• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
DV 2014 SELECTEES Forum, You truly worked hard, I deserved it, and we have all got it! Please accept my wonderful sincere recognitions for all your efforts and encouragement.

If golden Oscars were given for a job well done, I'd nominate our DV 2014 SELECTEES forum! I just want to say thank you for fantastic advice and support. It has been amazing today. Congratulations for all your good work done.

It's been a pleasure to work with the entire forum mates who knows how to make a friendly and inspiring encouraging environment. I'm really glad that this Visa will not only grant me a permanent residence in the US but it will also encourage all those whom we have been together in this whole process of waiting and sleepless nights. It’s a great next step for all our brothers and sisters in the forth coming DV 2015 and to all MY fellow colleagues in DV 2014 who are about to sit for their next interviews.

All your dedications, enthusiasm and insights for the twelve months I have been with you on this forum have been rewarding and really inspiring. I wish you all many years of great Visa success!

I sincerely believe that we’re all destined to make it big, though some of us we don’t just know it. DV 2014 SELECTEES forum, there's no one who has worked as hard as you have in the last twelve month. You truly deserve this recognition and today your efforts have paid off for me. May you continue to spread our lottery wings? Congrats!

By 5:50am early this morning, I was already at the main gate of the United States Embassy at gigiri. There was a long line but slowly by slowly I managed to make it at the security checking point. I was asked to present my appointment letter and my passport which I did and processed to be checked. We were directed to continue to the second checking point were our names were checked from the register to see whether it’s true our appointment was today. I had to proceed to waiting place where they were allowing only 4 people to enter in at the reception. This whole process took like 10 minutes which include handing over all our electronics, given the numbers and directed to proceed to the main counter. We had to proceed to the main building and I was told to enter inside. Inside this building, I was given awaiting number and I was told to present my appointment letter. I sent out in this coldness to keep on waiting until my waiting number is read.

After almost like twenty minutes of serious waiting, I had this machine reading my number which was C406 to proceed to window six. When I reached at window six, I was told to present my academic certificates, my birth certificate, my police certificate and two passports to the counter. After presenting all these documents in copies, this young lady gave me a receipt and she told me to proceed to the next cashier’s window for my visa fee payments. I paid 330 US.D and I was given a receipt to take it back to window six. After presenting my payment receipt, I was told to go back outside in that coldness to keep on waiting until my number is read again.

I waited for another 20 minutes until I had this machine pronouncing my number. I rushed immediately to window eight were I meant this white lady who told me to put first my left fingers for fingerprinting. I also had to put my right and finally my two thumbs which were all fingerprinted. I was again told to go back outside in that coldness to wait for my final call for my interviews

This time around, it never took ten minutes before I had my name pronounced to go inside at window nine. I was first told to swear whether all the information I presented on my forms was true which I did and she told me to sign down on that paper.

CO: Are you called Turyahebwa Ivan
ME: Yes am called Turyahebwa Ivan
CO: Where are you going to stay in the United States?
ME: Am going to stay at my auntie’s place
CO: Where does she stay?
ME: Massachusetts
CO: How long has she been there?
ME: Close to twelve years now
CO: When did you graduate?
ME: In December, 15th 2011

After those few questions, she carefully started looking through all my academic certificates, birth certificate and my police certificate which she later returned all of them back to me. After receiving them all, she looked at me with that big smile on her face and she told me that congratulations. My visa has been approved and granted. I couldn’t hide my excitement in front of her and I also decided to thank her for the good job done. She looked back to me and wished me a nice stay in the states.

I received both two letters, one congratulating me upon being given a visa and how I should apply using DHL for its delivery and another one showing my Alien registration number and all the procedures I have to go through to pay their USCIS immigrant’s fees before I leave to the states.

The rest is history and I give the glory back to God

Congratulations 4turya,all the best in your new life

appreciation

First of all I say thank u to d most high God for making today a success he got there even b4 me thank u lord, and my appreciation also goes out to all d forum members,mutu14, family, partitas, olalenku, nairobba, skache, vladel5, jonge, gurix, 4turya,and d rest that I forgot to mention there names u are all sited. Prayer dey work o.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to 4Turya and Feyisayo, thanks for sharing your experiences. Much appreciated.

Thanks dear and please forgive me because i couldn't get back to you immediately because i was some how busy registering with DHL. So for medicals, i paid 19063ksh and for my visa i paid 330US.D. For the medical i took only three shots instead of five.The other two i had i had already took them
I'm Dv lottery winner from Rwanda, C.N 2014AF00030xxx. And would like to ask you how much you have payed from Medicals to interview.

hallo folks its good to read the experiences here it gives us courage and motivates us to face the CO ,WOOW congratulations once again for the success to all folks yesterday ,remember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion
Hebrew 6;13-15

The Certainty of God’s Promise

When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

Exactly. After waiting for so long God never forgot Abraham. He still remember him after all years. Its a blessing that we serve a mighty God who doesn't forget. Here people can forget but is faithful. He knows each one of us and all we need to do is to learn how to patiently wait on to him. Thanks akelloh for your morning devotion. Be blessed
hallo folks its good to read the experiences here it gives us courage and motivates us to face the CO ,WOOW congratulations once again for the success to all folks yesterday ,remember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion
Hebrew 6;13-15

When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

I got d embassy few min to 6am we were all lined up and they startd calln us in after so much search by d security we were usherd in to d main palace. Our number were calld after d other wen it remain 1 step to my number I startd feeln sharky bt I said a lil prayer and I was calld
C.O : goodmorning
Me: goodmorning madam with a smile.
C.O do u promise to say d truth and ntn bt d truth
Me : I promise
C.O: what kinda of work do u do here in nigeria
Me: am a driver
C.O private or company
Me: private
C.O congratulation ur visa is granted
So I startd smilin and she gave me where to up my visa. That's it so simple I thank God o

Man that was so easy and simple one. Am happy for you Cheers!

Today devotion
Hebrew 6;13-15

Amen...God bless you and have an awesome day

Exactly. After waiting for so long God never forgot Abraham. He still remember him after all years. Its a blessing that we serve a mighty God who doesn't forget. Here people can forget but is faithful. He knows each one of us and all we need to do is to learn how to patiently wait on to him. Thanks akelloh for your morning devotion. Be blessed
Yes no matter how long , God can not forget His own. He knows everyone here and He receives our prayers. Personally I have a belief that even if I do not eventually get this visa things will only get better for me and family considering the prayers I have forwarded and the prayers of you mates. I do believe again that whoever will make it to US, will meet me there at a certain time ''t'' at point ''x'' though am not sure of the coordinates.:eek:. Guys let us not forget our mates here, we want to keep this relationship forever, I hope you agree with me.

akelloh thanks a great deal for these very storng and powerful daily devotionals. They are our spiritual bread. That name Abraham rings a bell. God is a promise keeper and fullfiller whatever He has said to do He will do, He only requires trust and faith from us.

Today devotion
Hebrew 6;13-15

Family i vehemently agree with you; let this be forever guys.
Yes no matter how long , God can not forget His own. He knows everyone here and He receives our prayers. Personally I have a belief that even if I do not eventually get this visa things will only get better for me and family considering the prayers I have forwarded and the prayers of you mates. I do believe again that whoever will make it to US, will meet me there at a certain time ''t'' at point ''x'' though am not sure of the coordinates.:eek:. Guys let us not forget our mates here, we want to keep this relationship forever, I hope you agree with me.

2014af00038xxx

He works in a way we can cannot see that He knows everyone of us by names and above all God will always accomplish what He has started, congratulation guys for yua success interviews and the rest of us hold tight! so God help us to wait Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.