• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many thanks & much gratitude to all guys in this forum for your prompt contributions. I personally will like to give thumbs up to Jonge, Mush & Jorj.

I will like the input of the following:-

Is there any problem if you present to a CO a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) and a sworn affidavit of names that's more than 6 mths old frm the date of issue?

Lastly as regards a sworn affidavit of names, which one is mostly preferred by COs between one that originates & bears a seal of a registered & authorized commissioner for oaths or from a seal of any high court signed by a Magistrate.

Gidmog,

good to know that the forum has been of help. Concerning the Police Certificate and referring to 'U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas' 9 FAM 42.65 N3 VALIDITY OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATION FORM DS-230, APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION, OR FORM DS-260, ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION, "Supporting documents that are subject to change are valid for one year. This time limitation applies to Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, medical examinations, and police certificates from any country visited or inhabited subsequent to the previous clearances. It does not apply to a birth certificate or a third country clearance or police certificates from an area to which the alien has not returned since its issuance."
Concerning the affidavit, I personally think you should get one that bears a seal of a registered and authorized commissioner for oaths.

I hope this helps...if you are interested in the document I quoted from just google for U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas (8788.pdf)

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus..

Thanks Nicy, please upda
Have a blessed day,all the best to those who received the 2nd Letter,and for us back benchers be encouraged by the above verse.

Gdday to you all.
Thanks Nicy, please update your signature...

Many many thanks & much gratitude to all guys in this forum

I will like the input of the following:-

Is there any problem if you present to a CO a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) and a sworn affidavit of names that's more than 6 mths old frm the date of issue?
Aslong as it hasn't expired, I think it'll work although I heard they prefer one which is less than 6 mnths. I'd suggest just get a new one when your time comes, it'll cost yu only 1k.

Lastly as regards a sworn affidavit of names, which one is mostly preferred by COs between one that originates & bears a seal of a registered & authorized commissioner for oaths or from a seal of any high court signed by a Magistrate.
Both of them are ideal but from a commissioner of oaths is enough

Hope yu are doing great

hallo folks ,christabel thanks a lot my dear hop ya all doing great and to nicy welcome to the forum thanks a lot for the message i believe we will sail through we need to have faith and to believe .As we are waiting for our various dates of interviews i want to request folks in the house to pray for your host especially when you are going to sum1 whose not a family ,this issue was a hot potato in last year DV i believe we will remember our host in prayers to ,always remember that GOD loves you be blessed

Todays devotion

Hebrew 13;15-16

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Remember GOD loves you be blessed folks and your miracle is on your way

welcome back Arnold we miss ur contributions,hoping that u are now back in fully fury condition

Aleki,
The upcoming vb (June) in 2013 was 56,000 in 2012 Was current....in 2011 was 49,300.....So in 2014 what trend do you forecast? I think (personally) it could get to either 48,500 to 53,500....

Arnold

Hi Jonge,
Tks Buddy. Wishing you best of luck at the hands of a CO, coz this journey will & must come to an END soon or later.

Hope yu are doing great

I can't complain Jorj. Am doing good & tks for your input.

Hope we will be there, by AIR or SEA so let's stop complaining about the weather & minimum or maximum wage coz we're the chosen few lest the Omnipresent will cast a spell on us!!

Food is scary....True!! well your african food will be available if you live near west african shops, pakistani, indian or some Jamaican shops. In Europe some supermarkets had a world food section...you could get african, indian etc food stuff. Anyone who has come across this in US supermarkets???. Eating healthy is expensive abroad....especially what they call Organic.... You will mostly likely eat GMO and Corn/extracts made Products. You will just have to cope, gaining some weight is almost guaranteed unless your body metabolism is special...Just develop a body exercising routine....when you land there!!!

