• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...think been out for long..have I missed the party?if not update me on date and venue!!!
Confirmed for Oklahoma big party
1.Skatche
2.Anold
3.Aleki
4.Ormania
5.Samolaniyi
6.JONGE
7.Utamaduni
8.Isaacus
9.Pose
10.Partitas
11.Nairobba
12.4Turya
13.Mutu14
14.Hamniwes
15.KaiaUG

hallo folks another day as we count the days left for the month of march to end ,lets all be patience and we all need to pray for a chance with the CO that i believe we shall all have come September .Olesh long tym how life over there ?for us we are doing good but we are growing old with the wait be its actually worth it ,folks remember God loves you and your miracle is on your way

Today Devotion

Romans 8:24-25

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Remember God loves you and your miracle is on your way

wow

hallo folks another day as we count the days left for the month of march to end ,lets all be patience and we all need to pray for a chance with the CO that i believe we shall all have come September .Olesh long tym how life over there ?for us we are doing good but we are growing old with the wait be its actually worth it ,folks remember God loves you and your miracle is on your way

Today Devotion

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Akelloh
Thanks all for this hope thing...facing the CO is one thing though getting the 2NL is what is next on the menu...then you shall be flagged off....

how are you doing mate is all ok in obamaland
Hi family 2014...I been quite a bit,,sorting issues here but am gaining traction...hope you well..not been able to read all the posts after Feb..Nairobba..where u at?Partitas,Family,Akelloh..and the whole family..thanks man..!!!am now able to check and will update myslef soon..cheers

Today Devotion

Thanks Akelloh for the message...yeah March is just 4 days away and the next VB less than 2 weeks away. Time friends, does fly. Lets not focus only on the 2NL but also plan for life after that. Save as much money as you can as we will need it.

Family safe journey and may the good lord be with you in your relocation remember God loves you and be blessed.

Todays devotion

Daniel10;19

And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

Thank you Akelloh, the Lord will lead my way. "God loves me and my family"

Greetings

Hi Akelloh...am good..tidying up my issues to get on track with job..etc,etc..have faith bro..all will go well..been lucky to have sorted all required SSN,DL etc within 1.5 months..am praying for you so as to part the atlantic and 'walk' through as Moses style!cheers..
how are you doing mate is all ok in obamaland

Hi all,

I have not been active on the forum so i guess the least I can do is post our experience.

My wife (Principle) and I applied as single in 2012 although engaged at the time. Got married in April, continued with life and forgot all about the DV application until someone from a cyber cafe sent my wife a message on facebook confirming if she is indeed emmy10 and if she could call his tel ASAP. She did, some time in the middle of may. We searched the net wondering if she should go alone, give it up or try our luck as married couples. In the middle of june we prepared the forms and sent to KCC without a marriage certificate because it had misspell on my names.

-July got my Birth Certificate names corrected (another misspell)
-July my wife gets copy of Birth Cert because she lost original
-Nov got passports renewed
-Same week got an affidavit for different names on ID and Birth cert,
-A week later returned my passport (more name issues) which was corrected
-My wife looses Birth Cert with Immigration stamp!
-January got Police Clearance for us both
-February 2 NL received
-Original Birth certificate for my wife is found (with no Stamp)
-Finally picked Wedding album from photo guys!
-March 2 weeks to interview messed my matatu strike; arrive at IOM 5 hours late literary the last guys to start medicals that day
-Paid for confidential results at NEC
-5 days to interview NEC never processed request since payment is 2,000 + 320 VAT
frantic- paid balance and crossed fingers
-4 days to interview, visited lawyer to notarize Birth certificates, KCSE cert and Marriage Certificate.
also to prepare affidavit for 4 different names on my Passports, ID, Birth certificate and Marriage Cert!
-1 day to interview print 85 pages of emails, facebook txts spanking 4 years; get bank statements for my wife; arrange receipts to show wedding payments and traveling (we lived apart for some time); printed photos before during and after marriage with friend and family; slept at 3 am

Interview day

-Woke up at 4.30 made sure all documents are packed and filed in sensible order
-Got Village market matatus, alighted at UN avenue
-at the US embassy gates at 6.30 and found the proverbial queue; women on one side men the other. carry your passport and 2 N.L to enter the first security gate.
-Queued for 20 minutes here; drizzled a bit; made joke about being rained on because no-one gets in without a thorough security check
-second queue inside the embassy gate (First gate) I is really cold here they have not exaggerated. If you have children dress them warmly then carry extra. Lady checks your appointment and okays you to a 3rd waiting queue. took 45 minutes to an hour.
-Enter a secure sealed room in batches of five (works like an air lock). Leave all electronic, metalic, CDs etc here. If you carry liquids you will be asked to take a sip! finally body screen and out in to the embassy grounds.

-Went in through the entrance (Looks just like a small bank lobby) at front desk asks for Letter and passports; Gives a small paper for applicant to feel details and queuing token. went bank outside in a nicish waiting area and wait for the token number to be called.

