• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about it, in fact all Uganda winners should see me off because I have done a great job to unite all of you. The day will be a Sunday, check in is between 1pm and 4pm, we shall set off from my home in Mutundwe Kampala at 1pm. But the plane departs at 5:40pm

let me hope u have told them about the contingent that is set to be in Ebbs to c u OFF?.....
Three Forumites are leaving;
4Turya,
Gitta
Family
... and we shall be at the Airport.....though u guys have to arrange a farewell dinner.....n all of u r skiving those plans...
Arnold.

Please do take time to read DV 2013 Forum

Hey Mushy... there's nothing pathetic with hope..... Hope will carry you regardless of the outcome of this journey. Hope will tell you if its God's plan to go to the US then eventually you will do. Plus there's no need to loose out hope on something you don't have control over, so instead leave it to God who has brought you this far. A while ago when i posted I had applied for the DV2015 you said you didn't because you trusted God to take you through this journey, and that challenged me quite a bit. Now don't loose hope in your God now....

:eek::eek::eek:
When you read the DV 2013 Forum you shall get all the answers....you shall c the Case numbers of 88 - 105 all being current in August and September....Please dont lose heart . Equally in the past forums they too had the same worries and fears please do take heart and follow those threads.
Arnold.

Farewell

All the best in your new life starting in a few hours....have a safe journey..Don't forget to bow at the queen...lol see you in A town...in a few months time...hopefully having perfected the American accent!!! cheers buddy.

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

Lawful permanent resident, which is what you are when you have a green card. As an LPR you can sponsor spouses and children to enter,. For an idea of current waiting times refer to the first section of the visa bulletin. It really would be easier if you married before your interview, is this not possible?

That can spell disaster for him, since they might deem it marriage for greencard purpose.
Which I think his not ready to take that chance by including her in his case.
If that was possible (including her in his case) it would be much easier than filing for her later on. Right?

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

just like that?wishing you a safe trip to your new home.Bon voyage.

We are in the same boat Sam, I have not seen any one heading to Oklahoma, the good thing many will visit Oklahoma for the party may be they will like it.
Did you receive your passport from DHL?

Yes Family,I have collected them,Charlotte loading 85%.............

That can spell disaster for him, since they might deem it marriage for greencard purpose.
Which I think his not ready to take that chance by including her in his case.
If that was possible (including her in his case) it would be much easier than filing for her later on. Right?

Well, I don't know the background. If they are in a real relationship and can show that with all the usual proof, it would be fine. I would expect they would come under just as much scrutiny if he marries someone living in another country a year or more after he gets his green card. In either case they will need to show it is a bona fide relationship.

But absolutely getting married so she also gets a green card at the interview will be way easier than filing later.

Norman-oklahoma

Mates, I have just read the newest member's details on the spreadsheet, and am happy to get a state mate:eek:. Nicy, specify the area of Oklahoma where you will be staying, we shall organize the party together. Myself I will be living in Edmond Oklahoma.

Hi Family2133,
Glad to have a state mate too.My host stays in Norman-Oklahoma.Will be happy to assist in Organising the party.
I was hoping to visit the Ug Embassy before end month so that I can know the whole details,since my CN is still far,il be able to prepare myself.Il let you know before you leave,so that you can hook me up with Kaia and the rest.thanx

Thnx

Welcome to the forum Nicy,

You should be fine with contacts in UG (KaiaUG and Co), so if need be that shouldn't be so hard to figure out what to do.

Hi Guriix,
Thank you..i have faith it wont be so hard,since I have my brothers and sisters(Kaia and Co) in the forum from Ug.thanx Guriix.

let me hope u have told them about the contingent that is set to be in Ebbs to c u OFF?.....
Three Forumites are leaving;
4Turya,
Gitta
Family2133
... and we shall be at the Airport.....though u guys have to arrange a farewell dinner.....n all of u r skiving those plans...
Arnold.

We shall be overjoyed if you see us off. About the Dinner, Mutu14 is preparing for us a luncheon. The dinner, I was with 4turya last Sunday we forgot to talk about it but we shall keep you posted.

well looks like u guys are already having snax n drinks....before we have even started....one other thing about the party ..the front benchers are preparing for the back benchers.....

coz really eye dont c some names on the list..
KIA-UG.....at 31xxx u are current as we speak.....
Arnold.

Yeah, I can also see the excitement about the party! Especially on the side of Family2133!! This guy seems to love parties, lol!
Yes, Arnold; am current as we speak/type! Just waiting for my 2NL.
Guys, I don't know if anyone knows about this but I was told that to get relatively cheaper flight rates, one needs to check the airline websites at midnight! But you can only pay by credit card around then so this leaves Mutu14 out, lol! I learned the trick from my 'prospective' host! Try it out and see...

Hi Family2133,
Glad to have a state mate too.My host stays in Norman-Oklahoma.Will be happy to assist in Organising the party.
I was hoping to visit the Ug Embassy before end month so that I can know the whole details,since my CN is still far,il be able to prepare myself.Il let you know before you leave,so that you can hook me up with Kaia and the rest.thanx

Norman is a good city, in 2010 it was among the top 10 small cities in USA whose residents enjoy low cost of living and high incomes, so you are in things. Where do you plan to get your apartment because after a few months you need to be independent with your own apartment and a car. I was planning to get an apartment in Nichols Hills but I was told that the place is for the billionaires so I lost that dream. I may consider Edmond itself or Norman then.
I also have a plan of moving to Texas after I have mastered life in US.
In case I am about to leave before you get your P.C, I will link you to one of the mates here who will help you out, we have a number of Ugandans here who are about to start the process of P.C, one of them is KaiaUg.
In box me your personal email address, we need to stay in contact because I hope you will join us very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can also see the excitement about the party! Especially on the side of Family2133!! This guy seems to love parties, lol!
Yes, Arnold; am current as we speak/type! Just waiting for my 2NL.
Guys, I don't know if anyone knows about this but I was told that to get relatively cheaper flight rates, one needs to check the airline websites at midnight! But you can only pay by credit card around then so this leaves Mutu14 out, lol! I learned the trick from my 'prospective' host! Try it out and see...

Kaia your time has come, I kept on telling you that you are coming where we are very soon. See you at the party atleast for you I will allow you to bring Stevo:)

I can see many winners heading to Atlanta, Oklahoma, Colorado and Texas any one heading to my destination Maryland or within DC? it seems as am alone here

family 2133, and welcome to the new forummate nicy... i have a similar issue, i used to study in india for 4 years, when i was selected, and read further instructions, i went in touch with indian embassy in nairobi, they replied 2 days ago, that i needed to contact indian embassy in kampala, for further informations regarding police certifficate, as i am burundian, and indian embassy for burundi is in kampala... can anyone from u.g help me out with this?? wanna keep options open... tnx

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo folks am happy with the warm welcom guys are showing to our newest member may God bless you all ,Gurixx umekimya sana hop ya doing great yeah patient mate and family all the best i can see you are really happy man woow remeber those early days really wonders and miracles are happening in this forum .i wanna wish all mates who will be having their interview this month a great success and always remember God loves you be blessed mates

Todays devotion

Hebrews 10:23

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

your miracle is on your way be blessed and GOD LOVES YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.