food here is not as bad...the chinese restaurants don't dissapoint;long as u don't go all out on high spiced foods, u'll definitely get typical kenyan flavoured foods. The Farmers market I saw EVERYTHING!!!EVERYTHING AFRICAN!!!be on the lookout for them, I can't really remember the prices tbh I'll make sure I be observant.I didnt see maize flour though, so for all ugali lovers, we are under duress here. All i was looking out for was kienyeji chicken (someone help me here whats the english name for that) and when I saw it, I just bagged it and rushed to the counter to pay for it.Twas chest, wings and drumsticks pieces of it, adding up to about 3kgs and it was going for about 11$. We ate it for 3 days.still there's some in the fridge for anyone who wants them.lol

Hey guys, sorry been abit mia. trying to focus on other things as well to make the time pass faster and it helps me feel the journey is slightly shorter. @Beth02 wow congrats you have made it to the other end!!May The Almighty be with you and your young ones
@Nairobba glad you had a detour in London, am jealous abit.
@Beth02 and Nairobba By the way how much were you charged for the flight and was it through IOM?

@Family2133 and DV2014 UG crew that met up for the farewell am touched at the solidarity may it be so with the rest of us in our countries.

To all the new members welcome and stay in touch

To the alumnis of DV2013 and DV2012 that drop by and give us advise like @Nickelly and the rest be blessed may God continue to open your doors and flood you with blessings in abundance.

By the way am also abit obsessed about weather simply because am already so used to hot and humid weather here in Mombasa, if I can get a similar weather the better but if not I shall get used to it. Lucky for me I hear Sandiego California has very good weather am buzzing!!!

LLDV2014(LongLiveDV2014group)

yeah London was awesome thanks good jealousy will make you want to do better and enjoy London more than I did.lol.. I went thro' IOM, cost me about 820USD (partitas correct me if am wrong I remember calling you and giving you the figure I paid, dont know if u still remember) It is the cheaper option. NOTE TO ALL: Economy class in all carriers are same;unless you are flying Business/ First class, it'd be wise to go the cheaper route, and save some money while at it

Mutu
We r left with 4 vbs surely expect huge jumps in the forth coming 2 vb's At least till 70,000....in July ...or am over Being optimistic....

Arnold

Kia...
Really we wish you abundant success in your forth coming interview.... I know you r still excited.... but as the days get close by reality sets in n I hope God gives you the much needed strength to face the CO...

Arnold

CN: 2014AF000085XX
1st NL: 10 MAY 2013
SENT FORMS TO KCC VIA Posta : 28 July 2013
CONFIRMATION AFTER I SENT AN EMAIL: 14TH JUNE
2nd NL: Nov 20th 2013
MEDICALS: 30th and 31st Jan 2013
INTERVIEW: successful (16th Jan)
POE: California
Live: Southfield ,Michigan

Mine is thank the almighty God for helping me to overcome the difficult , stressful and humiliation journey to be accepted to live in US and start the 5 years to be come citizen ,but i end up being a winner.Also thankful for those who encourage me Family123,Olelenke,Okellos,Partias and many more.
I started my Journey on 5th march through British airways( IOM) and arrive at Chicago then Detroit airport on 6th march pm and pm respectively (9 hours +)it cheaper and accurate in takeoff and landing.

I have applied for social security,my two daughters age 4 and 11 years have started schooling. Thank to my Host.I advice those already plan to immigrate to learn and start driving test use this link http://driving-tests.org/ start early Currently preparing for drivers test once i receive social security .

here in US Live is good ,beautiful,clean and discipline .Everything is to learning and do state exam.So far so good.

Good to hear that you had a safe flight especially with kids,you must be having a great host coz you have done alot in a short period most importantly having your kids on school ,all the best.