-wait for about 30 minutes: called to window 8 with a Foreign lady:
-Lady: Hi are you Ammy10
-Wife: Yes
-Lady: Is that your husband?
-lady:When did you get married:
-wife: After DV application before results were out
-Lady: Ever been outside Kenya
-Wife: No but husband has brrrrrrrr
-Lady: How long
-Wife: Brrrrrr
-Lady to me: type of visa and why
-me: brrrrrrrr
-Lady: Place your four fingers and then thumb for prints
- we do; she asks for: Copies and originals of: Birth, KCSE and marriage Certificates; then asks us if we read and understood the qualifications. She then asks we pay and bring back receipts. We pay in dollars (good idea and cheaper but be careful of fakes).
we are then asked to wait outside.
-Waited for 20 minutes then called for prints again. waited outside another 30-45 minutes
-Called at some window for interview.
-CO: Place your fingers to confirm prints again. (we do, Types into console for some time)
-CO: Swear that the information you have given is the truth ( wee do)
-CO: What did you do after high school?
-Wife: campus brrrrrr
-CO: How long di you know each other before marriage?
-Wife: brrrrrr
-CO: Sir what did you study in campus?
-me: brrrrrrr
-CO: ahhh like accounting?
-me: no like brrrrrrr (Typed some more)
-CO: Where do plan to stay if i grant you a visa
-Wife: With brrrrrrrrr in brrrrrr
-CO: (typed for some time smile for the first time) Congratulations, your Visa is granted!
-Wife: Thank you!
-CO: register at DHL separately, here is brrrr and make sure BRRRRRRR. she returned all documents except KCSE cert.

-The End -

Things i noted about the process

-use you original Birth certificate if possible (My wife's had no stamp from immigration and mine had a misspell and missing name
-Get an affidavit to show changes in spelling or name order etc
-notarize the documents they ask you to bring
-arrive earlier than scheduled (it will save you queuing time)
-the interview for DV applicants is straight forward do not lie
-convert your fees to dollars ahead of interview, it is cheaper and less bulky
-prepare all documents ahead of time and keep them safe

Hi all,

I have not been active on the forum so i guess the least I can do is post our experience.

My wife (Principle) and I applied as single in 2012 although engaged at the time. Got married in April, continued with life and forgot all about the DV application until someone from a cyber cafe sent my wife a message on facebook confirming if she is indeed emmy10 and if she could call his tel ASAP. She did, some time in the middle of may. We searched the net wondering if she should go alone, give it up or try our luck as married couples. In the middle of june we prepared the forms and sent to KCC without a marriage certificate because it had misspell on my names.

-February 2 NL received
-March 2 weeks to interview messed my matatu strike; arrive at IOM 5 hours late literary the last guys to start medicals that day
-5 days to interview NEC never processed request since payment is 2,000 + 320 VAT
-4 days to interview, visited lawyer to notarize Birth certificates, KCSE cert and Marriage Certificate.
also to prepare affidavit for 4 different names on my Passports, ID, Birth certificate and Marriage Cert!
-1 day to interview print 85 pages of emails, facebook txts spanking 4 years; get bank statements for my wife; arrange receipts to show wedding payments and traveling (we lived apart for some time); printed photos before during and after marriage with friend and family; slept at 3 am

Interview day

-at the US embassy gates at 6.30 and found the proverbial queue; women on one side men the other. carry your passport and 2 N.L to enter the first security gate.
-Queued for 20 minutes here; drizzled a bit; made joke about being rained on because no-one gets in without a thorough security check
-second queue inside the embassy gate (First gate) I is really cold here they have not exaggerated. If you have children dress them warmly then carry extra. Lady checks your appointment and okays you to a 3rd waiting queue. took 45 minutes to an hour.
-Enter a secure sealed room in batches of five (works like an air lock). Leave all electronic, metalic, CDs etc here. If you carry liquids you will be asked to take a sip! finally body screen and out in to the embassy grounds.

-Went in through the entrance (Looks just like a small bank lobby) at front desk asks for Letter and passports; Gives a small paper for applicant to feel details and queuing token. went bank outside in a nicish waiting area and wait for the token number to be called.

- we do; she asks for: Copies and originals of: Birth, KCSE and marriage Certificates; then asks us if we read and understood the qualifications. She then asks we pay and bring back receipts. We pay in dollars (good idea and cheaper but be careful of fakes).
-Waited for 20 minutes then called for prints again. waited outside another 30-45 minutes
-CO: Place your fingers to confirm prints again. (we do, Types into console for some time)
-CO: (typed for some time smile for the first time) Congratulations, your Visa is granted!
-CO: register at DHL separately, here is brrrr and make sure BRRRRRRR. she returned all documents except KCSE cert.

-The End -

-use you original Birth certificate if possible (My wife's had no stamp from immigration and mine had a misspell and missing name

Thanks Emmy10 for sharing...wish you all the best with the relocation to the States...

I could tell which post belongs to Jonge even before I read who posted!!! Does someone identify with me? He doesn't mix his words, lol! He simply quotes.

