• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@SusieQQQ thanks for your reply. i have a friend who was the DV applicant winner and her husband was in the army. She passed the interview though her husband who serves in the army was told to clear, resign from the army first for him to receive his visa so that meant she got hers together with their kids visas first and he had to produce the documents to show he'd cleared to get his visa. He did so very quickly and he got his visa but afterwards. So that's why i was asking.

Did this person attend the interview with his military records? I doubt he did, and that's probably what they asked him to go get. The embassy will never ask anyone to resign from their job, sell their homes or make major changes in their life prior to being issued with a visa. Never! There's got to be more to this story.

Hi mates according to previous years the VB showed current in sept. Does it mean that even those with high cn like 100*** need to be interview or they are not included. Please can some one help explain especially britsimon. Thanks
What CURRENT means is that they (KCC) think that they have sufficient visas for the remaining people. They could however be wrong but their errors if any are expected to be at a minimum. Just my two cents here...

Did this person attend the interview with his military records? I doubt he did, and that's probably what they asked him to go get. The embassy will never ask anyone to resign from their job, sell their homes or make major changes in their life prior to being issued with a visa. Never! There's got to be more to this story.

Ooooh i think he didn't attend the interview with his military records. Then that's why. Thanks for clarifying that @Sm1smom. So in other words both parties the Dv applicant winner and husband had to carry both of their work records.

Ooooh i think he didn't attend the interview with his military records. Then that's why. Thanks for clarifying that @Sm1smom. So in other words both parties the Dv applicant winner and husband had to carry both of their work records.

No, both the principal applicant and derivative spouse do not need to carry their work records. However, if either or both have ever served in the military, they are required to attend the interview with their military record(s).

GURIX,
Help me out on this one. My Birth Certificate has 4 names. However i use three names - My Surname, Family Name and Christian Name.(ALSO USED ON THE DV) On my Certificates my Family Name is initialed - For my Degree - I was advised to used fewer characters. - Meaning that i used only my Surname and Christian name. Is this bound to cause an issue at the CO? Then when facing the CO - was it raised as a point of concern?

Get an affidavit, i did that..all name orders.birth,ksce,college,id/passport are all different

ALEKI n TERMINATOR
Congratulations on your conquests. God is surely pouring blessings upon us. I appreciate that we have been patient. Lets us tie up those final strings.

BACK BENCHERS,
I know its one of those things that we do take for granted - But please lets tie up those loose strings. The VB is out next week - say in the next 7 days we shall be in the know.....Little did i know that i still have lots of loose strings to tie up - keeping here and reading what you guys are posting.....i finally do get to realized that we can't take things for granted.
Arnold.

@SusieQQQ thanks for your reply. i have a friend who was the DV applicant winner and her husband was in the army. She passed the interview though her husband who serves in the army was told to clear, resign from the army first for him to receive his visa so that meant she got hers together with their kids visas first and he had to produce the documents to show he'd cleared to get his visa. He did so very quickly and he got his visa but afterwards. So that's why i was asking.

Ah - I see where you are coming from. I think that by law they cannot issue an immigrant visa to someone who is a member of another country's military - but if this is the case you would wait for them to tell you everything else is OK with the application, and you just need to do this to get the visa. You would not want to resign your jobs etc and then find out it is one of the unfortunate cases where there is a disqualification on other grounds for the visa.

If AOS is gonna become a mandatory thing, then I might be in hot soup

Did not say AOS was mandatory... just that they wanted proof you won't be a public charge. I get the impression financial proof is very seldom asked for in Kenya though?

GURIX,
Help me out on this one. My Birth Certificate has 4 names. However i use three names - My Surname, Family Name and Christian Name.(ALSO USED ON THE DV) On my Certificates my Family Name is initialed - For my Degree - I was advised to used fewer characters. - Meaning that i used only my Surname and Christian name. Is this bound to cause an issue at the CO? Then when facing the CO - was it raised as a point of concern?

Go to a Commissioner of Oaths with all the documents and get an affidavit. That's what i did. The CO did not have a problem with that. My birth certificate, different school certificates, passport all have different name order or omission or addition. No problem.

Go to a Commissioner of Oaths with all the documents and get an affidavit. That's what i did. The CO did not have a problem with that. My birth certificate, different school certificates, passport all have different name order or omission or addition. No problem.

@Guriix how much does it genereally cost to get an affidavit?or does it vary from place to place.

@ARNOLD NGANDA yes, I read about your loose ends for us "back benchers" we just might not have that benefit of time availability once an interview date is set, I am beginning my filing of relevant originals and copies today, then next week am hoping to emback on the police certificate application here in Msa since I was told it takes longer if your not doing it from nairobi,

any additional tips on how to tie these loose ends are welcome by all

Did not say AOS was mandatory... just that they wanted proof you won't be a public charge. I get the impression financial proof is very seldom asked for in Kenya though?
I cannot say yes or no, I think really it depends with the CO's mind frame that day when they are interviewing you, their first impression, perception of the person as well as your own body language to some extent I believe determines the kinda questions you are asked. I personally need to brush up on projecting my voice when speaking because funnily enough I tend to sound hesitant like I dont know what I am talking about, while in reality I know what am saying lol.

How does one pay for KNEC's Confidential slip?ie?where,how much?please help.

Direct deposit to Co-op bank, ksh 2,320.
There you'll get those special knec deposit slips. After that take those 2 receipts to Knec offices, Extelecom house, Haile Selassie Ave, 3rd floor.

@Guriix how much does it genereally cost to get an affidavit?or does it vary from place to place.

@ARNOLD NGANDA yes, I read about your loose ends for us "back benchers" we just might not have that benefit of time availability once an interview date is set, I am beginning my filing of relevant originals and copies today, then next week am hoping to emback on the police certificate application here in Msa since I was told it takes longer if your not doing it from nairobi,

any additional tips on how to tie these loose ends are welcome by all

It ranges between 500 to 1500 shillings.