• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi Christabel happy to hear from you. Am presently in UK at
The moment will like to meet u when I come to pays. Thank God iI dididn't hurry to come when I was selected. I could have been regretting till date bc of this stayin cn stuff. I will only bounce to buea precisely in sept if my cn is current if not then I will still be here. My cn is too high just prayx to God i should be current by then. Am CN 97***. Have a lovely weekend too and congrates for your masters degree.

Hi
Thanks. U will be current as our utmost prayers is that Africa should go current for September. Hoping to see u and have a lovely and blessed week -end too

Hi mates 2 questions
a) where in mombasa can i get good quality and acceptable passport photos that will pass us embassy standard...i have been to exbitions in mombasa town some photo studios in mtwapa and all were mediocre....waste of time and effort...all have background shadows etc..
B) those who have filled the statement of results form issued by KNEC what did you fill for question 1.10 TSC/PF. NO {where applicable}? & 2.0 FULL ADDRESS WHERE STATEMENT OF EXAMINATION RESULTS IS TO BE SENT?
thanx in advance.....

Hi mates 2 questions
a) where in mombasa can i get good quality and acceptable passport photos that will pass us embassy standard...i have been to exbitions in mombasa town some photo studios in mtwapa and all were mediocre....waste of time and effort...all have background shadows etc..
B) those who have filled the statement of results form issued by KNEC what did you fill for question 1.10 TSC/PF. NO {where applicable}? & 2.0 FULL ADDRESS WHERE STATEMENT OF EXAMINATION RESULTS IS TO BE SENT?
thanx in advance.....

TSC/PF. NO..unless you have it just indicate "N/A"
Full Address: US Embassy Nairobi

@utamaduni oh my goodness regrettably Mombasa is lacking in great studios. But in town, just along that road after tuskys digo as you proceed towards central police station, there are two big photo studios. there is a green photo studio will get the name for you on Monday, there pics are good but pricy. NOTE:don't go to the big yellow photo studio almost directly opposite. their rates as ridiculous considering their photos are a joke!
Hi mates 2 questions
thanx in advance.....

So there is a friend of a fried who's interview is scheduled for July 01 (AF54***) but for some reason the passport she applied in October came out on Friday 27th, basically 2 days before here interview on Tuesday. She hasn't done medicals (you can't without a passport), i just advised the friend to tell her to show up at IOM first thing on Monday and explain her case, show up for her interview as scheduled and see what happens because rescheduling at this point is risky. What do you guys think?

So there is a friend of a fried who's interview is scheduled for July 01 (AF54***) but for some reason the passport she applied in October came out on Friday 27th, basically 2 days before here interview on Tuesday. She hasn't done medicals (you can't without a passport), i just advised the friend to tell her to show up at IOM first thing on Monday and explain her case, show up for her interview as scheduled and see what happens because rescheduling at this point is risky. What do you guys think?

I'd have recommended that also but how sure is that person that his/her passport will be ready n out by the scheduled interview date?

Guriix, concerning your issue on your friend's friend

I met someone at IOM who had the same scenario though for his case he ddnt know medicals take two days. The guy's medical was a Mon & Tue while his interview was on the same Tue he was doing his day 2medical.

He went to the embassy that very Tue but could not proceed at the point where they ask you for your docs. Reason? They said his medical file had not been forwarded by IOM & was told to finish the medicals then reschedule. I guess the same will also happen to your friend's friend

Its sad that the last tym i talked to him he still haddnt found an available interview date, so back benchers please ensure alll your documents are in order

Ok, now I get you. So getting an appointment with IOM fast enough before interview date is the problem. Right?

Yes, maybe doing all meds on the same day..long shot but if told to reschedule..that chance might be gone

Guriix, concerning your issue on your friend's friend

I met someone at IOM who had the same scenario though for his case he ddnt know medicals take two days. The guy's medical was a Mon & Tue while his interview was on the same Tue he was doing his day 2medical.

He went to the embassy that very Tue but could not proceed at the point where they ask you for your docs. Reason? They said his medical file had not been forwarded by IOM & was told to finish the medicals then reschedule. I guess the same will also happen to your friend's friend

Its sad that the last tym i talked to him he still haddnt found an available interview date, so back benchers please ensure alll your documents are in order

Tough luck for her if she's told to reschedule..that might be a gone chance

Thanks Pose!! Will check out that side of the town for the studios....was used to going to a photo me booth and you are sorted in 3 mins......when you relocate abroad you will find value added services and ease of access to all this ammenities and customer service that pamper you like an egg..... the day you will visit kenya after several years away.... you will be amazed how we operate by luck of customer service and luck of value for money services......you can be frustrated...to the point you wish you never relocate back home again!! I find nairobi abit better than mombasa....10 times......thanx will visit the studios this week!!!!

@utamaduni oh my goodness regrettably Mombasa is lacking in great studios. But in town, just along that road after tuskys digo as you proceed towards central police station, there are two big photo studios. there is a green photo studio will get the name for you on Monday, there pics are good but pricy. NOTE:don't go to the big yellow photo studio almost directly opposite. their rates as ridiculous considering their photos are a joke!

Wow tough scenario...so her passport took over 8 months to be processed....enyewe nothing works in this country without TKK....wish her luck if she gets to book another interview date....b4 fiscal year concludes...

Last edited:
Hi
Hi Pam
I am a Cameroonian based in Buea just that i ve been absent from the forum for some days now. Partly because i had to defend my Masters and also was not feeling quiet well after . Congrats to all those whose visas have been granted. God be our helper we are finally getting to the end of this stressful DV of a thing.
Nice week end to all
Hi Chrys n Pam, am a Cameroonian too based in Yde. i have been readx every post here. Just didnt know how to go about it. sorry am writx on ur wall Christable. Wish you guys da best.God is not like man dat He should change His Mind. He will sure finish what He started.Stay blessed gurls.