• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@susie if i lie are to myself ,okay? I hve no document left behind or missing document either everything was correct ,she took everything from me including my passport and told me we going to call u when we finish ,and said u welcome ,that was the last thing i heard she said to me , after two weeks i email them and they told me my case is on Aps...bt still on aps nw ,bt always ceac track it ready i dnt understand why, what is happening to my case? So dnt think i'm not saying the truth ,my other fouroum mates told me yesterday to email them about that nd explain to them ,i already did that bt no reply yt...who hve the correct uscis number to call and inquire about my case thr easily pls?
I did not say you lied. Like someone else had posted, some of us were wondering if there was a piece of information you missed, because your case does not add up. If you are on AP your case status should say that, even if someone is approved it switches to AP before it is issued, not just staying on ready all the time.

@tyt I can only imagine the anxiety you are going through right now. But as someone who's gone through the process, I feel like something is not right about what happened at the embassy. This is what normally happens (correct me if I'm wrong):
  • once you get into the embassy, you sign a waiver,
  • then pay the visa fees,
  • then your fingerprints are taken (not sure which comes first of the last two),
  • after that, you have to hand in all your original documents for verification (please note that this is not an interview),
  • if all is ok, they later call in to the interview window. Here you have to raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth ... then interviewed.
  • whatever the outcome of the interview, you are given some paper (could be the green, pink, or any other color) - this slip is supposed to show you what's happening next...
Here is what I think happened (@tyt correct me if I'm wrong):
  • you signed the waiver
  • paid the visa fees
  • scanned you fingerprints
  • and handed in your documents for verification - you were told that you'll be called and you assumed that was it and left. I am totally guessing here..... but all I am trying to do is get to the bottom of this because forum-mates can't really help you if we don't know where the problem is.
Here is the reason I think this is where you dropped off the process; it's kinda hard to believe that you were interviewed and not told what happens next. My personal experience was seamless but I know this from my brother (he won the lotto several years before me - he was the first in my family) who had to go to the embassy 3 times simply because he wasn't following the instructions exactly as they are stated. Thing is, he was always given a paper telling him what happens next.

So if you make it through this long post, and still believe you got to the interview window, swore with your right hand raised, and were never asked any questions (not even your name), I do not think there's anyone on this forum in position to help you. The only thing I would suggest in such a scenario, just like what has already been suggested, get in touch with the embassy. Call or Send an email. When you call, you have to pay attention to what the machine says and follow the instructions if you are to make it through to speak to a person. I believe you are giving up so easily that's why you aren't getting to a representative. Mind you, it takes several minutes to get to a person so load enough airtime to be able to make it through the wait. Here are two things I believe you should work on, pay extra attention to details (be it instructions or listening to the machine) and always ask where you are not sure. Do not assume anything, if you can't find it in the instructions, ask. It could be painful process to get an answer but it will save you a load of money and TIME.

We wish you the best of luck bro!

@tyt I can only imagine the anxiety you are going through right now. But as someone who's gone through the process, I feel like something is not right about what happened at the embassy. This is what normally happens (correct me if I'm wrong):
  • once you get into the embassy, you sign a waiver,
  • then pay the visa fees,
  • then your fingerprints are taken (not sure which comes first of the last two),
  • after that, you have to hand in all your original documents for verification (please note that this is not an interview),
  • if all is ok, they later call in to the interview window. Here you have to raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth ... then interviewed.
  • whatever the outcome of the interview, you are given some paper (could be the green, pink, or any other color) - this slip is supposed to show you what's happening next...
Here is what I think happened (@tyt correct me if I'm wrong):
  • you signed the waiver
  • paid the visa fees
  • scanned you fingerprints
  • and handed in your documents for verification - you were told that you'll be called and you assumed that was it and left. I am totally guessing here..... but all I am trying to do is get to the bottom of this because forum-mates can't really help you if we don't know where the problem is.
Here is the reason I think this is where you dropped off the process; it's kinda hard to believe that you were interviewed and not told what happens next. My personal experience was seamless but I know this from my brother (he won the lotto several years before me - he was the first in my family) who had to go to the embassy 3 times simply because he wasn't following the instructions exactly as they are stated. Thing is, he was always given a paper telling him what happens next.

So if you make it through this long post, and still believe you got to the interview window, swore with your right hand raised, and were never asked any questions (not even your name), I do not think there's anyone on this forum in position to help you. The only thing I would suggest in such a scenario, just like what has already been suggested, get in touch with the embassy. Call or Send an email. When you call, you have to pay attention to what the machine says and follow the instructions if you are to make it through to speak to a person. I believe you are giving up so easily that's why you aren't getting to a representative. Mind you, it takes several minutes to get to a person so load enough airtime to be able to make it through the wait. Here are two things I believe you should work on, pay extra attention to details (be it instructions or listening to the machine) and always ask where you are not sure. Do not assume anything, if you can't find it in the instructions, ask. It could be painful process to get an answer but it will save you a load of money and TIME.

We wish you the best of luck bro!

Wish I could like your post more than once! Brilliantly put!!

This is precisely what's been going through my mind; from most of his reponses/past posts, Tyt certainly comes across to me like he doesn't pay enough attention. And everytime someone suggests something he could be possibly doing wrong or has possibly done wrong, he gets on the defensive response of "you think I'm lying"? It just doesn't sound plausible that the CEAC online status has been showing "Ready" for months, yet he's on AP and he wasn't given anything saying he's on AP at the end of the interview. I think he never got to meet with the CO and he left after handing over his documents thinking that was it.

