• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo mates hop ya all good wanna take this chance to thank all the folks who are preparing for their interviews this month and those who are have received their 2nl remember this journey the almighty father is with us so no need to worry GOD loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion
haggai 1;13
Then Haggai, the Lord’s messenger, spoke the Lord’s message to the people, saying, “I am with you, says the Lord.” So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God, .

remember God loves you be blessed folks
Indeed God loves us. Thanks for the morning spiritual food.

Dear Mates,let us brain storm on how a typical dv immigrant preparation checklist would be

very good discussion you are opening for us Family 2133,

Hi!

For interview?

Passport
1st and 2nd NL(and copies)
2 Passport pics (less than 6 months old) American pp size
Police Certificates for all places you lived at age 18 years of age and above and copies
Medical Certificates and copies?
Birth Certificates and copies
330$ for Visa
High School Certificate equivalent of your country and copies.(If qualifying with education)
Diploma /degree certs if any and copies

For preparing to do the big move! for a family/working person some points to look into would be:

This is gonna be quite challenging!!its limitless,

1.Confirm with IOM the best deals and best time to go after your interview. This helps save you $$$

2.Try accumulate and save at least $10,000 savings if going as a family especially. If as a single person the amount can be less. This will help out before one settles.

3. Establish and keep in close contact with host to ensure you are on the same wavelength about staying with them and helping you settle and get started.
4. Wind down whichever transactions/ affairs you need to before moving. Where applicable for affairs which cannot be wound down are ongoing, appoint a trusted person to overlook your affairs.

5. Depending on one's job get as much time to sort out what you will leave, logistics of where they shall be taken to, and also determine what you will be going with ESPECIALLY clothing for cold weather if you are going during Winter. Its cheaper to go with things here than buy there when you have to count every penny you spend.Keep in mind your LUGGAGE limit depending on the flight carrier.

6. Give sufficient notice of resignation to ensure you get your dues to the last penny and sufficient notice of vacating the house if the whole family is going with you to ensure you get your rent deposits.

7....the list is endless...

Its been a while since I posted. Hi guys. I know God has been proving himself faithful to y'all. He has been good to me. I managed to get an appointment at the embassy after my original one was cancelled due to evacuation exercises in South Sudan. Good thing I had a letter from my US employer giving the last date I was expected to get to work. The embassy granted me the visa expeditedly as a result and I made it back to the US and to work in good time. Pole Nairobba for your loss. Only God can give us the strength to believe that we have gone through such a hard time. I pray for His strength for you and your family. All the best to those heading here. Job advice: Think Big but be ready to start low. The good thing with the US is that even with the jobs that seem low scale you can survive until you get to the next job. God bless you guys. He is good and faithful.

Thanks for your kind words notes, Its not easy but with people like you and every other person in this forum dishing kind words of comfort, it gets easier to cope and try to get our footing as a family. Your words really are like a lifeline, we cling on to them and hope that God will provide us the comfort that only He can. I may come to philly to visit, I have friends there, if you can come around too it would be awesome.@@@

Partitas may be coming there, when are you leaving man?, has Olelenku left yet.

Hi Family, I'm going to reschedule to 12th, work complications over here are delaying me. I'm sending you my cell phone number, you can call partitas and give it to her and have her call me if she's coming over today. Olelenku left man, he's been there for about 2/3 weeks already!!When are you leaving yourself? booked your tickets as yet??@@

kindly assist

Hellos, am a selectee AF00065***, my issue is: what should i do since i entered dv lottery as married with my spous(without children) , and sent forms for both of us to KCC. Now we are seperated, and imight move to the interview alone. Guys kindly advice me on measures am supposed to undergo so as not to fail my interview!!!

Hi Family, I'm going to reschedule to 12th, work complications over here are delaying me. I'm sending you my cell phone number, you can call partitas and give it to her and have her call me if she's coming over today. Olelenku left man, he's been there for about 2/3 weeks already!!When are you leaving yourself? booked your tickets as yet??@@
Olelenku is not giving us any feed back. I am planning early April, still looking for tickets of 4 and extra $ to move with. How is IOM, we are 2 adults and 2 Kids all in 2-11yrs age category. IOM Uganda was damn expensive. I have not yet booked.
Let me send the number to Partitas.

very good discussion you are opening for us Family 2133,

Hi!

For interview?

