• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimanda7, the analysis below responds to your request yesterday
Number issued to Principal applicantsNumber issued to DerivativesTotal Number of visas Issued so farNumber Refused( Doesn't include derivatives)Number still on AP (Includes Derivatives)Number ready (Includes Derivatives)Transfers in progress

Thanks Aimanda7 for extracting the data. Is this only the Nairobi CO?

Thanks for the good work....cheers

Aimanda7, the analysis below responds to your request yesterday
Number issued to Principal applicantsNumber issued to DerivativesTotal Number of visas Issued so farNumber Refused( Doesn't include derivatives)Number still on AP (Includes Derivatives)Number ready (Includes Derivatives)Transfers in progress

Last edited by a moderator:
Duty Free

For Kenyans in the forum. Leaving abroad for over 2 years comes with some benefits. I don’t know about the other countries. The day you decide you are done leaving abroad. Do not sell your cherished personal effects and prized car(s). Simply put them in a container and ship them off to Kenya. You will clear your container DUTY FREE. I had the opportunity to do so last year. After finding out I was selected in the green card. Me and my wife decided to relocate back home spend some time with our families before flying out to US if successful. I had a month to plan so I went to a pal of mine who had a huge warehouse full of second hand stuff. I gave him a list of things I wanted and agreed on a one off price. For electrical stuff he did not have most of them so I bought them of Ebay.

I wanted to come with the car of my dreams but it was not possible. As you need to own the car for at least one year before qualifying for duty free status. There was this Indian/Kenyan car dealer who wanted to back date the car for me. After a small research online I found out that the Interpol had visited Kenya several months before and seized a couple of cars from UK that had been back dated on ownership. So I abandoned the process, no need to buy a car that will leave some heads turning and enjoy it for a week or so before being shipped back.

So if you have relatives living abroad as students etc. and are planning to relocate to Kenya. Let them know about duty free status. No need to return home with just 2 suite cases to start a new life.

I saved a lot off cash by doing this than coming home to buy new stuff. A 20 foot container can comfortably carry furniture and electrical for a 2 bedroom apartment, while a 5 bedroom house can fit in a 40 foot or a three bed house plus a saloon car. I managed to bring a 40 foot container, I am still struggling to fit in a 3 bedroom house; I have converted one room as a storage room. I managed to carry furniture’s and electrical for my in laws like sofas, dining tables etc. The kitchens so far I have viewed are kind of small lacking storage space so most of the kitchen stuff are in boxes.

NB
REMEMBER 99% OF YOUR ITEMS NEED TO LOOK USED the KRA guys may decide to charge you duty for everything in the container if they sense deceit. If it is new please remove the price tags and the packages. Some odd new things they may not bother you (unless the guy is looking for a bribe). if you can not pay duty they will auction everything in the container to the highest bidder. Some KRA officials at the port told us that we were not wise we qualified to bring a 40 foot container each as people abroad are known to have 2 houses. They said we could have sold the items in one container off after clearing it. I thought later this could easily have been my savings to relocate to US......there went my millions:mad::mad::mad:. You can have some double items etc as well...in the container like 2 sets of sofas, 2 fridges etc as long as you can convince them by telling them you had 2 houses etc. Even shipping like 4/5 tvs you can say each bedroom had a tv.( I am not promoting lying) but if it is true there you have it!!

For a car you have to own it more than 1 year before shipping. The car needs to be less than 7 years OLD. You might have to convince the Revenue officials that you are returning for good, You can do this by showing an offer letter for a job etc. Once in Kenya you cannot sell it off unless you pay duty for it. You cannot use the car for commercial purposes eg car rental, taxi etc. It cannot be a commercial car like a pick up. It is one person per car but if you are married you can both send a car each or you children are above driving age. It is a good way of buying your dad or mum a car. A friend of mine and his brother shipped a Mercedes and a BMW for the dad duty free. The dad is using them till today.