KiaUG,
I hope we shall c u @ the airport... this Sunday.... the flight is at 5pm.but to avoid any hitch these guys Shall be at the airport 12noon 3 hours b4 check in....
We shall miss Jonge he would have quoted a line or two... though the quotation above on police certificates is from 2010.
Arnold.

Hi all,

-February 2 NL received

Interview day

-The End -

thank u emmy 10 for sharing your experience... gud luck, and GOD bless both of u

Congrats emmy and goodluck in your relocation indeed God loves you and be blessed my dear sister ,for the rest of the folks who are waiting we need to be patient and wait for our miracle .olesh my faith is strong and i believe that all folks will pass their interview .Remember GOD LOVES YOU and be blessed house

Todays devotion

John 14:13-14

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Congrats emmy and goodluck in your relocation indeed God loves you and be blessed my dear sister ,for the rest of the folks who are waiting we need to be patient and wait for our miracle .olesh my faith is strong and i believe that all folks will pass their interview .Remember GOD LOVES YOU and be blessed house

Todays devotion

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

I like this devotion so much .., thank you priest Akelloh

Its been a blessing and i will forever be grateful for all the days we've shared 2gether

God declares in his holy bible that he fully and openly knows all the plans he has for us all. He continues to promise us all that he has a great plan to prosper us and give us hope with a beautiful future a head of us. From the bottom of my heart, i just want to say that its been a blessing that we have both shared this joy of 2014 DV experience and i believe that even from here to the United States, this love and friendship we've made from this E- family will continue to grow and live.

To all my friends and E- family, i just want to say THANK YOU to Mutu14, JONGE, KaiaUG, Family 2133, GITTA, MACU, ARNOLD NGANDA, akelloh, olelenku, NAIRROBA and many other more I haven’t mentioned, you guyz it has been nice knowing you all, and please this is not a good bye but we shall always be in connection with the dots any time from now. i ask you to grant us all your prayers and journey mercies as we set off on Sunday evening to start a new fresh chapter of life in the US
I fully have no doubts that each one of us on this forum will prosper and to all those who are preparing for their forth coming interviews in this month and those who are waiting for 2NL come what next month will receive it with joy and gladness.

That's my prayer

its been a blessing and i will forever be grateful for all the days we've shared 2gether

god declares in his holy bible that he fully and openly knows all the plans he has for us all. He continues to promise us all that he has a great plan to prosper us and give us hope with a beautiful future a head of us. From the bottom of my heart, i just want to say that its been a blessing that we have both shared this joy of 2014 dv experience and i believe that even from here to the united states, this love and friendship we've made from this e- family will continue to grow and live.

To all my friends and e- family, i just want to say thank you to mutu14, jonge, kaiaug, family 2133, gitta, macu, arnold nganda, akelloh, olelenku, nairroba and many other more i haven’t mentioned, you guyz it has been nice knowing you all, and please this is not a good bye but we shall always be in connection with the dots any time from now. I ask you to grant us all your prayers and journey mercies as we set off on sunday evening to start a new fresh chapter of life in the us
i fully have no doubts that each one of us on this forum will prosper and to all those who are preparing for their forth coming interviews in this month and those who are waiting for 2nl come what next month will receive it with joy and gladness.

That's my prayer

ameeeen, i wish u a safe journey brother, and may god guide your flight in jesus name.

Its been a blessing and i will forever be grateful for all the days we've shared 2gether

God declares in his holy bible that he fully and openly knows all the plans he has for us all. He continues to promise us all that he has a great plan to prosper us and give us hope with a beautiful future a head of us. From the bottom of my heart, i just want to say that its been a blessing that we have both shared this joy of 2014 DV experience and i believe that even from here to the United States, this love and friendship we've made from this E- family will continue to grow and live.

To all my friends and E- family, i just want to say THANK YOU to Mutu14, JONGE, KaiaUG, Family 2133, GITTA, MACU, ARNOLD NGANDA, akelloh, olelenku, NAIRROBA and many other more I haven’t mentioned, you guyz it has been nice knowing you all, and please this is not a good bye but we shall always be in connection with the dots any time from now. i ask you to grant us all your prayers and journey mercies as we set off on Sunday evening to start a new fresh chapter of life in the US
I fully have no doubts that each one of us on this forum will prosper and to all those who are preparing for their forth coming interviews in this month and those who are waiting for 2NL come what next month will receive it with joy and gladness.

That's my prayer

Wish u a safe trip to the States and Gods guidance in all u do.

Todays devotion

Thanks a lot Akelloh for the comforting message
Each time i log on to this forum first thing i wanna see is His word of hope.
May our Good God always grant u the wisdom for more as days pass by
Wishing Divine favour to those preparing for their interviews this month of April and those awaiting 2NL from the upcoming Visa Bulletin.
Nice Week end to y'all

4Turya
All the best n travel safely. We are here n we are waiting for our 2nl to acquire that chance to face the CO. Let's pray for each other coz the journey ahead has varying curves.
Arnold

Status
Not open for further replies.