• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Results being released in batches this time round.

leo_y

According to some forum members on various other forums, it appears that KCC is only releasing a certain amount of "winner notifications" this time round, and there is a theory that they are doing it orientated "regionally".

Majority of the winners that have come out are from the OCEANIC region. The fact that there were 125,000 selectee's swell, and so little people on the forums indicating they have won, is showing this.

According to some forum members on various other forums, it appears that KCC is only releasing a certain amount of "winner notifications" this time round, and there is a theory that they are doing it orientated "regionally".

Majority of the winners that have come out are from the OCEANIC region. The fact that there were 125,000 selectee's swell, and so little people on the forums indicating they have won, is showing this.

Interesting theory, I'd like it to be true, but it does not make sense to me, I'm afraid. I'm well aware of the potential for another group of winners in October I believe, but it makes no sense to stagger the results in batches because nobody would know when to check, and when they simply haven't been selected.

I'd like it to be true, but i already see 2014 winners from AFRICA. However i don´t saw any from Europe.

Interesting theory, I'd like it to be true, but it does not make sense to me, I'm afraid. I'm well aware of the potential for another group of winners in October I believe, but it makes no sense to stagger the results in batches because nobody would know when to check, and when they simply haven't been selected.

that guy may be correct that is why the creat forget comfirmation number link in there site 4 the firt time incase u lost it if u try it ur comfirmation number will pop out.let hope so

Last edited by a moderator:
Princedriss is right. The KCC doesn't select in batches. It does one draw and MAYBE a second draw later.

They will inform 90% of people on May 1st on selection.

Don't forget that there are people not on this forum that have been selected too.

DOS used to release winners in batches. About 50% of winners were hidden and some of them were open later on every year until DV-2013. However, it looks like things changed. Preliminary evidence shows DV-2014 is different, they released ALL possible winners (or almost all of them) on May 1st.

All possible winners have been released , even the october draw is just a lie, like the previous october 2012.

Yes, they were released in DV-2014. Which is not the case in previous lotteries. Look at my previous statement.
October 2012 draw is not a lie. Numbers between 27100 and 30500 (Europe) were released in October 2012

As you remember, in DV-2013 there were 33088 winners from Europe, according to visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_5715.html
However, EU numbers stop at the point around 30550-30700. That means even if there are no holes in the numbers (which is not true), still 33088 winners will not fit into 30700. So, it is obvious some numbers were hidden. If you look into my previous postst 2012-2013 you will see my estimate for the maximum numbers for all regions. I said it was ~56000 for Europe. Up to 31000 were open and the rest were hidden. In DV-2014 they decided to open all of them. Also, they eliminated all mentioning of second batch from official documents. Because all numbers are released this year, contrary to previous years.

I have also noticed the relatively high Case Numbers this year, especially in OC region (I am not from that region).
Could it be possible that they have released the high numbers this year due to some glitch or on purpose due to some rationale that is not obvious to me?
Congrulations to all the selectees.

This is not a glitch.
Also, they eliminated all mentioning of second batch from official documents
- this is what I wrote above. They did it just seconds before releasing results.

I have no idea about rationale, probably that is something legal. How come you are a winner according to official visa bulletin but are not aware that you are a winner?!

I am trying to understand the underlying reason for the high case numbers from EU and OC as compared to previous years.

not selected for now

Guys
Can you please help me here. I check my status and it says I'm not selected for now,must I keep checking my status or it's over? Please respond so that I don't keep my hopes I can just move on with life. In the midst of this disapointment God is good.:)

this year we have interesting case...

on our native polish forum, we have some selected people, but one year ago we had numbers 0xxxx, 1xxxx, 2xxxx and all equally distributed, and in second batch in October we had few from range 28xxx up to 31xxx

This year we have one selectee with number 6xxx , and all the rest have numbers : 3xxxx, 4xxxx, and 5xxxx, I can't see lower numbers...
here I noticed also many high numbers for EU... It is interesting, isn't it?

In order to see equally random distribution you need to have quite a few selectees. 2 or 3 will not be enough

In order to see equally random distribution you need to have quite a few selectees. 2 or 3 will not be enough

I know I know, I was talking about, hmm maybe 15-20 selectees, I know it is not enough for serious conclusion...Maybe it is just coincidence...but is somebody asked me what is the difference in terms of CN between dv2013 and dv2014 on Your forum I would say immediately : CN are much higher this year and can't see any low CN.

A lot of threads/questions on our native forum: "my CN is 4xxxx what am I supposed to do"