• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo folks am happy with the warm welcom guys are showing to our newest member may God bless you all ,Gurixx umekimya sana hop ya doing great yeah patient mate and family all the best i can see you are really happy man woow remeber those early days really wonders and miracles are happening in this forum .i wanna wish all mates who will be having their interview this month a great success and always remember God loves you be blessed mates

Todays devotion

Hebrews 10:23

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

your miracle is on your way be blessed and GOD LOVES YOU
Thanks Akelloh, patience and faith in God pays, I remember those days of sorrow and all I see now is a replacement with great happiness.

knowledge

Norman is a good city, in 2010 it was among the top 10 small cities in USA whose residents enjoy low cost of living and high incomes, so you are in things. Where do you plan to get your apartment because after a few months you need to be independent with your own apartment and a car. I was planning to get an apartment in Nichols Hills but I was told that the place is for the billionaires so I lost that dream. I may consider Edmond itself or Norman then.
I also have a plan of moving to Texas after I have mastered life in US.
In case I am about to leave before you get your P.C, I will link you to one of the mates here who will help you out, we have a number of Ugandans here who are about to start the process of P.C, one of them is KaiaUg.
In box me your personal email address, we need to stay in contact because I hope you will join us very soon.

Thank you so much for the good knowledge,i'm not sure where ill get my apartment not thought of that yet.i have jst received the below mail from the Ugandan Embassy,i guess I have to travel to Uganda.i think the best time to do that is wen,am almost current (like a month to being current)coz the Kenyan P.C expires after 6months and since its one of the below requirements,if I get it now it will be too early.i needed clarification on how long it takes to process the P.C in Uganda,it has not been specified..

Your email refers.

Below are the requirements. You will get it in Kampala

REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT
◾Four recent passport size photographs
◾Photocopies of Passport showing entry and exit from Uganda
◾Fingerprint Card of applicant from Kenya Police.
◾Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department , Kenya
◾Letter by the Applicant addressed to CID Headquarters Kampala, explaining why one needs the Certificate of Good Conduct
◾The Above should be submitted to CID Headquarters, Kampala

I hope this will help someone else...
God Bless

Thank you so much for the good knowledge,i'm not sure where ill get my apartment not thought of that yet.i have jst received the below mail from the Ugandan Embassy,i guess I have to travel to Uganda.i think the best time to do that is wen,am almost current (like a month to being current)coz the Kenyan P.C expires after 6months and since its one of the below requirements,if I get it now it will be too early.i needed clarification on how long it takes to process the P.C in Uganda,it has not been specified..

Your email refers.

Below are the requirements. You will get it in Kampala

REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT
◾Four recent passport size photographs
◾Photocopies of Passport showing entry and exit from Uganda
◾Fingerprint Card of applicant from Kenya Police.
◾Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department , Kenya
◾Letter by the Applicant addressed to CID Headquarters Kampala, explaining why one needs the Certificate of Good Conduct
◾The Above should be submitted to CID Headquarters, Kampala

I hope this will help someone else...
God Bless
True, you have to make this when your interview is nigh. I got mine after I had passed the medical examination (I did the examination one month before the interview), it took me 10 working days to obtain the certificate, that is if you pass through the normal procedure. The PC is obtained from Interpol Kololo, that's where you take everything and that's where you pick it from.
You go to Interpol, pick the assessment, go to Stanbic bank IPS along Parliamentary avenue and pay. Take the receipts back and then they will do the finger print vetting ( But in your case, this will be done in Kenya). After this, they give you 5 - 10 working days to pick your certificate.
The validity is 6 months but they start counting on the day you pick it.
Some one in Uganda will be here to help you. Tell me when you expect your interview so that I get to know which Uganda will still be there to help you , bcs Kaia is current she may leave soon.

Most warm cities in USA during winter
1.Miami, Florida
2.Tampa, Florida
3.Orlando, Florida
4.Los Angeles, California
5.Phoenix, Arizona
6.San Diego, California
7.Riverside, California
8.New Orleans, Louisiana
9.Jacksonville, Florida
10.Houston, Texas
11.San Antonio, Texas
12.Austin, Texas
13.San Francisco, California
14.San Jose, California

highest adjusted median household incomes, as computed from 2009 median household income and cost of living data.
1.Des Moines, Iowa
2.Washington-Arlington-Alexandria,
3.Worcester, Mass.
4.Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas
5.Ogden-Clearfield, Utah*
6.Colorado Springs, Colo.
7.Dallas-Plano-Irving, Texas
8.Madison, Wisc.*
9.Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
10.Raleigh-Cary, N.C.

