• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Go for it Dude. I have a high CN this year and will be participating in DV 2015 if there is any. There is no rules agains it.

Having said that I should be trying to discourage you form DV 2015- less people = better odddddsss :D

Hello, giving my 2 cents to this forum also. I'm posting my case number that is pretty low by the talks i'm reading here.
2014EU000119xx Estonia

Does anybody know when the interview could be approximately? From one topic I've read it could be already in october-november but other topics I've read that somewhere in january-february.

There is an immigration reform underway. If it passes , the dv 2014 lottery will be the last one. Its still a big IF , but it can happen.

Hello, giving my 2 cents to this forum also. I'm posting my case number that is pretty low by the talks i'm reading here.
2014EU000119xx Estonia

Does anybody know when the interview could be approximately? From one topic I've read it could be already in october-november but other topics I've read that somewhere in january-february.

Based on your number I would expect you will be notified in November/December (ish) for interview in Jan/Feb.

Hello everyone !

I'm french and my CN is 26xxx.

I also wanted to ask you guys, how have you sent your forms back to KCC? With fedex, DHL or did you just use your regular post office? It seems to be like super expensive to use fedex (they tell me around 88euros, which will be ~115$) :eek:
Last question, on the DS 230 part 2 page 4, you haven't sign anything then? It seems weird to me but but as it's written that we don't have to write below the line....

Thank you so much for your help!

I sent mine through regular mail with the intention of checking they have received the forms by phone later.

88 Euros sounds like you have gone to a high street "shipping" company who are adding a healthy profit onto the cost of the Fedex shipment. If you still want to use Fedex, try checking with one of their offices http://www.fedex.com/locate/index.html?locale=en_FR

Yes it is correct that you do not sign the 230 part 2. You would sign that during your interview so that they can "witness" you signing the form once they have gone through it with you.

You have a good CN number by the way - low enough to expect an interview next spring or early summer....

Thank you so much for your quick answer britsimon !

French mail service is used to "lost" lot of important thing. :mad: It is possible to ask for the signature of the receiver but I don't know if the KCC will be happy to have to sign 125000 envelopes!!
But you are right I will send mine with the regular mail too and I will just check later by email if they got it, someone told me they answer email...

I don't know what to expect with all this stuff about high or low CN so for now I am just so thankful I have been selected and we will see what's coming next! (I am actually super excited and can't wait to get my life back in NYC, I miss it a lot!)

Yep Lyxie, that sounds sensible. The CN number determines the order that they process applications. Since they selected 125k winners and only have 50k visas that is important. Your number is within the range that is almost CERTAIN to have an interview (whereas people with high numbers may find they never get the chance of an interview). So, you have been even luckier than you realised! Good luck in your journey back to NYC!

Don't give me too much hope! I have to confess I 'm actually pretty scared to be disappointed by not getting it at the end...
But i don't feel like there is a good feeling in this forum talking about it, is it? Cause I checked some topics and people got very sensible and sometimes angry soooo...

What about you Britisimon, where do you come from?

Don't give me too much hope! I have to confess I 'm actually pretty scared to be disappointed by not getting it at the end...
But i don't feel like there is a good feeling in this forum talking about it, is it? Cause I checked some topics and people got very sensible and sometimes angry soooo...

What about you Britisimon, where do you come from?

There has been some silly drama in this forum over the last few days - something possibly unavoidable with people from so many cultures all trying to communicate in a language that is not always their first language AND with all the added complication of an internet forum where it is hard to tell the "tone" of a persons' comments. Generally though there is a lot of VERY good information available here, along with the normal thing of people that believe in Santa Claus. :)

By the way, your translation of "sensible" is incorrect - you mean sensitive. That is an example of how things can get mistaken here. You might say I am not very "sensible" and I will hear you saying that I am not very "raisonnable".

I'm British, based in London. MY wife is from Spain which is how we were able to enter the lottery (UK being excluded). Like you I have experience of being in the States before - I was commuting there regularly (every two weeks) for several years, so I know what to expect. I'll probably be moving to the States this winter on an H1 visa (currently being processed) so the GC will be useful for me to avoid the hassle and costs of a employment based GC later on.

By the way, your translation of "sensible" is incorrect - you mean sensitive. That is an example of how things can get mistaken here. You might say I am not very "sensible" and I will hear you saying that I am not very "raisonnable".
Aww I keep making the same mistake again and again! Thank you for your explanation ! I'll write it to keep it in mind ! That's the problem, no one corrected me in the US... so hard to improve then!

I haven't noticed UK was excluded! So you got lucky! Green card is always better than a visa i guess ;) You are going to adjust your status then? I've heard it's a little faster?
I've spent 6 months in London, it is a great city!

My number is 314XX so I will wait to decide whether to do CP or AOS. If we have to fly back it won't be a big deal - I have got very used to transatlantic flying! London is a great place yeah - and our lives here are great, but on balance I think the USA offers more opportunity and a better standard of living for us and a better future for my daughter (4 years old).

Have you tried DHL maybe? £29 from UK. Posted it on Friday 3rd and it got delivered on Monday 6th :)

Some people on our polish forums claim that after log on on the lottery website they see that they won but the personal data was different, they claim that they saw data of other persons...how it possible??

one person says that he/she from Poland saw the following info after login

please check the data in that link
post no 124
http://forum.usa.info.pl/topic/22131-dv2014-wylosowany-nie-wylosowany/page__st__100

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that. There was a Dude who has seen an Egyptian guy's details after he entered his confirmation number, DOB and last name. I would blame it on the system being overloaded on 1st of May. It said that I have not been selected the first time I entered my details. After couple of tries (lol) I was selected :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that. There was a Dude who has seen an Egyptian guy's details after he entered his confirmation number, DOB and last name. I would blame it on the system being overloaded on 1st of May. It said that I have not been selected the first time I entered my details. After couple of tries (lol) I was selected :)

Yeah but it seems that it is not due to overload because today one guy was checking his status and saw at first time data of one russian or ukrainian lady...so it is very weired

Hi, all
I need yours advices please :
I was selected (dv 2014EU00040XXX)under the following name:
Last Name = Z ***
First Name =K ***
Middle Name = O ***.
But on my birth certificate and my passport my name is
Last Name = Z ***
First Name = K ***
Middle Name = A ***.
There is a difference
In fact after a judgment of marital status, my middle name O *** is no longer on my paperwork: the proof of this judgment is mentioned on the copy of the birth certificate.
Can I fill the DS230 form and DSP-122 to the official name without being automatically disqualified?
Last Name: Z *** First Name: K *** and Middle A ***.
My question: If the middle name O *** no longer appears on the Forms, can I have a problem, see a direct disqualification. could you advise me?
Thanks

2014EU353xx

I guess based on all the discussions, we are looking at interview in a years time from now at the earliest.

Is it actually really the case that one can enter the DV2015 (if it still takes place), even though one is in the system with the DV2014?
I mean, theoretically, if picked a winner again but this time with a much lower CN, there is a chance to get an interview via DV2015 much earlier than the DV2014! It would be crazy.

Also: I read someone stating that if your country of residence is part of the visa waiver program, there is no issue with traveling to the US as a tourist while the DV application is in process. Is there some official information to confirm this? I will definitely want to enter the US a few times in the next 12 months, but would not want to jeopardize our DV application.