Every little helps….

hallo folks hop all is well holding on and waiting for the VB we hope that this tym round there will be a big jump praying for success for all going for the interviews may the lord God bless ya all including family who is relocating

remember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion

Proverbs 4:12

When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

God loves you be blessed folks

hallo folks hop all is well holding on and waiting for the VB we hope that this tym round there will be a big jump praying for success for all going for the interviews may the lord God bless ya all including family who is relocating

remember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion

Proverbs 4:12

When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

God loves you be blessed folks

Hey back-bencher mate...longtime...nice hearing from you. Thanks for the message and I hope for a big jump too. God bless you.

Hey back-bencher mate...longtime...nice hearing from you. Thanks for the message and I hope for a big jump too. God bless you.
...guys speaking about the big jump.....i swear i badly need it coz the way things are at the moment....though unlike last month am not seing anyone talking about it anymore...
Arnold.

That is normal, it means that they are working on your visas, whenever your file is being worked on, it has to indicate administrative processing even if they are printing and sticking the visas in the passports or when they are preparing the yellow envelopes for you. That is the normal trend for a successful interview i.e Ready - Administrative processing - Issued. Smile:)

Thank you family.I now understand

So sorry for those who missed their appointments due to the matatu strike. Good thing my friend made it and was granted a visa.

I am taking off from Kampala. I wanted to leave from Nairobi with Partitas' family but my sister who happens to be my host sabotaged my plans.
Am so happy for you family though your sis sabotaged our plans,but that is what's best for the kids,all the best and o believe we will see each other soon!

Good afternoon lovely people,I have finalized our booking with IOM online,we leave on sunday 30th march at11:35pm and arrive at Birmingham AL at 21:40pm on 31st march,our POE will Dallas Texas .I am to pay 273,320ksh for 2 adults and 2 kids under 11 which I don't have to pay immediately ,provided that I pay it 2 weeks before the the day of the flight,family 2133 seems like you guys will have the plane expirience before us haha!

am good mate how are you holding on backbenchers need to believe and trust that all will have their tym with the CO am happy for you mate if your are good ,hold on its just a matter of tym ,remember God loves you take care mate

hallo folks has any1 called KCC and confirmed the VB for the next bunch of folks expecting their interviews ,where are those folks who used to call the KCC ,i believe that this tym we will have a big jump .To those fellows leaving us and travelling soon i wish you all the best and just know that the journey has just started .Remember GOD loves you be bleesed folks

Todays devotion

2 Samuel 7:22

How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Remember GOD LOVES YOU BE BLESSED

I went straight to Qatar airways offices in Ug and we did everything right their, the payments, Ticketing, Hotel accomodation booking in Doha, Sitting arrangement Kampala to Doha and Doha to Chicago etc

my bro congrats!!the time to make the shift is juyst around the corner. Let me ask the offer from IOM did not work for you?Was it higher than the deal you got from Qatar? Am curious!

hallo folks has any1 called KCC and confirmed the VB for the next bunch of folks expecting their interviews ,where are those folks who used to call the KCC ,i believe that this tym we will have a big jump .To those fellows leaving us and travelling soon i wish you all the best and just know that the journey has just started .Remember GOD loves you be bleesed folks

Todays devotion

2 Samuel 7:22

How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Remember GOD LOVES YOU BE BLESSED

Amen thanks for the encouragement!!

