• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hello

Yes, I guess everyone's locked!
Hello, I am new to this forum and I am surprised by your 2NL coming so fast. I was wondering if I can expect my second NL in the next few months as well? also Britsimon's theory about how are case numbers processed by KCC fail in this case. my cn is 2014EU00027XXX with forms received by KCC on 4th of June.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if I can expect my second NL in the next few months as well? my cn is 2014EU00027XXX

My best guess is interview around Apr/May 2014.

EDIT: I just re-read the original post you were responding to. Looks like they are doing AOS...which seems different to CP when it comes to issuing letters etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am new to this forum and I am surprised by your 2NL coming so fast. I was wondering if I can expect my second NL in the next few months as well? also Britsimon's theory about how are case numbers processed by KCC fail in this case. my cn is 2014EU00027XXX with forms received by KCC on 4th of June.
Your interview will be in March or April.

I've got a lot of theories - which one failed? ;)

thank you Sloner for predictions, but by my theories, my interview will be much sooner.but we will see which theory fits better.

And when do you think you will be invited for an interview then? And what are your theories when a similar number to yours never turned current much sooner in any previous period in the history of the DV lottery?

Let me guess: You think it's 8000 for Oct, so it must be 16000 in Nov, 24000 in Dec ... so must be your turn in January? :p

theories

I've got a lot of theories - which one failed? ;)
a lot of winners, even with high numbers like after 40k, believe that KCC process cases in the order of forms received by KCC. even if my number is lower then yours I believe this theory is true, even if, as I know, you dont agree with this theory. my theory is based on Bramb90 case, his case number is 25k and he said he already received his 2NL on 14th August. we will know for sure which theory fits better after a couple of months.

And when do you think you will be invited for an interview then? And what are your theories when a similar number to yours never turned current much sooner in any previous period in the history of the DV lottery?

Let me guess: You think it's 8000 for Oct, so it must be 16000 in Nov, 24000 in Dec ... so must be your turn in January? :p

no, this is not true, the number for november will be max 8500 not higher, but I agree with Stelunea theory, that "If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.

a lot of winners, even with high numbers like after 40k, believe that KCC process cases in the order of forms received by KCC. even if my number is lower then yours I believe this theory is true, even if, as I know, you dont agree with this theory. my theory is based on Bramb90 case, his case number is 25k and he said he already received his 2NL on 14th August. we will know for sure which theory fits better after a couple of months.

Brambo is doing AoS so the 2NL process is different to those people doing consular processing. If you are doing CP the cases are processed (scheduled) in case number order (within the month that the numbers are current). There is NO doubt about that.

no, this is not true, the number for november will be max 8500 not higher, but I agree with Stelunea theory, that "If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.

I see what you mean. The fact that a certain percentage of people with lower CN's are not putting in their application promptly is already reflected in the monthly CN's published. So for instance, Oct they say 8000 and by the end of the month they only have received applications from 5000 of those, they may decide to change Nov number to 9500 (but only if they can cope with that many cases at once, anyway).

However, your number is not very low and not very high, either. It's in the middle range. Therefore, I don't think you can expect NL2 prior to Apr or May 2014.

No need for rush anyway, you really need some time to prepare for such a big move, anyway. There is so much to research and prepare for, that is much easier done ahead of time from your current home, rather than be confronted with them once you cross the border into the US where so many new impressions will distract you.

No one is suggesting that KCC will halt processing waiting for lower case numbers to submit the forms. The scheduling of appointments is based on case number order BUT assuming the forms have been submitted. If a person were to have a case number of EU2000 but did not submit their forms until March next year that would not affect anyone with higher case numbers - but the 2000 case would get scheduled as soon as practically possible after KCC receive the forms in March.

I think it is possible that most of EU numbers is in 30k-40k bracket.

You are killing me...lol. :rolleyes: What are you trying to say? There are up to 55k CNs allocated to the EU region. How can "most" of them be in the 30-40k range? Can you rephrase that?

I think it is possible that most of EU numbers is in 30k-40k bracket.
no, Rooms are distributed with dips and higher density. The main part is from 1xxx to 20ххх. There Uzbekistan and Ukraine, after 20ххх these two countries do not have.

That is only guess. Relax. I mean that there is no holes. (in 30k-40k bracket).

OK - meaning that within the 30k to 40k range there are 10k selectees, whereas in the 20k - 30k there may be (for example) only 6000 selectees (meaning 4000 holes). Yeah, I don't think that is the case.