• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@griffin bro dont worry bro its will soon come to past bro let jst pray and leave it to God almighty then!!!
Tyt and Griffin, stay put knowing that you stand a chance and your miracle is on the way. Looking back at the total DV visas issued since 2009 to 2013, you stand a chance. They have never hit the total 55,000 and even 50,000 except last year where they issued slightly over 51000. That means they will have a lot of unused visas but then again the rules have been relaxed so more people are being granted visas than previous years. We'll keep remembering you in prayer but do know that you stand a good chance.

Reactions: tyt
Thanks Ben,thats very resourceful!@ kim,i was @ the same position like you, went for interview on 6th Aug without wife,'s COGC,was told it must reach them before end of Aug as my visa number was sloted for Aug.I was able to beat that deadline,though il always take it as a miracle.Eventualy God intervened.Have faith,i will be praying with you.
You are welcome Prince John.

@benk thank u verymuch, we still have the faith ,we knw and believed it will soon come to past...

Hi Guys sorry I have been out of circulation for a while...back to work and it has been hectic...hope you are all well.

My friend... I suggest u call the embassy right away and ask about ur case. I was in ur step shoes 11days ago. I had my interview done and granted a visa. But to my surprise my case was showing Ready.
I called them, and they said that there were no visa number available. But when I called them the second time? My case was showing issued in less than 2hours
So if u gave all ur documents and ur visa is approved. Please call them. Hope this will help. Gud luck
Thanks Brice. I did talk with the embassy and they said that they were waiting for a visa no to be assigned. They will hold onto our passports but they also said they cannot guarantee anything. We are hopeful that we shall be successful. The problem occured when we went from July to August without the visa being issued.

Hey guys, I have been following the thread on the Oklahoma party. I do not mean to be rude but the honest truth is that this party might never materialize and if it does it might be some time before it happens. Reason no. 1 is because when you all come to the US, you will quickly realize that people do not socialize like they do in Kenya - meeting over a cup of tea or some nyama choma and kadhalika. People get buried with work and tight schedules that the last thing you will be thinking of is how to organize a party. Eventually you might do after you settle down and are no longer "being hosted" by someone but until then, might be a good idea to celebrate while you are in Kenya and you have the time and resources to do so. All in all a party can be arranged but not with the ease that is being discussed hear. Anyone listening?????
ben k you are absolutely 100% right,am in states now 4 months down the line, n a party is the last thing one can think of now,coz you realize that you need to settle down first since you cannot be hosted for so long, once you settle down then one can think of a party, though here its about hard work, but I believe once in a while its good to have fun,coz without it one can go crazy, its really hectic

congratulation sammie ,may the gud Lord guide u to ur new jouney bro, see u in the state soon...God blessed...
Last night I mentioned you in my PRAYERS and I requested the Almighty God through his Son Jesus Christ to INTERVENE in your case.(TYT,GRIFFINS and others whose cases have not been resolved).We serve a God of Miracles and wonders.

Last edited:
Thanks Brice. I did talk with the embassy and they said that they were waiting for a visa no to be assigned. They will hold onto our passports but they also said they cannot guarantee anything. We are hopeful that we shall be successful. The problem occured when we went from July to August without the visa being issued.
Last night I mentioned you in my PRAYERS and I requested the Almighty God through his Son Jesus Christ to INTERVENE in your case.(TYT,GRIFFINS and others whose cases have not been resolved).We serve a God of Miracles and wonders

A certain friend of mine called me last night,he lives in Missouri.He was discouraging me from going to Maryland."Life is rily hard in Baltimore,you can hardly get a job,a house.....pay stubs are also poor.African immigrants are actualy migrating from Maryland to missouri.Come to where i am,you will easily get a job and a good life bla bla bla,then i asked him"would you lend me some small amount of cash that i will refund once i am settled,regardless of the figure?"He replied"eeeh you know between this month and Dec pple here in America are usualy very broke bla bla.***end of call***then i wondered.....is there a state in America where life is that easy? i have a good host in Maryland,my very own uncle,so who will host me and my family in Missouri even if its a 'paradise'?The know- it- all types but will hardly do anything to help.

A certain friend of mine called me last night,he lives in Missouri.He was discouraging me from going to Maryland."Life is rily hard in Baltimore,you can hardly get a job,a house.....pay stubs are also poor.African immigrants are actualy migrating from Maryland to missouri.Come to where i am,you will easily get a job and a good life bla bla bla,then i asked him"would you lend me some small amount of cash that i will refund once i am settled,regardless of the figure?"He replied"eeeh you know between this month and Dec pple here in America are usualy very broke bla bla.***end of call***then i wondered.....is there a state in America where life is that easy? i have a good host in Maryland,my very own uncle,so who will host me and my family in Missouri even if its a 'paradise'?The know- it- all types but will hardly do anything to help.

If you have a host willing to help you get on your feet that is better than a "paradise" that no-one will help you in. Different people like different things. You may decide to move at some stage but for now I would suggest you stick to your original plan and see how it goes.

@ sammie,the missing doc reached embassy on 12th oct,visas were issued on 14th,picked on them on 20th.That should be 3 working days after ceac data showed issued.

hi guys, am sorry have missed in action for a while now, have been so busy with preparations for my journey which is tomorrow, thank u guys for being so good friends and keep being the same way, i'll let u know how the place is though am sure u've heard enough, thanks again n may u be blessd, Prince John pliz communicate to me........ jorj acha kunyamaza

My case(2015af000004**) is current but never received the 2NL.After UNLOCKING and resubmitting,the confirmation showed the DS was submitted on 21-08-2014.The previous DS were submitted on 19-05-2014 and the others on 11-07-2014.My question is,Which dates are they going to consider for the 2NL since am yet to receive the invite.

Safe Journe
hi guys, am sorry have missed in action for a while now, have been so busy with preparations for my journey which is tomorrow, thank u guys for being so good friends and keep being the same way, i'll let u know how the place is though am sure u've heard enough, thanks again n may u be blessd, Prince John pliz communicate to me........ jorj acha kunyamaza[/QUOTE Safe Journey sir