• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

***!DV 2014 Selectee"s Report here!***

hi,
i also apply for dv lotter 2014. but i haven't been selected. so, some one tell me still can i hope this lottery this year. i just saw some thread they will draw 2nd time couple moths later. last year also happened it and choose extra 10,000 winners. it's possible this year.
or other wise i hope apply dv lotter 2015.
wish you all the best winners. best luck for new life usa.

Hello to everyone and congrats to all he selectees for 2014!
I got selected also but my CN is I think too high EU000406xx. I am currently on a J1 visa and I have a question (I am so newbie). If I apply for the GC and I don't get even an interview will that mean I have violated my J1 visa rules and I might be denied a renewal? ( I don't have the 2 year rule)
Thanks

Hello to everyone and congrats to all he selectees for 2014!
I got selected also but my CN is I think too high EU000406xx. I am currently on a J1 visa and I have a question (I am so newbie). If I apply for the GC and I don't get even an interview will that mean I have violated my J1 visa rules and I might be denied a renewal? ( I don't have the 2 year rule)
Thanks

Congrats! :) Start reading the "DV 2014 AOS Only" thread and you'll get your answers. :)

Congrats to you all who got it!!!! I remember these days lat year when I got my result... Read everything on the threads and keep every single document's original and copies with you...

Selected from AF

Hi all,

I'm new on the boards. I was selected yesterday and my number is AF00008xxx charging to Tunisia.
I'm now in the process of preparing form DSP 122 and sending the $330. Since I'm in the US on H1B I'll be going through AOS once my number is current.

Congrats to all selectees and good luck with the process to come.

Hi! I won and I'm new in this, why is a AOS thread and not a CP one? I'm going to do everything in my country but I can't find to much info of the Consular process, my CN: SA00002xxx, and I'm going to send the forms and pics tomorrow to KCC.

Can you give me an approach of my dates (lol, I feel like in a fair with a witch)

Thanx!

Hi everyone!

I am selected after 5 years of trying. 3 years ago my roommate was selected and I picked up his notification letter from the mailbox, thinking it was mine. It was a bittersweet moment :)

my case number is 2014AS000059xx

Hi! I won and I'm new in this, why is a AOS thread and not a CP one? I'm going to do everything in my country but I can't find to much info of the Consular process, my CN: SA00002xxx, and I'm going to send the forms and pics tomorrow to KCC.

There are lots of CP-related threads but they are mostly for specific countries, or just specific questions about the process that could apply to anyone in any region. I haven't read much from South Americans - welcome to the board! If you like, you can create specific threads for SA or your country and others from there will join your thread. Better yet, just read the forum regularly and go back to older threads.

Can you give me an approach of my dates (lol, I feel like in a fair with a witch)

SA seems to be very close to dates for OC, so a case-number in the 2000s will be interviewed next year - maybe July or so. There is no hurry to get your forms off so quickly. Best not to rush in case you make a mistake. And sending it quick doesn't make your interview happen sooner. Good luck.

Number for July for Europe will be current, 31000 actually is current, because there are no open numbers in Europe higher than 31000.
That is not so easy to predict Oceania though.
Not only that. At this pointe there are no numbers higher than 30700 (cutoff 31000) in EU and higher than 1285 (cutoff 1300) in SA. So, because the cutoffs were already higher than that, SA and EU will be current in July. Maybe except Uzbekistan though.
All other regions are different - cutoff is lower than maximum number open. That is why it is much more difficult to predict

Last edited by a moderator:
needs help

Thanks for all this useful information,
My sister in law CN is 2014AS0008xxx, So How is the chances looks like, I was selected for DV2013 and I was scheduled for interview last month but I didn’t go since I got my GC through marriage.
My case was 2013AS0006xxx , so I hope that helps, so I am wondering if somebody can give me his opinion about my sister in law chances.

I got in, 2014OC00001xxx (hope thats properly censored). From New Zealand. Sending the documents currently.

I'm about to work on a cruise ship starting June 17th though and returning November, does anyone know if this will hurt my chances of getting the green card? I've got my mothers address down KCC to send the next letter to, so hopefully she can let me know the details and I can sort out payment and reschedualing the appointment if I need to, from away in the sea. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I biting off more than I can chew?

2014OC00001xxx is high right? So that'd be an interview later next year?

You lucky dog!!! Congrats on getting a slot!

If you are back on shore in November, you should be fine. OC moves very slowly. You should have 4 to 6 weeks notification of your interview. But do start gathering your data so it is close to your fingertips when you need it.

Congrats again!

I hope Africa becomes current. It's about time we got the ball rolling because we've been sitting on our backsides for almost two years lol

There are lots of CP-related threads but they are mostly for specific countries, or just specific questions about the process that could apply to anyone in any region. I haven't read much from South Americans - welcome to the board! If you like, you can create specific threads for SA or your country and others from there will join your thread. Better yet, just read the forum regularly and go back to older threads.

SA seems to be very close to dates for OC, so a case-number in the 2000s will be interviewed next year - maybe July or so. There is no hurry to get your forms off so quickly. Best not to rush in case you make a mistake. And sending it quick doesn't make your interview happen sooner. Good luck.

Thank you so much! I'm not sending the pappers today, I'll check them as many times i can!