• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

***!DV 2014 Selectee"s Report here!***

soory

This is a low number, even in DV-2013 we have numbers up to 106000. You should get a visa.

how you say when you have say this to another person : [/QUOTE EU selectee case number EU42XXX
Hello and congratulations to all who won!!
I am from Russia and found out that I won in DV Lottery, but my case number is pretty high (EU42XXX).
I have also current 3-year-lasting B1/B2 multivisa and possibilities of research position in the US by the end of 2013 on J1 (without 2year return rule) or H1b visa.
What will increase my chances of getting GreenCard? If I apply ASAP through Kentucky center being in Russia or if I apply for Adjustment of Status being in USA (being on B1/B2, or possible J1 or H1b visas)?

Thanks in advance
3rd May 2013, 01:27 PM #2 raevsky
Registered Users (C)
You have pretty high number and your chances are close to zero either way./QUOTE] now that i have the (EU44***) what i can think?

Yes, EU44xxx is high number and AF9xxxx is a low number, you are correct.

Hi raevsky,

I have read through a lot of posts but I still don't understand why you say that a EU44 has 0 chances. If in the visa bulletin EUROPE becomes current around June/July usually, then wouldn't that mean that all the selectees (including EU44 ones) are able to schedule an interview at that point? And surely 4 months is enough to get an interview at the consulate. Or am I missing something? I am EU38XXX from IT.

Cheers!

Hi

Hi everyone,

I'm an Australian who was lucky to have been selected. I also moved quickly & sent the required paperwork the following day after results were available.

Just a few questions...

- Does anyone know how long it takes for KCC to establish interview dates & with my below number do i have a good chance in obtaining one? Im hearing that its around October the same year but others seem to be late the following year..

- I didn't finish my High School education but have a Diploma & am in my final year of University, is that enough?

- I hear that its not a good idea to say having a partner in the states is a good idea when being interviewed by immigration. Any ideas why?

- Are showing financials necessary in the interview?

Case No - 2014OC00001XXX
Entry Checked - 1st May 2013
Forms Sent To KCC - 2nd May 2013
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Hi everyone,

I'm an Australian who was lucky to have been selected. I also moved quickly & sent the required paperwork the following day after results were available.

Just a few questions...

- Does anyone know how long it takes for KCC to establish interview dates & with my below number do i have a good chance in obtaining one? Im hearing that its around October the same year but others seem to be late the following year..

- I didn't finish my High School education but have a Diploma & am in my final year of University, is that enough?

- I hear that its not a good idea to say having a partner in the states is a good idea when being interviewed by immigration. Any ideas why?

Case No - 2014OC00001XXX
Entry Checked - 1st May 2013
Forms Sent To KCC - 2nd May 2013
Port of Entry - New York JFK

If they didn't change the rules, you need to have required education level at the time of application and it looks like it's not the case with you? What kind of diploma you have? Any work experience in the last 5 years that required 2 years of training?

Hi everyone,

Just a few questions...

You may have issues with your education. Some Australian's have been able to show a degree in place of high school, but you may have an issue with a diploma.

In 2012 there was one Australian who was rejected for not having year 12 but he had some form of diploma. The rules clearly state you must have finished 12 years of high school.

Low numbers start interview in October. Mine was in the low 500's and I was in January. Based on previous years you will be interviewed next year at least.

Sydney consulate does not usually require financials for interviews.

If they didn't change the rules, you need to have required education level at the time of application and it looks like it's not the case with you? What kind of diploma you have? Any work experience in the last 5 years that required 2 years of training?

I have a Diploma in Hospitality Management & am studying a Bachelor of Business majoring in HR. I have 2+ years experience within HR also so that puts me between a 6-7. I require at least a 7 to qualify for the 2+ years work experience so was hoping to fall back on my education.
Wouldnt a Diploma & a near complete degree over rule a high school education?

It's not a matter of "over ruling", its a legislative requirement to have either completed Year 12 or have 2 years experience in the last 5 years in a qualifying occupation.

I didn't finish year 12 but have 10 years experience in a qualifying occupation.

