• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Definitely this is what has been running all over my mind also. @tyt did you raise your right hand somewhere and swore anything at the Embassy?
@xkyova, I think also think that when he handed over his papers and told to go they'll call him. He concluded that was all and the interview was over.
@Jorj I think I just read on the previous pages and he says he did the whole swearing and even told welcome??Unless am wrong.
@pose you just made me run through the whole thread looking for a post where @tyt mentions the "whole swearing thing" but couldn't find any. Don't get me wrong, I was only trying to check if my assumptions were wrong. Nonetheless, this whole thing of going back and forth, pointing fingers, and other accusations won't help our friend @tyt. The only thing that he needs to do is be honest with himself, figure out what might have gone wrong and take corrective action. But reading some of his responses, it sounds like his mind is already made up, that he's correct and he's not willing to take a step back and run through what happened before deciding his next move.

@tyt a word of advise, criticism is fuel for growth. So don't think of it as someone working against you, think of it as someone helping you see your weakness. I am not saying people are criticizing you, it just sound like that's what you perceive of some of the questions on here. Also, be honest with yourself brother. I totally understand that sometimes it is hard to see our own mistakes but if more than 2 people say the same exact thing about a situation, don't you think it might be worthy a second look? Lots of people on here who've gone through this process believe something doesn't add-up about your case. I think it is time you stopped getting irritated by questions and work towards a solution. Some folks on here post their experience at the embassy, step by step. Why don't you read through those posts and see if there's anything they did that you didn't (and read the posts sloowwwlyyy in order not to miss any details). If you did exactly what all of them did (I mean if you went through the same process), then you have no choice but to 1/ keep calling the embassy, 2/ keep sending emails, or 3/ go there and ask them.

@tyt while going through your posts, I noticed that you'd asked about whether indicating that you wanted to join the military when you get here might have caused your case to go on AP. If anything, that would actually accelerate your case, I believe. Being in the military is highly appreciated here, not only by the government but by the people as well. So I would think you wanting to join is commendable rather than questionable.
My 2 cents.

Drats! I didn't realize how long the post was until I was done putting out what I wanted to say ... anyhow, Good luck.

i said big sorry to dis fouroum!! I made a mistakes pls forgive me for that...yh britismon i email them yesterday ,bt no reply yet, and i also call today a lady pick it up and hang it up ,i dnt why she did nt talk.,then.
Hey @tyt people are just trying to help. If you can share your experience with the members it could be helpful even for future reference. Which embassy did you say it was? Did you say Sierra Leone? A quick check reveals that the consular section has a number of contacts they can be reached on see link below.
http://freetown.usembassy.gov/mobile//contact.html

Also a quick check reveals that on Friday they work till 12:30pm.
Trying calling all those numbers you should get help and don't just throw in the towel because the lady hang up on you.

Friends can we all update our signatures? The information in the signatures makes it easier to offer assistance.

Am encouraging myself that all will well,but its not easy.@ susie,which embassy did you do your interview from?did you send the misssing doc first then passports or the whole parcel as one?

Am encouraging myself that all will well,but its not easy.@ susie,which embassy did you do your interview from?did you send the misssing doc first then passports or the whole parcel as one?
All will be ok...once you get the COGC, I suggest send it together the passports. By end of the month it should have been issued.

Johannesburg. We had left our passports there but they had given us the option to either leave passports or send them back with the missing document.i repeat, I do not think you have time to do it separately. All that can happen if you don't send your passports with the document is another delay.

Thanks susie and Jonge,that rily gives me hope.I checked with DHL,if i drop the parcel on 20th,it will reach the embassy on 21st.from there,i will have 22nd(friday),monday 25th monday,26th Tuesday,28th thurday as Nairobi embassy is closed every last wed,and finaly 29th friday.what can read out of this?can i start calling the embassy on 22nd?

Thanks susie and Jonge,that rily gives me hope.I checked with DHL,if i drop the parcel on 20th,it will reach the embassy on 21st.from there,i will have 22nd(friday),monday 25th monday,26th Tuesday,28th thurday as Nairobi embassy is closed every last wed,and finaly 29th friday.what can read out of this?can i start calling the embassy on 22nd?
Well I suggest you contact the Embassy once it has been received...you can track this using the Airway bill number DHL will give you. If possible use DHL at Village Market as it is the nearest to the Embassy...you will be ok

But I also blive there z emergency cases at CID go back and yu wil be directed where to address and even a day yu can fetch it, those guys normally say two weeks which z 10 working days but due to huge backlog of recent might take longer bro dont rely on what yu were told only!

