• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 How it differs from previous years ? Plus few questions !

I'm still puzzled by these CN holes between selected entries. When I look at several CEAC data, it seems we have an average of 2.3 holes per open CN registered entries for FY13. For EU, if we consider 16k visas, with 1.6-1.8 visas per principal entries, that makes at least 8.8k entries who get visas. Considering a 9.5% visa refusal rate after interview, that makes a total of 9.8k interviews (consulate +USCIS combined). If we consider 5% of selectees opt for AOS (as per official DOS stats), that makes 9.3k interviews in consulates. Now, if we take 2.3 holes per open CN selectee, this makes the very last CN who gets interviewed at 9.3 * (2.3+1) = 30,700. Looks like this is pretty close to the cutoff for June. I bet EU is gonna be current in July... Answer in a couple of days.... What do you think Raevsky? How DV14 will differ from previous years?

Whether this is the last year or not, nobody know. DOS definitely does not assume so, it follows existing law, not bills.
As you see, years 2003, 2010 and 2012 quita was overfilled - more than 50000. Does that answer your question?

Weren't these the years where there was 55000 DVs available (except 2012) ??

Try to put there 2012 nomber.

I agree this looks like a new system. I can't indeed get 2012 numbers. But what makes you think they can't put all foreign posts in this new database? I understand not all consulates have access to this centralized system, but why DOS would put a system accessible to the public where not everybody could get his/her visa case status with the 3 letter abbreviation of the consulate they putvin the forms sent to KCC?

I'm still puzzled by these CN holes between selected entries. When I look at several CEAC data, it seems we have an average of 2.3 holes per open CN registered entries for FY13. For EU, if we consider 16k visas, with 1.6-1.8 visas per principal entries, that makes at least 8.8k entries who get visas. Considering a 9.5% visa refusal rate after interview, that makes a total of 9.8k interviews (consulate +USCIS combined). If we consider 5% of selectees opt for AOS (as per official DOS stats), that makes 9.3k interviews in consulates. Now, if we take 2.3 holes per open CN selectee, this makes the very last CN who gets interviewed at 9.3 * (2.3+1) = 30,700. Looks like this is pretty close to the cutoff for June. I bet EU is gonna be current in July... Answer in a couple of days.... What do you think Raevsky? How DV14 will differ from previous years?

how do you know refusal rate in interview is 9.5% , it seems very low,
my guesses is more toward 40-50% refusal rate.

Exactly that's it probably it! This year there is no info about another selection in October like we had in DV2013.
With this being said, the truth is:
1- There probably won't be any extra SELECTED people this year.
2- This also might be the LAST YEAR of DV lottery.

I feel like it is getting harder and harder to keep alive the dream of living in the USA...working. studying...rising a family etc...It's a bit sad because I'm not a doctor or engineer but I'm a regular hard-working guy in my 20's with a Bachelor Degree. It's like I feel I could be good citizen, not an extra unnecessary weight to they US economy, yet I really don't know how and when am I gonna make it...
Living year after in year in hope of winning the lottery feels like wasting precious time of my life, because no matter what I do I always feels like I belong there...I've been there once and loved it, plus I have a few relatives there.
Congratulations for the winners I don't envy anyone just pray to be one of them before the Dv lottery ends... and to the rest of us Good luck what else can I say.....:)
Hey dude, your comment is really touching. Like you, I've always thought I belong there, and not only because of the economical opportunities but for their culture, their lifestyle... I can only tell you that I've been fighting for this all my life and this year I was lucky I was selected. I used to feel the way you do, but you know what... there's always hope, one way or another. One thing you have on your side is that you are pretty young so you still have a long way to go and make it happen. I would advice you not to rely just on luck year after year and start seeking alternative ways to make your dream come true. Just don't give up.

Please be advised that your case will not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available. That means if there is no availability of a visa number no interview.

