• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
PARTITAS, if I m not mistaken, you re the first female on the forum (Family2133 's wife is not included because she is represented by her hubby) so since now you re the QUEEN OF THE WINNERS and you deserve it.
lol they will all be successful!this will be the trend till September.

hello! please somebody help me, can i get my green card within one month of reaching the states?because i got 2 months visa and i need to write my final exam by MAY 5th i will be leaving for the state next week Tuesday.

Hi josephodibo
Yes and No...it really depends with i guess the state or work load(my on opinion) In Most cases the SSN arrives first ...for the green card its usually after 4 weeks. I would recommend paying for the green card as soon as you land.
Option 2- If you trust your host you can leave immediately after entry...and when it arrives at her/his address they can forward it to you via DHL...You don't need the green card to exit the country just your passport.
Hope this helps your situation!!!

hello! please somebody help me, can i get my green card within one month of reaching the states?because i got 2 months visa and i need to write my final exam by MAY 5th i will be leaving for the state next week Tuesday.

Thanks for the daily...bread. I always look forward to reading them

hallo folks hop ya all good its good to hear from guys lyk Godia its been along time hop ya good bro and to folks who are getting ready to relocate all the best and for those backbencher our tym will come lets have each one of us in prayers,Dnny hope ya case ends soon you will always be in our prayers

Today devotion

Isiah 40;31

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint .

Remember GOD loves you be blessed folks

What an inspiring narration worth the toast of champagne in the air!!!..."cheers to you, your family and the E-family"...I wish you and your family all the best as you prepare for departure...May all be well with you when you reach. may you and your family enjoy and live the AMERICAN DREAM.....I am sure the kids will love it there....!!! God bless

MY INTERVIEW EXPIRIENCE

I didn't sleep the night before my interview and so I watched tv till 3.00am in the morning then woke up my family for 'breakfast' and preparations,after that we said a short prayer and left the house at exactly 5.00 am,gettin into the taxi,my husband realizes that he had left the folder with necessary docs and had the least important![so I wasn't the only nervous person]dashed back an got it and we proceeded.We got at embassy at 5;40 am and found four people at the gate but by the time the guards opened we were so many!
We lined up as per our genders and I was the first lady since the ladies I got there had no kids,went through the first security check where they were so friendly,they asked for passports and the appointment letter and a body check for anything dangerous even the kids.We proceeded to the second security check where we waited for 10 min then handed appoint letter pps and the lady ticked our names and I realized that our names were last on that list but then thought it doesn't matter since we were second to get in.Went through the second security check where we left the cds from IOM and our switched off phones and we were given a tag to collect them later, I placed my handbag contain keys coin and kids snack in basin passed thru the check and it was handed back to me [was happy coz I thought they would not allows]
We got to the reception at around 6;30 where we found a Kenyan lady ,handed pps and appointment letter and we were given a number then she handed the passports and remained with appointment letter,I was to wait inside and my hubby outside hehe.around 20 min later,we were called to window 5 by a very nice Cushitic lady who asked for our passports, kcse cert,birth certs,marriage cert,all with copies,police cert original only and recent photos then handed the photos we sent to kcc back,we waited until 7:30 for the cashier to open then paid 1320$ ,gave the receipt to the lady at window 5 and now we had to wait outside[thank God coz my lastborn had started her craziness].
we were outside for around 30 min then we were called to window 8 where the lady took our fingerprints and we sat waiting for our interview.by this time I was taking the gal to the washroom for the 4th time all for nothing!lucky enough the security lady told them to play with the toys near window 1[It was a relief]actual interviews began starting with non immigrants and was surprised that only 2 guys were denied [ I was sitted near the windows I could overhear almost everything]!it was a long wait and the kids had started getting crazy and shouting knowing very well I couldn't hit them it felt like a whole year!
Finally it was time for the immagrants at window 6 and I was hopeful of getting over with the interview and go home,to my surprise!ALL THE PEOPLE that came after me had their interviews before me !!I took nairobbas title and became a wairess x 10!the kids fell asleep and there were few people remaining,just when I was dozing off, my name was called at window 6!!
co:[smiling ]how are you
us:fine thank you
CO:sorry that you had to wait for so long that the babies fell asleep,are they twins?
US;No,they are 3 and 2 years
CO:raise your right hands just a bit and don't drop the kids! and swear that all the infor you have given is true
us:we swear so
Co:So partitas what did you do after high school?
me:did a short course,worked for a year then went back to college.
Co:so,are you still in college/
me:yes I am.
CO:what are you studying?
Me:accounts
CO:are these your only children?
US:yes they are the only ones
Co:if I approve your visas,where would you go in America?
us:birmingham,alabama
Co;who lives there?
us:my .......
CO:congratulations !visa approved !
us:thank you very much[I wonder where all the sleep run to]
we were given a green sheet explaining how to register with DHl and how to pay the USCIS fee
CO;register with DHL and you will collect your visas after 5 to 7days
me:can someonepay the uscis fee on behalf?
CO;Yes there is no problem.
us;[smiling]thanks again
CO;welcome to America!!