Passport
1st and 2nd NL(and copies)
2 Passport pics (less than 6 months old) American pp size
Police Certificates for all places you lived at age 18 years of age and above and copies
Medical Certificates and copies?
Birth Certificates and copies
330$ for Visa
High School Certificate equivalent of your country and copies.(If qualifying with education)
Diploma /degree certs if any and copies

For preparing to do the big move! for a family/working person some points to look into would be:

This is gonna be quite challenging!!its limitless,

1.Confirm with IOM the best deals and best time to go after your interview. This helps save you $$$

2.Try accumulate and save at least $10,000 savings if going as a family especially. If as a single person the amount can be less. This will help out before one settles.

3. Establish and keep in close contact with host to ensure you are on the same wavelength about staying with them and helping you settle and get started.
4. Wind down whichever transactions/ affairs you need to before moving. Where applicable for affairs which cannot be wound down are ongoing, appoint a trusted person to overlook your affairs.

5. Depending on one's job get as much time to sort out what you will leave, logistics of where they shall be taken to, and also determine what you will be going with ESPECIALLY clothing for cold weather if you are going during Winter. Its cheaper to go with things here than buy there when you have to count every penny you spend.Keep in mind your LUGGAGE limit depending on the flight carrier.

6. Give sufficient notice of resignation to ensure you get your dues to the last penny and sufficient notice of vacating the house if the whole family is going with you to ensure you get your rent deposits.

7....the list is endless...
This is very good, thank you. It will help many for better preparations. Others can add on the list, because its hard for one person to exhaust the list.

Olelenku is not giving us any feed back. I am planning early April, still looking for tickets of 4 and extra $ to move with. How is IOM, we are 2 adults and 2 Kids all in 2-11yrs age category. IOM Uganda was damn expensive. I have not yet booked.
Let me send the number to Partitas.

Sorry Nairobba, you will die of bore dome today, Partitas is not coming there, she is doing the booking online, but I have sent her your number.

MY RELOCATION PREPARATION CHECKLIST, Help to remind me what is missing.
1.Bible
2.Bible study guide
3.Cold weather cloths
4.Tickets
5.Passports
6.Cloths
7.Chest X-Ray CDs
8.Immunisation cards
9. Academic papers, though they hold less value in US
10. Millet flour for my boys
11. Submit claim for for NSSF savings ( I have some $ here, though I will receive it after evidence of GC)
12. Marriage certificate
13. Birth certificates
14.Some Pocket money

Confirmed for Oklahoma big party
1.Skatche
2.Anold
3.Aleki
4.Ormania
5.Samolaniyi
6.JONGE
7.Utamaduni
8.Isaacus
9.Pose

1.Bible
2.Bible study guide
3.Cold weather cloths
4.Tickets
5.Passports
6.Cloths
7.Chest X-Ray CDs
8.Immunisation cards
11. Submit claim for for NSSF savings ( I have some $ here, though I will receive it after evidence of GC)
12. Marriage certificate
13. Birth certificates
14.Some Pocket money
15. An external Hard disk containing all your precious documents including Luganda songs and video (your kids will thank you so much for that) ;
16. some of your old pictures even those new you expect to take before leaving;

1.Bible
2.Bible study guide
3.Cold weather cloths
4.Tickets
5.Passports
6.Cloths
7.Chest X-Ray CDs
8.Immunisation cards
12. Marriage certificate
13. Birth certificates
14.Some Pocket money

Good one!yes bible/Quran very important!!

Remember the millet flour for your boys!It seems they love it!But remember to carry some for your host too!And a few goodies from back home if they are also from Uganda

15. An external Hard disk containing all your precious documents including Luganda songs and video (your kids will thank you so much for that) ;
16. some of your old pictures even those new you expect to take before leaving;
1.Bible
2.Bible study guide
3.Cold weather cloths
4.Tickets
5.Passports
6.Cloths
7.Chest X-Ray CDs
8.Immunisation cards
12. Marriage certificate
13. Birth certificates
14.Some Pocket money
15. My external hard drive
16. Photo Album

Good one!yes bible/Quran very important!!

Remember the millet flour for your boys!It seems they love it!But remember to carry some for your host too!And a few goodies from back home if they are also from Uganda
Thanks pose

My host likes G.nuts minted together with the silver fish ( Mukene), but I do not know whether they will pass the P.O.E, advices

Thanks pose

My host likes G.nuts minted together with the silver fish ( Mukene), but I do not know whether they will pass the P.O.E, advices

Just make sure that if you have any connection flights they are at least a couple of hours apart. The guys at the airport sometimes carry-out tests on those things and they won't let you go until the results a through. This is of-course if they have never seen them...

Status
Not open for further replies.