my response was based on cases or people I personally know about? The answer is no. However there are cases I've read about and I do have an idea of what the law says. One of the FAQs on the DV Lottery provides a broad overview of the possibility of not being able to do AOS:

28. I am already in the United States. If selected, may I adjust my status with USCIS?
Yes, provided you are otherwise eligible to adjust status under the terms of Section 245 of the INA, you may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status to permanent resident.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV-2015-Instructions-Translations/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf

Under Section 245(i), an undocumented immigrant, who did not enter the U.S. lawfully (that is, with inspection or permission by a U.S. government official) or who violated their immigration status (by taking unathourized employment for instance), may still be able to adjust status if they (amongst other things) have:

- a visa petition or labor certification that was submitted to either USCIS or the Department of Labor (as appropriate) on or before April 30, 2001, or

- a visa petition or labor certification that was filed between January 14, 1998 and April 30, 2001 AND they can also prove that you were physically present in the U.S. on December 21, 2000.

So, not knowing the full details of your status, I really cannot provide additional input with regards to your case. As a matter of fact, you should get in touch with a competent AILA immigration attorney.

I'm not sure about this ! But what about if you resend new forms and you ask for your interview to be conducted in canada?! You can perhaps easily go to do it there ! Because since you are illegal the AOS is no more a possibility for you ! Som1smom will perhaps tell if its a good idea? But in other side you have already indicated on the forms you sent to kcc that you overstayed certainly ! So that's gonna make your case more tougher...
Its just a suggestion so I'm really not saying its a 100% sollution!

Unfortunately, conducting the interview in Canada is out of the question for the OP, that I'm certain of. He/She's going to require a visa in order to go to Canada, and if he/she has no legal presence in the US, there's no way he/she can successfully apply for a Canadian visa.

Two, if the OP has accrued an illegal stay of 180 days in the US, he/she is subject to a 3 year ban, and an illegal presence of 365 days of more carries a 10 year ban, once the person steps out of the US. The ban can only be waived under certain circumstances.

Hello everybody.
Could you please list the required documents needed from Sudanese Nationals for the DV enterview.

شفت الناس ديل عملو شنو؟ الشهادة السودانية نقصت من 12 سنة لى 11 و كدة بقت ما بتنفع ..ما كفاية