• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo folks ,nairobba all the best in your relocation hop you remain in touch with the house safe journey ,aimanda and the rest you will soon receive your 2nl .God bless you all.remember God loves you folks and your miracle is on your way be blessed house.NIcy welcome to the house of winners ,yes you need to get a police cert from UG and Kenya ,i think you can get from Uganda embassy if you tell them your situation plus the original school documents ,

Today devotion
John 14;1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God believe also in me.

REmeber God loves you be blessed house

thank u

hallo folks ,nairobba all the best in your relocation hop you remain in touch with the house safe journey ,aimanda and the rest you will soon receive your 2nl .God bless you all.remember God loves you folks and your miracle is on your way be blessed house.NIcy welcome to the house of winners ,yes you need to get a police cert from UG and Kenya ,i think you can get from Uganda embassy if you tell them your situation plus the original school documents ,

Today devotion
John 14;1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God believe also in me.

REmeber God loves you be blessed house

Thank you akelloh for your reply.Be Blessed..Nairobba ,all the best in your relocation

We are planning a wedding in 2015 with my fiancé. That means il have to come back next year for the wedding. Is it easier to relocate with your spouse to the US after the wedding? If not what are the challenges?

Heard it can take as long as 5years for her to get LPR status. So be prepared to spend looong period of times apart before she can finally join yu in US.

Hi forum mates,
My name is Nicy,and I hv been following the forum as a dormant member.I read something about the guy who lived and studied in India and Tanzania and he was asking about the police certificates.I think I have the same problem too,my CN is 2014AF***620*5,I'm a Kenyan,but I stayed in Uganda for 5years,while in school,i think my issue is the same as the one for india & Tz..what is your opinion?,,,can any Ugandan know if I can get the Police cert from the Ugandan Embassy in Kenya or Do I have to travel to Uganda?and how much and how long does it take to get the cert?

Thank you and God bless you all.

Welcome Nicy,
Maybe you can try by visiting Uganda's Embassy Nairobi and ask them if they can help with the certificate.

Any member(s) with more suggestion help our newest member.

Safari njema bro, all the best as you start life stateside. Share your experiences whenever you have time.

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

Hi forum mates,
My name is Nicy,and I hv been following the forum as a dormant member.I read something about the guy who lived and studied in India and Tanzania and he was asking about the police certificates.I think I have the same problem too,my CN is 2014AF***620*5,I'm a Kenyan,but I stayed in Uganda for 5years,while in school,i think my issue is the same as the one for india & Tz..what is your opinion?,,,can any Ugandan know if I can get the Police cert from the Ugandan Embassy in Kenya or Do I have to travel to Uganda?and how much and how long does it take to get the cert?

Welcome Nicy, please follow the link in my signature and fill your details in the last free row of the spreadsheet.
About the PC, I just think that you can get it from Ugandan embassy in Nairobi. There is a Ugandan who lived in Rwanda and so he needs a PC from Rwanda but he has been informed that he can get from Rwanda embassy in Uganda, so I think it may be the same story with the Ugandan embassy in Kenya. You need to visit the embassy of Uganda in Kenya and inquire.
If it is impossible and you need to get it directly from Uganda, inform us we Ugandans on this forum, we shall show you how to get it.

Hi Family2133,

Am around, just been crazy busy all over the place but i make a point to read and be up-todate on what's happening. Ready for the big move?

I know how work can keep us away from the forum, I was in the same situation some time back when I used to spend every week travelling all over Uganda. Its good to know that you are ok. I am raedy for the big move, I will leave the mother land on 30th March at 17:50 hrs using Qatar A.W.
I wish you the best as we wait for your turn.

Safe journey bro. Shalom shalom
Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

thank you jorj

Welcome Nicy,
Maybe you can try by visiting Uganda's Embassy Nairobi and ask them if they can help with the certificate.

Any member(s) with more suggestion help our newest member.

Thank you for the warm welcome Jorj,
Its jst afew hours since I joined the forum and I already feel at home.I Searched the Ugandan Embassy in Nairobi Online and got the contacts(phone),I called the embassy and enquired but the person said they could not help me in that office,instead i was given an alternative num,but its out of service,i guess I have to go there in person..

thanx Family2133

Welcome Nicy, please follow the link in my signature and fill your details in the last free row of the spreadsheet.
About the PC, I just think that you can get it from Ugandan embassy in Nairobi. There is a Ugandan who lived in Rwanda and so he needs a PC from Rwanda but he has been informed that he can get from Rwanda embassy in Uganda, so I think it may be the same story with the Ugandan embassy in Kenya. You need to visit the embassy of Uganda in Kenya and inquire.
If it is impossible and you need to get it directly from Uganda, inform us we Ugandans on this forum, we shall show you how to get it.

Thank you Family2133,
Thanx for the info about the PC,I'l hv to visit the Embassy and enquire more about procedure and whether I can get it from Kenya,il keep in touch and let you know what happens.i have followed the link but i'm not sure where you have told me to fill the details.

Cool man, keep us updated on how life is on the other side. Enjoy the ride and expect culture shock.

I know how work can keep us away from the forum, I was in the same situation some time back when I used to spend every week travelling all over Uganda. Its good to know that you are ok. I am raedy for the big move, I will leave the mother land on 30th March at 17:50 hrs using Qatar A.W.
I wish you the best as we wait for your turn.

Thank you Family2133,
Thanx for the info about the PC,I'l hv to visit the Embassy and enquire more about procedure and whether I can get it from Kenya,il keep in touch and let you know what happens.i have followed the link but i'm not sure where you have told me to fill the details.
You are welcome. I will be ready to help if at all you are to get it from Ug. and if I have not yet relocated ( I am leaving end of this month).
Follow the link and scroll down the spreadsheet, on the free line just below the last member who entered the information, click the edit button which is beside that line, answer the questions in the column headers.
Good luck.

Nicy is going to oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mates, I have just read the newest member's details on the spreadsheet, and am happy to get a state mate:eek:. Nicy, specify the area of Oklahoma where you will be staying, we shall organize the party together. Myself I will be living in Edmond Oklahoma.

Welcome to the forum Nicy,

You should be fine with contacts in UG (KaiaUG and Co), so if need be that shouldn't be so hard to figure out what to do.

Hi forum mates,

LPR = Lawful Permanent Resident. It means that if you stay 5 years in U.S. you get U.S. passport and become U.S. citizen. You don't need Green Card anymore.

Please explain to me what LPR status is.

Lawful permanent resident, which is what you are when you have a green card. As an LPR you can sponsor spouses and children to enter,. For an idea of current waiting times refer to the first section of the visa bulletin. It really would be easier if you married before your interview, is this not possible?

hmmm

Kale Family2133; ojja kufuna obuzibu! Forum mates, this simply means that he'll be in trouble!

well looks like u guys are already having snax n drinks....before we have even started....one other thing about the party ..the front benchers are preparing for the back benchers.....

coz really eye dont c some names on the list..
KIA-UG.....at 31xxx u are current as we speak.....
Arnold.

Status
Not open for further replies.