Wish I could like your post more than once! Brilliantly put!!

This is precisely what's been going through my mind; from most of his reponses/past posts, Tyt certainly comes across to me like he doesn't pay enough attention. And everytime someone suggests something he could be possibly doing wrong or has possibly done wrong, he gets on the defensive response of "you think I'm lying"? It just doesn't sound plausible that the CEAC online status has been showing "Ready" for months, yet he's on AP and he wasn't given anything saying he's on AP at the end of the interview. I think he never got to meet with the CO and he left after handing over his documents thinking that was it.

Definitely this is what has been running all over my mind also. @tyt did you raise your right hand somewhere and swore anything at the Embassy?
@xkyova, I think also think that when he handed over his papers and told to go they'll call him. He concluded that was all and the interview was over.

@tyt am so sorry bro for all these stress you have with not getting replies by email. I join the band wagon of please call asap, am sure when you call there is an operator and they give you so many options, when am unsure who can help in such situation I always choose the otherwise stay online and someone will assist you, that way, you get directed to whoever can help.

Also I wish I had logged in earlier and seen that there was a 50 Min chat held by the embassy staff on Facebook today?Maybe that would have helped in one way or the other as well with your case, by maybe giving you a number to call and specific extension or get some direction from chatting/posting your question. Otherwise, we wish your case the best outcome Inshallah!

@Arnold you were so lost!but I see...its because you were busy with your medicals!your lucky you are done. Am up for medicals next week so I hope for the best. NO TB especially lol!

@pj 10 days will be here soon enough, stress no more coz it cannot help right now, be calm and wait to get it.

Definitely this is what has been running all over my mind also. @tyt did you raise your right hand somewhere and swore anything at the Embassy?
@xkyova, I think also think that when he handed over his papers and told to go they'll call him. He concluded that was all and the interview was over.
@Jorj I think I just read on the previous pages and he says he did the whole swearing and even told welcome??Unless am wrong.

@pose thank you for encouraging more bro, i pray may Allah see u true bro! And when will be the next host on fbook bro? @sm1 i see u hve no sympathy of person, u think am hppy wat i'm going true nw ,u think i will get nd forge a news like that , that no question and leave my paper thr when interview was nt finish ? Oo common ,if u dnt wanna help me leave me ...okay ? Than mking me feeling mre hungry here pls!!

@pose thank you for encouraging more bro, i pray may Allah see u true bro! And when will be the next host on fbook bro? @sm1 i see u hve no sympathy of person, u think am hppy wat i'm going true nw ,u think i will get nd forge a news like that , that no question and leave my paper thr when interview was nt finish ? Oo common ,if u dnt wanna help me leave me ...okay ? Than mking me feeling mre hungry here pls!!

Stop getting so defensive. No one here KNOWS what your issue is so people are trying to guess. They are spending time doing this because they are trying to help you. It's exactly this attitude/response of yours that makes people wonder if you made a mistake. Anyway I'm certainly done in this conversation.

Yeah, you're right! I have absolutely no sympathy and zero tolerance for people who do nothing but whin all day long in an attempt to make people feel sorry for them without shedding any more light on what precisely is their problem. I have no sympathy and absolutely zero tolerance for people who are waiting to be spoon fed and are not doing much to help themselves while telling everyone 'please help me, please help me'. If I wasn't interested in helping I would have completely ignored your very fist post to start with.

Damn right, I have no sympathy towards your case no more!!

Stop getting so defensive. No one here KNOWS what your issue is so people are trying to guess. They are spending time doing this because they are trying to help you. It's exactly this attitude/response of yours that makes people wonder if you made a mistake. Anyway I'm certainly done in this conversation.

Exactly! That's the attitude I posted about earlier on.

@susie look wat sm1 wrote, like i am the one create my interview news how it went, u people dnt believed me what i explain to dis fouroum thats y u trying to guesing how my interview went i already told u that over nd over ,bt u still dnt believed me aaaaaa!! I knw my case will soon over by God grace! Well sorry if i may offend u gys it's jst coz my aps mood mke me go crazy sometimes!!

@susie look wat sm1 wrote, like i am the one create my interview news how it went, u people dnt believed me what i explain to dis fouroum thats y u trying to guesing how my interview went i already told u that over nd over ,bt u still dnt believed me aaaaaa!! I knw my case will soon over by God grace!

Listen Marine!

People are trying to help. They have their Green Cards already and they are trying to help you. They are not charging you any money, they are doing it because they are caring people so they do not deserveryour angry comments!!!

So, take a deep breath, and start taking action. I told you yesterday to contact the embassy. In person. Did you do that today - if not, YOU just cost yourself another day. If you don't do as experts are telling you, you will miss out on your chance. Nobody here wishes that for you - it is up to you.

i said big sorry to dis fouroum!! I made a mistakes pls forgive me for that...yh britismon i email them yesterday ,bt no reply yet, and i also call today a lady pick it up and hang it up ,i dnt why she did nt talk.,then.

i said big sorry to dis fouroum!! I made a mistakes pls forgive me for that...yh britismon i email them yesterday ,bt no reply yet, and i also call today a lady pick it up and hang it up ,i dnt why she did nt talk.,then.

OK well keep phoning, or visit the embassy if they accept face to face enquiries. Like everyone has said, there is something odd about your case - so you need to push them to get it resolved.