So not too sure how you will fare. A diploma almost certainly won't get you over the line (they specifically point out vocational study is not an acceptable substitute), the uni degree might just get you there.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got selected for DV2014. We are Australian.
I don't know why we applied in the first place, We do not want to live in America, Maybe we will keep the Green Card just in-case.

My wife got selected for DV2014. We are Australian.
I don't know why we applied in the first place, We do not want to live in America, Maybe we will keep the Green Card just in-case.
You can't just keep the green card. If you get it, you have some responsibilities. A green card is for those who want to LIVE and WORK in the United States. It's not meant to replace tourist visas. Once you get the card, you have to enter the United States within 6 months. You can't stay outside of the US for more than a year without obtaining a re-entry permit. Many people had problems at the point of entry for their absence from the US even if they were away for less than 1 year. Even if you live outside the United States, you need to file income tax returns (which means you have to pay taxes in the United States even for income you earn in your home country).

If you do not intend to live in the United States, there's no use in having the green card. They will revoke it if you don't follow the rules. Since you are a DV selectee, it's your right to pursue this opportunity. But there are so many other selectees from your region / country who REALLY want to live and work in the US permanently. You may be getting a green card that somebody else needs desperately. Please don't take offense. I'm just pointing out that you can't just get this card and keep it in your wallet as a "just in case I want to visit the US one day". The card is for permanent residence, which means that once you get it, you have to commit to living in the United States.

Selected From Asia
2014AS00019XXX

do you know why Asia 19XXX is high ? and Europe same number is low ?

You can't just keep the green card. If you get it, you have some responsibilities. A green card is for those who want to LIVE and WORK in the United States. It's not meant to replace tourist visas. Once you get the card, you have to enter the United States within 6 months. You can't stay outside of the US for more than a year without obtaining a re-entry permit. Many people had problems at the point of entry for their absence from the US even if they were away for less than 1 year. Even if you live outside the United States, you need to file income tax returns (which means you have to pay taxes in the United States even for income you earn in your home country).

If you do not intend to live in the United States, there's no use in having the green card. They will revoke it if you don't follow the rules. Since you are a DV selectee, it's your right to pursue this opportunity. But there are so many other selectees from your region / country who REALLY want to live and work in the US permanently. You may be getting a green card that somebody else needs desperately. Please don't take offense. I'm just pointing out that you can't just get this card and keep it in your wallet as a "just in case I want to visit the US one day". The card is for permanent residence, which means that once you get it, you have to commit to living in the United States.

Yes, absolutely true. There is a lot of misconception about getting a green card 'just in case'. Being a permanent resident means you are a permanent resident. Period. You need then to file a tax return with the US Internal Revenue Service, even if you live or visit for a few weeks during your first year. iRS is not a very nice administration to deal with, as any fiscal administration in many other countries. Then, if next time you show up at a Port of Entry, and an immigration officer finds out you are not living permanently, he can refuse to make you enter the country. You can face deportation proceedings. Not nice! Because of your immigration intent with your now-lost green card, they can bar you from entering the country for many years. And you may not even be eligible for non immigrant visas in the future.

Think twice before proceeding with your application. Is living in the US what you really want?

and this is probably because Asia takes a lot more other immigrant visas each year than Europe. That's one of the funding reasons of this diversity lottery: to increase a little bit the chance for under-represented immigrants. This new immigration bill is gonna change that by the way, by cancelling the DV program starting next year.

and this is probably because Asia takes a lot more other immigrant visas each year than Europe. That's one of the funding reasons of this diversity lottery: to increase a little bit the chance for under-represented immigrants. This new immigration bill is gonna change that by the way, by cancelling the DV program starting next year.
so what do you think are my chances to get an interview ?

Not necessarity. Even though this reform was Obama's promise for his term, it is very troublesome and not necessarily would become a law. Also, the fact that some time ago DV was not a part of the reform, does not mean it would never be

Hey guys!

I've read through the posts, however I'm still not very sure whether I'll be scheduled for an interview with a number like: 2014EU00034xxx.

When the cut-off becomes current, what does it mean? Is there still a chance?

Thank you