we left with our sleeping kids feeling so good but by the time we were collecting our phones,the kids were seriously awake![sensed the happiness]
I thank God so much for he has been faithful,i couldn't wait to turn 18 and start entering the lottery,i did it 4 years and I started to give up,this was the 5th time but it was done by husband while he was entering his,he checked his on first may but he wasn't selected,in our mind we thought if he was all that educated and didn't get selected how could I?i don't know what pushed him to check my entry 3 weeks later and God had done it!!
I thank you my E family for your prayers and because from the knowledge I got from this forum the interview was too easy !!
Almost every lottery winner had their visas approved except for one Kenyan lady who did not include her son while entering the lottery but came with the son for the interview.there was also a Ugandan lady who entered the lottery as single but she was married with 2 kids!her husband was asked if he entered himself as single and he said yes,the only good thin is that he too had filled his kids and they sent forms to kcc as married,however they landed on AP ,the lady was told to request for a confidential result from UNEB sent to the embassy since her case was like of FAMILY 2133.....

All i know Dannyden is that you're greatly loved by God and highly favored by all his mercies. Everything will be alright. May God richly bless you and may he reward you for being faithful to him. Let him take his part in your battle but the bottom line will be favoring you. Take care
My status updated today, still on AP. That means they're working on my case.

No problem with that. All you need is to keep tracking your accounts progress to whether your way bill number has been delivered.
My status updated today, still on AP. That means they're working on my case.

Thanks, I have registered with DHL but the problem is, I created an account for my wife who is the principal applicant and added the 2 children within her account , However, when I wanted to add my self on the same account, it failed so what I did , I created a separate account for my self but using the same case number and same DHL location as for the wife's account. Won't this cause any errors in delivery or pick of the passports at DHL because its my wife to pick them up.

Mohaa

Congragulation sis partitas. for those of us who are waiting the interview let us hope for a positive outcome by the grace of God. mates let us keep the thread alive! we are all in the same boat and waiting game is still on.

our driving permits

true arnold i also joined a driving school last week nway am also working on my birth cet

Aleki,
Now am more interested in the Driving Permit bit - Are our driving permits acceptable in the States?
Coz i do expect us to do a test(driving) in the States before we get to drive there. My permit expired and am set to renew it say in April but i hadn't really gotten down to acknowledge its relevance...
Arnold

Hi mates
very interesting topic over here Pose and thanks for such a brilliant idea.
I too i have not started to learn how to drive and my host said i need to know it and even get a drivers license before i leave because its pretty expensive over there.
Christabel,
I do agree with you 100% - lets use this time to get all the facts and ready ourselves such that when the CO is done nothing other than is taken for granted.
Arnold.

wel said jonge am trying to save as hard as i can, but just to ask anybody with info will my medical degree be accepted it the US?

I know a person who had done med here, he had to go to school for a few years before he could be certified to practice. He is now doing his masters in med.

congratulations partitas, its good to learn yu fall under my category of family based,and i wonder how many we are in this forum and was yua hubby asked any questions.

Medix

I know a person who had done med here, he had to go to school for a few years before he could be certified to practice. He is now doing his masters in med.

Aleki,
Of course you shall find your prior knowledge very much of use - especially when you get to work - though what i have heard is that in the States you have to also do college in their system.... meaning that you shall have to re-take some exams there to be certified. However its not much different from what you have done. So those Exams shall be a walk in the park for you. You already have the answers at your fingertips.
Arnold.

Aleki,
Now am more interested in the Driving Permit bit - Are our driving permits acceptable in the States?
Coz i do expect us to do a test(driving) in the States before we get to drive there. My permit expired and am set to renew it say in April but i hadn't really gotten down to acknowledge its relevance...
Arnold

Hey Aleki and Arnold!

I had replied but I guess the internet is not that reliable :cool:. I am of the understanding that if you have a valid DL then you just need to go somewhere, I stand corrected but I think its the DMV and you take the written(theory) test and also a practical one. But you go for the practical after you have arranged with your host to give you a few lessons on how they drive there. So that you don't go fail the test.:eek:. You can imagine going to your host, no knowledge of driving, no DL- its abit more tough to get the know how. Hope that helps

Congrats to Partitas!!!Now start looking out for the best deals in terms of flight and the best time as well. Dont forget the tips we have been given, have enough time in changing of flights so you are not left with your change over flight hehe or be left because your luggage is still being inspected.

that is great to hear he is now doing his masters!!!it means things are going well for him!

Aleki,
Arnold

Oh btw Arnold I once read in a thread here that you can get an international DL with most of the driving schools nowadays but many prefer AA. It is valid for three months on the other side.

hallo mates hop ya all good, wee continue praising the lord as we continue we our journey praying for our mate daNny who is still under AP i believe all will turn well for you bro keep the faith mate ,as for those waiting for the bulletin and think they feel that its will soon be their turn may the lord turn that to reality ,wishing you all the best ,Family are you there

Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion
PROVERBS 3;6

in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Remember God loves you be blessed

Status
Not open for further replies.