• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY RELOCATION PREPARATION CHECKLIST, Help to remind me what is missing.
1.Bible
2.Bible study guide
3.Cold weather cloths
4.Tickets
5.Passports
6.Cloths
7.Chest X-Ray CDs
8.Immunisation cards
9. Academic papers, though they hold less value in US
10. Millet flour for my boys
11. Submit claim for for NSSF savings ( I have some $ here, though I will receive it after evidence of GC)
12. Marriage certificate
13. Birth certificates
14.Some Pocket money
15. My external hard drive
16. Photo Album

What about international DL /local DL for those that have? In some states I hear that buys one time.Like 3 months.

Hahhahaa, Skache, what are you talking about girl? H2O Mellon is one of the most expensive fruits in Ug and one of the most liked at least for most of Ugandans including myself, so she knows why I call her that name and she likes it so much, she does not like names like Honey, sweet heart, darling etc because every one uses them often. Good enough she is not a Kenyan.
Here it could be used to refer to an indecisive person /someone without a stand.

How can i change my P.O.E & my permanent address where my Green card will b sent after recieving my visa.

How can i change my P.O.E & my permanent address where my Green card will b sent after recieving my visa.
I ve the same problem as you , but the forum told me that you can do it on the interview day with the CO or at the POE , the POE depends on your air ticket

Gett,

Please add a signature to your comments that way we can get to help you better. Assuming that you're not yet current, you can either send update forms to KCC by courier or email indicating the change. Alternatively like Aimanda7 says you can have that changed at the embassy or your P.O.E. The P.O.E is the first port/airport in which you first set foot onto US territory. I hope this helps.

I told my wife that on top of being my H2O Mellon she is soon adding on another role as my personal barber , shame, she said that she can not take up the role unless she gets a prior training. What should I do and how can I train her surely? Advice

Family2133,

when I used to live in Europe in the early 2000's I used to do it myself. I went infront of a mirror, got the shaver with an adjustor and went about cutting my hair like I was combing it. It works provided you are not interested in the finer details.

They don't really care where the POE is, you don't need to change that. You do need to change the address, as others have said either at interview or POE is fine.

@Jonge welcome back!Or are you still in Zambia?We are still here trying to beat this time patiently.

Tell her she does not need to worry.....it is easy all you need to do for her is simple

-Buy her a hair cut kit like this one from Walmart or in the supermarkets in Kampala...I my self I have a similar one the same brand name.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/WAHL-Cord...b19&bucket_id=irsbucket013&findingMethod=p13n

-The good thing with this kind of trimmer is that it comes with many pieces... if you have let's say an Afro and want to maintain a certain length, then she may use like No. 16. She just needs to keep combing up wards and just trim.
-For very short hair she may use No.1 or No.2. The numbers are indicated on the pieces. The tricky part is the middle part of the head where the hair seems to be starting/ending from. She just needs to shave against the swirls will just brushing or combing using the small comb provided in the kit.
-Like my wife she uses No.1, as long as she is using one of the pieces the cut will always be even. No matter what she does she can not chop off a chunk of hair.(@ KaiaUG)
-If you want to shave a shinny head then she will not need the pieces, as they only help to maintain a certain length while trimming
-I have a cousin who came to my house and found me being shaved and decided to shave the husband. Within a minute or so she knew how to hold the shaver and it came out as if the guy had gone to a barber.....so Ladies be encouraged.
-Let her watch a couple of you tube videos on how to cut a black man's hair e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kew6kLczt0

Key points
-She just needs a steady hand if you want her to trim you hair outline & sideburns (http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/dgO7a8wznF8/hqdefault.jpg)
-To remember not to move the lever on the right side of the shaver using her thumb accidentally. It will change the trimming length.
-Remember to oil the machine and clean it frequently the tools came with the kit. Mine has served me for years without ever breaking down.

and that's all quick and simple...all the best to the future barbers......:):):)

Wow! Thanks for the post; sounds easy after all! Will give you guys an update once i try it out..

