• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

***!DV 2014 Selectee"s Report here!***

I dont understood this thing about de cut off...can you be so kind an help me? if posible I would like to know more or less when will be my interview?

Case No - DV2014AF00104XXX (applied for the the second time and got it !)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2013
Forms Sent To KCC - 16th May 2013
Received By KCC - 20th May 2013
Confirmation From KCC - 20th May 2012 DHL - T. Campbell
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - Miami

Thanks in advance for your help!

Your interview will be most likely around Aug - Sept, 2014. We would have a better understading of CN progression rate following the release of the VB of October/November 2013.

Your interview will be most likely around Aug - Sept, 2014. We would have a better understading of CN progression rate following the release of the VB of October/November 2013.

That means, my chance to get a visa are a quite low?

Thanks

That means, my chance to get a visa are a quite low?

Thanks

Your high case number means a lot of people will be interviewed and processed before you. At some point some limits could get hit such as the country cutoff (no one country allowed to receive more than 7% of the available visas) or they simply exhaust the quota of visas (50,000 excluding the NACARA allowance). So, you will not be scheduled for an interview until very late in the process and there is a chance that the process will stop before you get a visa. Previous years have seen the quota not being reached - so perhaps you will have a chance BUT if I were you I would enter DV2015 in November - just in case. In other words hope for the best, plan for the worst. Good luck!

But why they are selected 20% more than previously years if the quota of visas at the same level?

But why they are selected 20% more than previously years if the quota of visas at the same level?

That is a great question - but we don't really know the answer. In some years there have been second drawings (or perhaps the revealing of previously selected but as yet un-notified winners) so it is possible they were trying to avoid that second drawing for various reasons. Remember the 125k selectees are WAAAYY more than they need to fill 50k visas BUT there is a very high fallout rate (People that have tried to commit fraud, people that don't meet the educational/work experience requirements, or can't afford to relocate to the States and so on).

I agree wity you. But i think that fallout rate is simillar every year.

Agreed - so it is somewhat predictable that they needed more than 105k selectees (especially if they think more countries will hit the 7% single country cap).

Hello everyone, could you please consult me? my CN number is EU36XXX and I am from Moldova, since the VB is still current(33K) for August what are the real chances to get my case being processed?
There are people posting numbers higher than mine and they are still consulted that if they get lucky they will be called for an interview somewhere in 3rd quarter of 2014... But if the cut off on Sept 30th will be lower than their CN how can they be selected after it...

What is the email id from which KCC emails the confirmation for receiving of DS forms. I sent mine in May and haven't received anything yet.

May be its in SPAM folder . Can anyone give me the mail id to search for ?

What is the email id from which KCC emails the confirmation for receiving of DS forms. I sent mine in May and haven't received anything yet.

May be its in SPAM folder . Can anyone give me the mail id to search for ?

They don't send any confirmation of receipt of the form UNLESS you email and ask them to confirm it. They are busy at the moment so it would take several weeks to reply - and if you have a low number you may get your 2NL email faster than confirmation of receipt.

they sent mi this confirmation email,

They don't send any confirmation of receipt of the form UNLESS you email and ask them to confirm it. They are busy at the moment so it would take several weeks to reply - and if you have a low number you may get your 2NL email faster than confirmation of receipt.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

is this normal my case number is quite low EU000029** why are they saying "is pending further embassy review"??
Maybe something wrong with the forms??

Thanks,

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

is this normal my case number is quite low EU000029** why are they saying "is pending further embassy review"??
Maybe something wrong with the forms??

Thanks,

I don't think that means anything is wrong. It just means your forms will be processed further at the embassy.

I don't think that means anything is wrong. It just means your forms will be processed further at the embassy.

Hi Britsmon, thanks for the quick reply,

when do you think i will have interview?? November maybe?? I dont have the 2nd nl yet and i was wondering,

Thanks again,

Hi Britsmon, thanks for the quick reply,

when do you think i will have interview?? November maybe?? I dont have the 2nd nl yet and i was wondering,

Thanks again,

The cutoff for October has been announced at EU8000 - so they should be setting up an interview for you in October. You should receive the 2NL within a few days (by email).