• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Hopefuls - It's that time again!!!

Sukie

Registered Users (C)
Hi to all DV2014 hopefuls! At this point there are 72 days until we can check to see if we (or our loved one, in my case) have won a slot! I know there are lots of names that I have seen year after year - all hopefuls (waving at Qewty!), and my prayer this year is that we are ALL successful!

From what I can gather, the Diversity Program is on the cutting table with US Congress as it discusses Immigration Reform. They will change the program to require advanced degrees in areas that are lacking in the US. This is not good news for many entrants here.

So DV2014 is a key year. May 1st, here we come!!!

Sukie:D

Hi Sukie!! I'm with you on this one :) I get nervous every time I read that the DV is up for scrutiny (which always seems to be the case) and changing the criteria to specific academic credentials will break the hearts of thousands I'm sure :(

I was only thinking to myself yesterday as I prepare to throw myself into a 4 year degree (starts next week!) that this is probably when we will get a yes; when I am super busy, just moved across the country ($$ endeavour that is!) and am preoccupied with other things!!!!

You know my thoughts about who I would like to get my 'spot' :) Hoping you and yours are well and happy despite the distances.

I think DV2014 will be a big year for us :)

Q

DV 2014 - It's that time again!!! i pray to be selacted

I enter for the DVLottery on
1 May 2007: Not successful:(
1 May 2008: Not successful:(
1 May 2009: Not successful:)
1 May 2010: Not successful:)
1 May 2011: Not successful:)
1 May 2012: Not successful:)
i pray that this 1 May 2013: ?????????????????????
i should be among dose that we be selected :D:eek:

Is your CN sth like 2014NLLLLNNLLNLN?

N = number
L = letter

Just to give some example: 20141XHJP38UI8S9

Is there any way to know if your CN is high or low?

This will be my fourth try. Lost in 2010, 2011, both 2012 draws, and both 2013 draws. Really hoping to get something this year. The timing couldn't be better and I'm not looking forward to opening that webpage to disappointment again. Fingers crossed for those of you who have been trying for many years without success. I hope at least some of us finally get selected :)

Is your CN sth like 2014NLLLLNNLLNLN?

N = number
L = letter

Just to give some example: 20141XHJP38UI8S9

Is there any way to know if your CN is high or low?

I'm not exactly sure but I think the case number is 2014EU12432 which tells the year, region, and position. The lower the end number the better your chance of an interview. Of course it depends how many people are selected from your region and how many visa's are available. Someone else should be able to confirm this. I've never seen a real case number myself :)

I actually had the same question a few years ago - you can see the replies I got here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure but I think the case number is 2014EU12432 which tells the year, region, and position.

Is 2014EU***** your 2014 CN? (* = numbers)

I know the CNs in previous year were like you said,
but now I have sth like 20141XHJP38UI8S9

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a confirmation number you get after you submit your entry in the lottery in October/November the case number is different and you get it once you are selected. you use your confirmation number to check online whether you were selected or not and if yes then you get the case number which also includes the initials of the region you're from ex EU for Europe, AS for Asia and so on and use it to check the visa bulletin to see when you will become current for a visa interview. the lower the number the sooner the interview.

As we wait for May 1st, I wondered what the average age is of those of us hopefuls. I've been reading the subset of last year's Australia winners - and a large group there seems to be in their 20s. I know my partner, hopeful for the 4th year, is nearing 60 years of age. For those of you "in it to win it" in DV2014 - what's YOUR decade? Are you in your teens? 20s? 30s? 40s? 50s? 60s?

DV20014 is the first year i´m trying my luck to get a green card.
I´m 23 years old, and i´m from Portugal, and you Sukie?
I´m counting the days to May 1st. Hopefully I can be one of the selected :)

hello

Hey guys,

I am new on the forum.
I have started a new thread called DV2014 were all DV2014 entrants can meet and further discuss about the reason of their application, were are they willing to live in US after winning the GC and any interview experiences (after the DV interviews that will start this summer)
Please feel free to come and post on the thread and best of luck for all!

Thanks above for explaining the case numbers!!

I'm 22 and praying for selection. Interesting to see the age patterns for entering.

DV Lottery

Hi Everyone DV 2014 Hopefuls
I have enetred DV for the first time and I'm hopeful for this year.I know it's dissappointing, cause most people have entered for years and never get selected so possible that people cannot get selected but I trust in God.Me and my wife we don't cease praying and we know that we're going to be selected,there's not even a bit of doubt cause doubth does'nt come from God that we serve.

hello future dv winners,
I'm from Nigeria,35 years...I've been playing dv lottery since the inception in 95 and not won.I'm hoping to win in 2014 before the republicans scrap the lottery or morph it into something else that would disenfranchise millions of people,particularly in Africa.
I'm looking forward to relocating to America with my young family and make a better life for them as my country's leaders have utterly failed us.
As we await May 1st,Gods blessings will precede us and clear away any obstacles that may lie across our path.