THIS MY TESTIMONY/INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
After 13 years of playing the visa lottery, God finally answered our prayer. This present visa lottery process started in October 2012. I took my time to play for my brother, brother in law that was staying with us, my immediate brother fiancé, our housemaid and sister in law that does not have access to the internet. While playing for them, I was also very busy with work and did not play for myself, spouse and child until the last day 3rd November 2012 after a fierce complaint and nagging by my wife, I finally decide to enter the lottery at about7 hours to the close of the lottery.
On that faithful day, my internet modem was not available, so we had to go to the cyber café close to us around 8pm with my heavily pregnant wife. I had 1 passport each that was not the required specification by size for the three of us, so we took another picture at the café but all had heavy shadows at the background. The photographer tried every means to eliminate the shadow, but all to no avail. (Although the café is not a professional photographic studio, they only run a small passport photograph business). We had to resort to the passports I brought from home and resize to the 2*2 standard specifications.
Meanwhile, we were trying to eliminate shadows on the picture to no avail, my wife left in annoyance because it was really getting late. We also encountered difficulty in resizing the picture because we were not getting a very quality contrast.
In a nutshell, the time for the lottery to close was drawing by, and we had not uploaded any picture. It got to a point that I decided to upload it like that, giving up hope on being selected. Not knowing that at times our ways is not God’s way and he made everything beautiful in his time.
Out of all the entries that I sent, It was only my own that was selected for further processing. “The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone”.
THE INTERVIEW DAY
We could not sleep throughout the night; we got up by 3:10am, had our morning devotion, prepared the children for the journey and went through our document for the umpteenth time before we set out at 4:55am. We arrived the embassy at 5:20am, met a large crowd at the entrance. At 6:20am we were called at the 1st entrance for security scanning, went through the 2nd and 3rd security for scanning. As I was behind my wife, she was asked to press a button on the machine tag and got a number B404. Immediately we entered the embassy floor, our number flashed at window 22, where I paid N218,000 for 4 people, thereafter, I proceeded to window 20 where my number blinked, and I submitted all my document ( I had gone with a reference letter from my place of work and my offer and confirmation of appointment document, but were not requested for or collected from me.)
We sat down and waited for about 45mins before our number flashed at window 18 for our interview. An elderly American man was at the window to interview us. We stood up, went to the window smiling.
THE INTERVIEW
We: Good morning (smiling)
CO: Good morning (smiling)
CO: Raise up your right hand and swear that what you are going to say is nothing but the truth.
We: We swear blab la bla
CO: Can I do your finger print?
We: Yes, of course (Did our finger print)
CO: Who is Bla bla bla ?
Me: I
CO: Who is blab bla?
WIFE: I
CO: Who is blab la bla?
SON: (3 yrs old) shouted ME! Me! Me!
CO: Laughed and said, okay.
CO: Who is bla blab bla?
Wife: (at this time my 2nd son was fast asleep, my wife showed the CO, who said we should not wake him up.
CO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Bla bla bla
CO: Which school did you graduate?
Me: Bla blab la
CO: What course?
CO: How old is your two sons?
CO: Any other children apart from these two?
Me: No
CO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: No
CO: How old is your marriage?
CO: That’s all, Congratulations! Your visa has been approved. He brought out 2 white paper, circle where to collect the visa and explain how to pay USCIS fee.
That’s all o .It’s was God that did it for us. It’s the Lord’s doing and it is marvellous in our eyes.
N:B
Forumite, be calm, you will only be assess on what you filled on your DS and DSP forms. Many people were granted visa, singles, married, even couples without kid(s). All you need to do is to prepare your document well, be honest and above all pray well.
AKNOWLEDGEMENT
To God be the glory, honour, and adoration for the great thing he has done and greater things, he will do. He shares his glory with nobody.
My post is long already, so, I will not be able to mention names of my E-family that contributed to the success of our visa. Every members of this great forum are highly appreciated for their prayers, encouragement, fasting, advice, suggestions and above all, their love.
I pray that everyone that has been granted visa will have a smooth and safe journey to US, those that are current shall have a successful interview in Jesus name, and those that are waiting to be current will be blessed with the spirit of patience, speedy VB and get their 2NL in Jesus name. We on this forum will not be denied in Jesus name. sAmen…… Shalom.

congrats solomanyi!!!!

safe journey mercies to my sister Partitas and her family as well as Family 2133 as they embark on the last leg of prepping to start their journey on 31st March 2014.May our Creator be with you and help you start a new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.