• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Hopefuls - It's that time again!!!

The High School Education requirement pretty much eliminates anyone under 17 since the vast majority of people graduate at 17 or 18, with most at 18. That requirement is just to apply and get to the interview stage if you get selected. If you apply at 17, and get selected, by the time you get to the interview many, many months later, you will be 18 or close to 19 and either in post-secondary education or working so not exactly a naïve, lost little babe in the woods. At the interview, they'll look at the things that you are confused about - whether the young selectee can make it on their own. There's a lot of discretion used by the CO. I'm sure they'd look at a number of other factors so as to make sure the young selectee won't end up destitute.

If this issue was a big concern or problem, I'm sure they'd have changed the requirements by now and increased the minimum age but I don't believe there's been a minimum age requirement since the DV was instigated (I could be wrong).
De facto there is an age requirement, it is about 12-13 years old at the time of submission. It is not easy to overcome this requirement, but it is very rare when a person has high school education or equivalent by that age. 16-18 is well above that requirement.
You need to have high school education or equivalent or work requirement by the time you submit I-485 or DS-230 form, not necessarily by the time of submitting an electronic entry..

Hi guys,

Please wish me good luck to make this time . I am a desperate applicant ,i ve been applying for more than 10 years until now .
:)

gabam.. tell me how to update my signature.. will be grateful

1) Go to forum settings on top of the page
2) Select General Settings
3) Under My settings on the left of the page, select Edit Signature
4) Write down your signature, and then click on Save Signature button

DV2014 potential selectees - don't get over-excited. Selection is only the first process because the waiting period of 2 years (except for lower case numbers) will really test your level of stress and anxiety.

I'm approaching my second year in the DV process and praying for my interview to happen in August. You will know the true meaning of stress after almost 24 months and trying to plan how to wrap up your life in one place and start a new one someplace else.

Like I said in my earlier post, GET YOUR DOCUMENTS READY EARLY & GET YOUR FINANCES IN ORDER long before your interview!

3 Ps - Patience, Preparedness, Pray

Vaya Con Dios to all...(as Keanu Reeves said to Patrick Swayze in Point Break)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Arleady won it in god's name

With 2 days to go wooow!!!!