Best cities for Jobs
1. Austine , Texas
2. Houston – Sugarland , Texas
3. Salt Lake city , Utah
4. Fort worth, Texas
5. San Jose, California
6. Dallas Plano, Texas
7. Raleigh, N.C
8. Pittsburgh. PA
9. Nashville, Tenn
10. Oklahoma city, Oklahoma

Because of the above 2 factors, I have every reason to conclude my decision to settle in Houston Texas, specifically in Sugarland-Bay town

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately PHoenix is among those most warm because I don't like snow and cold.

Most warm cities in USA during winter
1.Miami, Florida
2.Tampa, Florida
3.Orlando, Florida
4.Los Angeles, California
5.Phoenix, Arizona
6.San Diego, California
7.Riverside, California
8.New Orleans, Louisiana
9.Jacksonville, Florida
10.Houston, Texas
11.San Antonio, Texas
12.Austin, Texas
13.San Francisco, California
14.San Jose, California

highest adjusted median household incomes, as computed from 2009 median household income and cost of living data.
1.Des Moines, Iowa
2.Washington-Arlington-Alexandria,
3.Worcester, Mass.
4.Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas
5.Ogden-Clearfield, Utah*
6.Colorado Springs, Colo.
7.Dallas-Plano-Irving, Texas
8.Madison, Wisc.*
9.Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
10.Raleigh-Cary, N.C.

Because of the above 2 factors, I have every reason to conclude my decision to settle in Houston Texas, specifically in Sugarland-Bay town

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

Safe journey bro,all the best in your new life,we waiting for your expirience .

Fortunately PHoenix is among those most warm because I don't like snow and cold.

That is why Danny said that he likes the weather in Arizona. But you should also look at other factors like jobs and how much you save after they have adjusted your income according to the cost of living. At least Houston is shining on all lists. In general, places in Texas appear on most of the lists, this makes Texas one of the best states to consider when relocating USA.

warm states are mostly southern states or red states inlude Texas California Alabama Atlanta Tennessee Southcarolina Florida etc so for those to relocate in this yu will enjoy less or no snow periods prepared to but very hot and humid during summer unlike North, East coast or west coast .

inbox

True, you have to make this when your interview is nigh. I got mine after I had passed the medical examination (I did the examination one month before the interview), it took me 10 working days to obtain the certificate, that is if you pass through the normal procedure. The PC is obtained from Interpol Kololo, that's where you take everything and that's where you pick it from.
You go to Interpol, pick the assessment, go to Stanbic bank IPS along Parliamentary avenue and pay. Take the receipts back and then they will do the finger print vetting ( But in your case, this will be done in Kenya). After this, they give you 5 - 10 working days to pick your certificate.
The validity is 6 months but they start counting on the day you pick it.
Some one in Uganda will be here to help you. Tell me when you expect your interview so that I get to know which Uganda will still be there to help you , bcs Kaia is current she may leave soon.

thanx Family2133,
Did you get my message?please check your inbox

family 2133, and welcome to the new forummate nicy... i have a similar issue, i used to study in india for 4 years, when i was selected, and read further instructions, i went in touch with indian embassy in nairobi, they replied 2 days ago, that i needed to contact indian embassy in kampala, for further informations regarding police certifficate, as i am burundian, and indian embassy for burundi is in kampala... can anyone from u.g help me out with this?? wanna keep options open... tnx
Which country do you live in right now?, I am sure one of us in Uganda can help you out in case you need assistance. The way I have understood your case, you need 3 police certificates, Kenya, India and Burundi, right?
Please explain your case properly members are ready to give you advice.

We cant loose heart Arnold. I even thank God He made it come at the latter part of the year.... I believe we are going to be all current. Hopin Mushy got his hope back though:D:D

You re right and whatever I do, my last relocation will be Texas as it s not far from Arizona.
That is why Danny said that he likes the weather in Arizona. But you should also look at other factors like jobs and how much you save after they have adjusted your income according to the cost of living. At least Houston is shining on all lists. In general, places in Texas appear on most of the lists, this makes Texas one of the best states to consider when relocating USA.

Weather

Though most of us are running away from the cold and preferring the warm/sunshine weather some of this states suffer some severe weather too...Guys watch out for severe weather like wild twisters, crazy torrential rain, Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning, deadly storms etc. when choosing a city to live in.

warm states are mostly southern states or red states inlude Texas California Alabama Atlanta Tennessee Southcarolina Florida etc so for those to relocate in this yu will enjoy less or no snow periods prepared to but very hot and humid during summer unlike North, East coast or west coast .

Hope is there, was just disappointed because of slow moving VB, but now i know the best i can do is to be positive coz i know that i am gonna be current anyway

We cant loose heart Arnold. I even thank God He made it come at the latter part of the year.... I believe we are going to be all current. Hopin Mushy got his hope back though:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.