Tell her she does not need to worry.....it is easy all you need to do for her is simple

-Buy her a hair cut kit like this one from Walmart or in the supermarkets in Kampala...I my self I have a similar one the same brand name.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/WAHL-Cord...b19&bucket_id=irsbucket013&findingMethod=p13n

-The good thing with this kind of trimmer is that it comes with many pieces... if you have let's say an Afro and want to maintain a certain length, then she may use like No. 16. She just needs to keep combing up wards and just trim.
-For very short hair she may use No.1 or No.2. The numbers are indicated on the pieces. The tricky part is the middle part of the head where the hair seems to be starting/ending from. She just needs to shave against the swirls will just brushing or combing using the small comb provided in the kit.
-Like my wife she uses No.1, as long as she is using one of the pieces the cut will always be even. No matter what she does she can not chop off a chunk of hair.(@ KaiaUG)
-If you want to shave a shinny head then she will not need the pieces, as they only help to maintain a certain length while trimming
-I have a cousin who came to my house and found me being shaved and decided to shave the husband. Within a minute or so she knew how to hold the shaver and it came out as if the guy had gone to a barber.....so Ladies be encouraged.
-Let her watch a couple of you tube videos on how to cut a black man's hair e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kew6kLczt0

Key points
-She just needs a steady hand if you want her to trim you hair outline & sideburns (http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/dgO7a8wznF8/hqdefault.jpg)
-To remember not to move the lever on the right side of the shaver using her thumb accidentally. It will change the trimming length.
-Remember to oil the machine and clean it frequently the tools came with the kit. Mine has served me for years without ever breaking down.

and that's all quick and simple...all the best to the future barbers......:):):)

hmh!very interesting piece. I was told for a proper black man haircut, I'd have to go to the hood, and get a nice cut for 5$ or therebouts. Good thing I don't have to worry about that now, I'm bald. Plus I wouldn't trust my girl with a shaving equipment, she's a drunk.

@Jonge welcome back!Or are you still in Zambia?We are still here trying to beat this time patiently.

Hi Pose...am still in Zambia working and also counting down. Yeah we shall beat this TIME thing. February is done...a few more months to go. Hope you are well.

Yah!!!! that's true you need to go to the hood for a shave, hoping you don't live in a whites area only or the hood is miles and miles away. Shockingly majority of the whites have never touched a black persons hair that goes for white barbers too, especially if you go further from the main cities and into very small country towns. I was surprised when a few of my classmates wanted to touch my hair. The school was in the middle of a town full of whites alone. You walk down the streets you see a black person you quickly go and shake there hands and introduce you self......we were only 2 black boys in a college of 5000 plus students.

As Jonge has said just use a few mirrors and do it your self or get a Gillette razor works like magic on a bald head . About your gal.....:)

hmh!very interesting piece. I was told for a proper black man haircut, I'd have to go to the hood, and get a nice cut for 5$ or therebouts. Good thing I don't have to worry about that now, I'm bald. Plus I wouldn't trust my girl with a shaving equipment, she's a drunk.

Does the party include winners and derivative beneficiaries...as you may want to know the total number of guys coming. Hahaha Nairobba you want to do the dishes...that's kind of you but may be Family2133 kitchen will be equipped with a dish washer.....as he has a big family already

nairobba on the list...I'll clean your dishes after the guests have left.lol

Lol Nairobba wacha matusi does she drink 24/7 ?hehe!

congrats samolaniyi indeed its Gods works now prepare well for your relocation i wish you all the best may the almighty lord guide in your endeavors may success follow for to the states .Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Ephesians 1:11-12

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

Remember God loves you and wait for your miracles

It is almost a year since I last posted on the immigration forum. I must have been healing my broken heart after not being selected last year. Guess I am strong now and full of hope that this is my year. 2015 ima be selected IJN. And shall rise high the flag for all UG folks. H

Allow me to congratulate each and everyone of you for being selected and does granted visas hogera. Those on AP hang in there the visa is urs soon. I have always had the American dream and one day I know I shall waking up living that dream.

May the will of God take control as I walk down the journey of this dream. Dv2015 hopeful

Shabby.....ug

Status
Not open for further replies.