I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In
2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was
in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have
already filled the forms and sent them to KCC
but did not state that I had been in The
Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an
American visa and was given a 2 year visa and
I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I
am not sure if I stated in the application of the
visitor visa if I had been in The
Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my
dv? Should I resend the forms with that
missing information? Also if I did so I will
certainly need a police clearance from The
Netherlands? Help

about interview process, i heard that they start asking for I-134 forms,
which means that you have to find a job in US before the interview in order to pass it ,is this true ?
maybe that's the reason for selecting 20% more in DV2014

about interview process, i heard that they start asking for I-134 forms,
which means that you have to find a job in US before the interview in order to pass it ,is this true ?
maybe that's the reason for selecting 20% more in DV2014

Relax Monashed - I just answered that for you on another thread.

Affidavit of Support

Hi there participants and selectees,

I've also been selected for the Green Card and my question is about Affidavit of Support regarding its format, style and language, I do acknowledge that you also need an I-134 form with it, but what if you have got a sponsor in the US AND an employer who is willing to offer you a position. I am a marketing practitioner and am offered a position in marketing.

does that mean both my sponsor and my employer need to fill out the same application, or is it enough for my sponsor to do that and just have a letter from the employer notarised and sent to me without filling out I-134. (how much funds($) do you need to have on your account to prove that you are not going to depend on government benefits?)

I was trying to research on this matter, and really came across some generic info. If there are individuals that already have done it before, could you please advise to the best of your knowledge. It would be greatly appreciated!

Is there a specific format to write a letter in the light of Affidavit of Support, I googled the format, but found a lot of various formats that I doubt I may use. Do you think there is a specific format, especially for the employer in the US.

Thanks for your time and attention!

My case number is 40***

Good afternoon. I am from Russia and i have been selected this year, but my case number is high 40***. Have i got any chances to get my interview? I don't exactly understand, how the dv lottery had changed this year, if we with big case numbers after 30*** have chances to get interview.

I think high case numbers are from 40000 and mid 50000 for EU winners. There is always a chance but for higher case numbers the chance is lower as the visas may be used up before it is your turn. Probably you will have a shot in September 2014 unless 3500 Russians including derivatives already secured visa as no country may occupy more than 7 percent.

Anyway that's just my opinion vsego dobrogo

Good afternoon. I am from Russia and i have been selected this year, but my case number is high 40***. Have i got any chances to get my interview? I don't exactly understand, how the dv lottery had changed this year, if we with big case numbers after 30*** have chances to get interview.
happy to meet one from Russia, i think you have a chance. (why they selected 120 k?). Be strong and good luck!

Hi there participants and selectees,

I've also been selected for the Green Card and my question is about Affidavit of Support regarding its format, style and language, I do acknowledge that you also need an I-134 form with it, but what if you have got a sponsor in the US AND an employer who is willing to offer you a position. I am a marketing practitioner and am offered a position in marketing.

does that mean both my sponsor and my employer need to fill out the same application, or is it enough for my sponsor to do that and just have a letter from the employer notarised and sent to me without filling out I-134. (how much funds($) do you need to have on your account to prove that you are not going to depend on government benefits?)

I was trying to research on this matter, and really came across some generic info. If there are individuals that already have done it before, could you please advise to the best of your knowledge. It would be greatly appreciated!

Is there a specific format to write a letter in the light of Affidavit of Support, I googled the format, but found a lot of various formats that I doubt I may use. Do you think there is a specific format, especially for the employer in the US.

Thanks for your time and attention!

Harry, the DV lottery does not require you to have a sponsor or a job offer. However they may (especially in some countries) try to establish he you will avoid becoming a public charge. If they think you don't have enough funds or a good plan then I believe they could reject the application. SO it is worth gathering supporting information such as a job offer and so on Plus having some savings would be good - perhaps around 10k dollars per applicant (however that is just a guide, there is no minimum number AFAIK). Having a job offer would reduce that savings need.

Thanks

happy to meet one from Russia, i think you have a chance. (why they selected 120 k?). Be strong and good luck!

Thank's a lot. It's very pleasant to hear like that. I think we all must dream and must have a hope, it makes us stronger .and makes us to do something to change our lifes. Thanks. Did you win this lottery too?