Great great idea. !i don't mind getting my hands dirty
For those already jetting out or have already done so. I have an idea that can keep you busy as you settle down and hustle for a job. (subject to state rules and laws apply) As you are allowed to start your own business (subject to rules and regulations) use Small Business Administration www.sba.gov for guidance...... I was thinking if you don't mind getting your hands dirty to get some cash as you job hunt or applying for college and stuff. If you have like 200 or so dollars, you can register a cleaning company....Research in your state if you can immediately do so when you receive your SSN. Start by designing a flyer using one of the free online design tools(here are a few samples.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cle...avygPPlYLADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=667).
Print them off from your hosts printer or have them professionally done for a few dollars. Advertise your services in local websites like www.craigslist.org under household services.... I think it should be free. Don't forget to include some offer on the prices etc....eg 25% off on the first job, this guys love a bargain!!!! you should see how the fight it out on BLACK FRIDAY.....just google black friday shopping and view the images.

By a second hand vacuum cleaner and some cleaning detergents. Start with your local community to distribute the flyers. Look up for house agents around your town/city drop the flyers with them. Ask them to give you a call when someone moves out of a condo, house etc. to go clean it up for the next tenant moving in. Look for areas where the pensioners/senior citizens leave, busy moms, professionals etc. Try local kindergartens but probably they may want a criminal background check on you first. If you don't get a call the first week don't despair make some more the following week repeat the same after a while at least a call will come through at some point...or buy the cleaning stuffs when calls start to come in.

Secondly with the spring/summer season kicking in some folks will love to see their gardens blooming with flowers, grass trimmed, hedges trimmed if they have some. If you are skilled in those areas from agriculture lessons in primary and secondary, then you can try them. I am sure you can rent a grass trimmer locally if you can't afford a second hand one. This jobs kept me busy during summer seasons as a student. Do some more research if interested as this will surely keep you off the sofa. I can confidently say I saw a friend of mine start by cleaning just one house and later on going to owning a cleaning company with 10 staffs with his own cleaning vans. It was not easy but they finally got there....Check if your earnings are taxable by your state..I think if you earned less than .....you might not have to pay tax but confirm. Once you get your day job remember to close down..... the company just let them know it is inactive.

Hope this may work out for someone here...:):):):)

setting things straight: If you are a single lady, btn 18-26 yrs, good looking (relative) from Kenya Uganda Tanzania Rwanda or Ethiopia with a visa at hand and hustling n wondering where t start, how to do things etc. pls do contact me. Its hightime we connected for sth more binding and special. Treat this message with the weight it deserves please. Am serious. send me a private message here, dont post on the forum

One of my greatest nightmares is the ability to cope not only with the weather and adaptation-FOOD IS SCARY (I love African dishes especially mine so badly)

you are so right. i think its also among my concerns. kwanza those extreme temperatures of coldness. Lord help us!!

Helpful testimony

I got this testimony fRoM a nigerian forum but for sure it can help those who got married after sending forms to KCC or those married after being selected.

" Carson2014: Wow...my dear forumites, I want to thank you once again for ur love and encouragement.

My interview details
Got to the embassy at exactly 6am. Was ushered into the main interview hall after all the necessry checks. At around 10.30 am, my number was flashed and I proceeded to be interviewed.

CO: Are U Ewuzie Iheanyichukwu?
Me: Yes ma'am
CO: what's ur highest qualification?
Me: I'm an Orthopaedic nurse
CO: that's good. Are you married , cos I saw a ring on ur finger you diid fingerprinting
Me: yes Ma'am...I am
CO: When did you get married?
Me: Last year October
CO: that was after U returned forms to KCC?
Me: Yes
CO: your documents are really nice, but we cannot permit you to travel alone since you re married. Go and get your wife prepared for another interview with you both. When all her documents re ready, send us a mail notifying us,and we will reschedule.
She then gave me a form which stated all the documents my wife needs to get prepred for the interview.

That's my short but memorable experience. I m going to get started with my wife now and I know God will give us the strength to get through this. For all yet to be interviewed, just go there with God. He never fails."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kia...
Really we wish you abundant success in your forth coming interview.... I know you r still excited.... but as the days get close by reality sets in n I hope God gives you the much needed strength to face the CO...

Arnold

Thanks A.N!
The excitement is still on, as you can imagine, and maybe it will cool off gradually. Ogamba ki?

Status
Not open for further replies.