• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
cert

Police Certificate:

Guys a Ugandan friend of mine is going for her Interview in mid May but she worked briefly in NAIROBI Kenya for 9 months does she need a to present police certificate from Nairobi Interpol to the CO?
She desperately is seeking an answer.

Arnold.

morning Arnold,
I think to be on the safe side your friend needs to get the police certificate,you never know if it may be needed.

Morning family, just wana wish you all a blessed week ahead :)
Those with interviews and medicals all the best, and you've passed already

Nicy- what of the 12 month rule?

morning Arnold,
I think to be on the safe side your friend needs to get the police certificate,you never know if it may be needed.

Nicky
There is that rule that if you are above 16 years... n have spent more than 12 months... in a foreign country... you need a CERTIFICATE..... she worked there for 9 months. Really u think its compulsory?

Arnold.

Hope you are all doing great!!

I have a friend of mine who has finished the DV process and collected her visa recently. She is currently 6 months pregnant and planning to travel before her due date. She is really worried about the medical coverage including the delivery cost, etc. Does any one know about the scheme and insuranc policy? Appreciate your feedback on this. Those already in the state, if you know anyone who had gone through the same exprience would be very helpful.

She needs to travel before the 7 months but with advice from a doc on her situation. Once she lands there and with all her docs in order she can register with obamacare and depending with the state she is going to, they will have a solution to it. Its a question of delivering a citizen and the hustle and bustle of settling in versus a green card baby at your comfort. It's all about her guts, and her host in US. I would urge her to go for it, the benefits outweighs the comfort at home.

12 mnths

Nicky
There is that rule that if you are above 16 years... n have spent more than 12 months... in a foreign country... you need a CERTIFICATE..... she worked there for 9 months. Really u think its compulsory?

Arnold.

Hi Arnold,
I remember I read that but I still think its better for her to have it.maybe we can get other forum mates opinion?

Hi yArnold,
I remember I read that but I still think its better for her to have it.maybe we can get other forum mates opinion?
Nicy
Yeah I have talked to her she worked in Tz not Nairobi (Kenya ). But its up for debate. I have advised her to call, the CO HELPLINE for further clarifications coz time is running out for her.
Thanks for your input.

Arnold.

Nicy
Yeah I have talked to her she worked in Tz not Nairobi (Kenya ). But its up for debate. I have advised her to call, the CO HELPLINE for further clarifications coz time is running out for her.
Thanks for your input.

Arnold.

You are welcome,glad to be of some assistance.i had a similar issue but for me I stayed in UG for 5yrs,now I have to get both ( UG & Kenya).

You are welcome,glad to be of some assistance.i had a similar issue but for me I stayed in UG for 5yrs,now I have to get both ( UG & Kenya).

OK
It's not really a challenge to get the Ugandan Certificate but the Tz is challenging coz they too have their own rules... n the way they want to make sure that that is known n.respected..

Arnold

Nicky

Arnold.

i think the rule is if u have spent more then 6 months

Regarding the police certificates, 9 FAM 42.65 NOTES (U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9) Section N1 (Basic Document Requirements) and sub-sections 2 and 3, it states:

INA 222(b) (8 U.S.C. 1202(b)) requires that an applicant applying for an immigrant visa (IV) submit the following documentation, if available:

(1) A valid unexpired passport or other suitable travel document (see 9 FAM 42.2);
(2) A copy of the police certificate for the country of nationality and country of the alien's residence at the time of visa application in which the applicant has resided for six months or more;
(3) A copy of police certificates for any other country in which the applicant has resided for one year or more;
(4) Certified copies of prison records, if applicable;
(5) Certified copies of military records; if applicable;
(6) A certified copy of the birth record;
(7) Other documents establishing relationship to spouse or children, if applicable; and
(8) Records or documents pertinent to the applicant's identity or visa classification with respect to visa eligibility.

I hope this helps...

Regarding the police certificates, 9 FAM 42.65 NOTES (U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9) Section N1 (Basic Document Requirements) and sub-sections 2 and 3, it states:

INA 222(b) (8 U.S.C. 1202(b)) requires that an applicant applying for an immigrant visa (IV) submit the following documentation, if available:

(1) A valid unexpired passport or other suitable travel document (see 9 FAM 42.2);
(2) A copy of the police certificate for the country of nationality and country of the alien's residence at the time of visa application in which the applicant has resided for six months or more;
(3) A copy of police certificates for any other country in which the applicant has resided for one year or more;
(7) Other documents establishing relationship to spouse or children, if applicable; and
(8) Records or documents pertinent to the applicant's identity or visa classification with respect to visa eligibility.

I hope this helps...

Jonge
Long time where have you been...? I think that says it all.
Thanks.
Arnold.

I hope this helps...

I could tell which post belongs to Jonge even before I read who posted!!! Does someone identify with me? He doesn't mix his words, lol! He simply quotes.

I could tell which post belongs to Jonge even before I read who posted!!! Does someone identify with me? He doesn't mix his words, lol! He simply quotes.

And we always appreciate his input.

Meanwhile
Arnold my man, tumekuacha ukichat solo.
how are yu?

Guys, do I need a yellow fever vaccine certificate before I travel? I have received the information about this requirement when its too late, I am leaving this Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo folks the thread is very quite are you guys tired with the wait or what? woow still keeping the fire burning ,lets always remember that God loves us be blessed folks

Today devotion

Hebrew 10;35-39

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

“For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”
But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Remember he loves you and your miracle is on your way

yellow fever cert......

Guys, do I need a yellow fever vaccine certificate before I travel? I have received the information about this requirement when its too late, I am leaving this Sunday.

Family,
that thing doesnt take long to acquire...you have to go the the KCCA Clinic in Kampala...hope you have had the previous documents showing the vaccination shots you received...for the kids as well. Its not that hard..
Arnold.

Status
Not open for further replies.