@pose you just made me run through the whole thread looking for a post where @tyt mentions the "whole swearing thing" but couldn't find any. Don't get me wrong, I was only trying to check if my assumptions were wrong. Nonetheless, this whole thing of going back and forth, pointing fingers, and other accusations won't help our friend @tyt. The only thing that he needs to do is be honest with himself, figure out what might have gone wrong and take corrective action. But reading some of his responses, it sounds like his mind is already made up, that he's correct and he's not willing to take a step back and run through what happened before deciding his next move.

@tyt a word of advise, criticism is fuel for growth. So don't think of it as someone working against you, think of it as someone helping you see your weakness. I am not saying people are criticizing you, it just sound like that's what you perceive of some of the questions on here. Also, be honest with yourself brother. I totally understand that sometimes it is hard to see our own mistakes but if more than 2 people say the same exact thing about a situation, don't you think it might be worthy a second look? Lots of people on here who've gone through this process believe something doesn't add-up about your case. I think it is time you stopped getting irritated by questions and work towards a solution. Some folks on here post their experience at the embassy, step by step. Why don't you read through those posts and see if there's anything they did that you didn't (and read the posts sloowwwlyyy in order not to miss any details). If you did exactly what all of them did (I mean if you went through the same process), then you have no choice but to 1/ keep calling the embassy, 2/ keep sending emails, or 3/ go there and ask them.

@tyt while going through your posts, I noticed that you'd asked about whether indicating that you wanted to join the military when you get here might have caused your case to go on AP. If anything, that would actually accelerate your case, I believe. Being in the military is highly appreciated here, not only by the government but by the people as well. So I would think you wanting to join is commendable rather than questionable.
My 2 cents.

Drats! I didn't realize how long the post was until I was done putting out what I wanted to say ... anyhow, Good luck.

Tyt i guess guys here have been trying to help you as much as they can.
xkyova has been able to some how break the puzzle. Thanks xkyona
I also think there is a communication barrier on your side. It may be the emails you are sending are not elaborate.
It Maybe the phone calls you are making are not elaborate.
Why dont you ask a friend to help you draft an email, I know guys here will be more than willing to draft one for you.
Ask a friend to call the embassy on your behalf as your translator if you can find one back at home. At the moment Tyt we all dont know what transpired on your interview apart fron the scenario xkyova has just put.
If you don't mind Tyt why don't you takes through your interview once more step by step especially after you gave out your documents. By the step by step narration we will come closer to solving your mystery.
Then when you go to the embassy on Monday go with your interpreter or translator. Just explain to them through your translator there was miscommunication and you left the embassy without doing your interview. They may be sympathetic for the communication barrier that occurred on your interview day.
I wish you success and luck Tyt

Thanks Rogers and Jonge.We did all that we could,we even went to the office of the highest aithority,PCR,and he told us 10 working days.He even told us that we are lucky we aint given the yellow form @ the embassy,whatever that means.Can one be accessed entry @ the embassy btw?

Correction-can i be allowed entry @ the embassy,like on monday 25th to explain my case face-face as opposed to calling?ie after the parcel is delivered.

@vladeck not knw y coz the consular did nt asked me any question, she only correct my mistakes at the form while i was filling it forgot to put my father address that how my interview went and told me u welcome and give me a receipt of the money i payed and told we gonna call u when we finish ,that was the last thing i heard she said to me ,never knw the reason why they put on aps bro, maybe was the job i indicated thr that i want to served the us marine bro! Bt i dnt have any idea of the aps coz my interviewed went well with the consular, bt i leave everything to my one only God almighty!!
Take herat bro,all will be well

Guys,
I been thinking about tyt's case !
And i think just after he finished paying the visas fees, and instead of waiting for the CO, he misunderstood and he walked out the embassy, withou having his final interview.
Of course i can be totaly wrong!
So TYT just one more question to you bro?
When you gave your file and passport, after that they directed you to the cashier right?
Than you went and pay, than that is it ?
Or you still waited there, for the CO?

Guys,
And i think just after he finished paying the visas fees, and instead of waiting for the CO, he misunderstood and he walked out the embassy, withou having his final interview.
When you gave your file and passport, after that they directed you to the cashier right?

Guys,
This could be true...that could explain why on CEAC it shows 'READY' and yet he thinks he is on AP. @tyt it would be good if you shared your experience so we can see how to help.

This could be true...that could explain why on CEAC it shows 'READY' and yet he thinks he is on AP. @tyt it would be good if you shared your experience so we can see how to help.
Because that all what he reported so far !
Just half of the procedure, handing the documents and paying the fees .