• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6211.html

Looks like Jan numbers to 13,200 will become current, up from 12,500 for Dec.

That is a TINY increase, yet it started better than what I had expected.

Yet I wonder if it will continue to drip feed to higher numbers ... I am in the 35k mark and expected Aug (Jul at the very earliest) ... yet who knows, I might not even get an interview, after all. Noone really will know for sure.

I am curious about other opinions, too.

US address

Hi,

I just got an email from KCC that my ds230 part1 form is incomplete.
Q10 and Q11 .
US address. I left it blank when i sent my papers in, because it was optional and i didn't had an address than.
I must have forgot to put N/A there.
So now i have to complete the forms, but i have no idea how.
Is it enough to reply to the email with case number etc and the answers to the questions?
Or do i have to fill in a DS230 with only the 2 answers filled out?
The email is not clear on that.

This is what i got:

The DS-230 Part 1 you submitted for the principal applicant was incomplete. In order to continue processing your visa application the following information for the Principal Applicant must be completed and returned to Kentucky Consular Center. Please include your case number, Principal Applicant’s name, and complete date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY):
• DS-230 Part 1, Question #10 & 11, US address for the principal applicant was not received

And some personal info but this is the important part. I have my DS form filled out and saved on my computer so i can just update those addresses and send the whole form again?

Hi,

The DS-230 Part 1 you submitted for the principal applicant was incomplete. In order to continue processing your visa application the following information for the Principal Applicant must be completed and returned to Kentucky Consular Center. Please include your case number, Principal Applicant’s name, and complete date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY):
• DS-230 Part 1, Question #10 & 11, US address for the principal applicant was not received

And some personal info but this is the important part. I have my DS form filled out and saved on my computer so i can just update those addresses and send the whole form again?

I would simply add the missing info if you can edit the PDF copy on your computer (or otherwise fill it out again from scratch) and then send it to them in the mail with a cover letter and a copy of their email you just received with their request.

From your first post I gather that your CN is 26xxx, so you have still about 6 months time before you can expect an interview (my estimate).

Hi,

I just got an email from KCC that my ds230 part1 form is incomplete.
Q10 and Q11 .
US address. I left it blank when i sent my papers in, because it was optional and i didn't had an address than.
I must have forgot to put N/A there.
So now i have to complete the forms, but i have no idea how.
Is it enough to reply to the email with case number etc and the answers to the questions?
Or do i have to fill in a DS230 with only the 2 answers filled out?
The email is not clear on that.

This is what i got:

With what date do complete the new Form DSP230? That my friend was told to be filled with date of completion for the first time because the form DSP 230 is reserved by that date.

With what date do complete the new Form DSP230? That my friend was told to be filled with date of completion for the first time because the form DSP 230 is reserved by that date.

Fill out the DS-230 form again from the beginning and email it back to KCC, you do not have to send it by post mail or courier. And no, the information about the DS form being reserved by date is is a little bit misleading, so you can use the current date on the form, the new form will be included with the other items you already sent to KCC.

Fill out the DS-230 form again from the beginning and email it back to KCC, you do not have to send it by post mail or courier. And no, the information about the DS form being reserved by date is is a little bit misleading, so you can use the current date on the form, the new form will be included with the other items you already sent to KCC.

So its enough to send just the updated PDF to KCC via email?
There is a box where you have to sign the DS form. Is it gonna be a problem?
I updated the info they need, and modified the dates too. It would be easier to just send it by email,because it is so much faster tahn regular mail...

Yes, sending back the form via email is acceptable. For the signature section, you can print out the form, sign with a pen and scan it, then email the scanned copy back to KCC (be sure to fill out all the required sections on the form as this will be used to replace your previously sent form). Alternatively, you can also type in your full name in the signature section, I don't think that will create any problem either. Choose whichever option you're most comfortable with.

Sooooo.....I can't even remember how far I once went back to check on historic visa bulletin cut-off numbers, but I've just gone through each and every month from 2008 to date.

Looks like I was right from start in guessing our number (35xxx) will not be current prior to August of next year ... along with all other remaining hopefuls!

With Jan 2013 seeing a rather tiny increase of just 700 (from 12,500), January's 13,200 seem a bit low, compared with 2008 (15,400), 2009 (19,750), 2010 (15,400) and 2011 (16,500) ...... (2012 with 10,950 was even lower than DV2014's Jan number).

The fact of having a higher CN takes a toll on my optimism at times, as this means we'll really only learn at the very last minute, around mid Aug to beginning of Sep if we will be invited for an interview. At the moment, I am not feeling that confident that numbers above 33k will have a high chance - remember, it is not more visas that are available this time, just more people in the pool.

Anyhow, we are more than likely not going to just sit and wait and hope any longer ... we have "kind of" decided to return to Australia in the next few months for a few reasons. At least, if we end up empty handed on the DV thing, we won't have wasted any more time here in the EU (we hate northern winters!).

Anyone else feeling a little discouraged now and then, wishing they could take better control of their life and make plans despite the uncertainty of things?

Sooooo.....I can't even remember how far I once went back to check on historic visa bulletin cut-off numbers, but I've just gone through each and every month from 2008 to date.

Looks like I was right from start in guessing our number (35xxx) will not be current prior to August of next year ... along with all other remaining hopefuls!

With Jan 2013 seeing a rather tiny increase of just 700 (from 12,500), January's 13,200 seem a bit low, compared with 2008 (15,400), 2009 (19,750), 2010 (15,400) and 2011 (16,500) ...... (2012 with 10,950 was even lower than DV2014's Jan number).

The fact of having a higher CN takes a toll on my optimism at times, as this means we'll really only learn at the very last minute, around mid Aug to beginning of Sep if we will be invited for an interview. At the moment, I am not feeling that confident that numbers above 33k will have a high chance - remember, it is not more visas that are available this time, just more people in the pool.

Anyhow, we are more than likely not going to just sit and wait and hope any longer ... we have "kind of" decided to return to Australia in the next few months for a few reasons. At least, if we end up empty handed on the DV thing, we won't have wasted any more time here in the EU (we hate northern winters!).

Anyone else feeling a little discouraged now and then, wishing they could take better control of their life and make plans despite the uncertainty of things?

I am still utterly convinced that numbers up to 40k are safe. How high about that we go depends partly on the NACARA situation.

However, since I am sitting here waiting for 31k to come up AND at the same time I am waiting for USCIS to stop dicking around and issue me an H1 (Yes, still not approved) I can totally relate to your last sentence...

I am still utterly convinced that numbers up to 40k are safe. How high about that we go depends partly on the NACARA situation.

However, since I am sitting here waiting for 31k to come up AND at the same time I am waiting for USCIS to stop dicking around and issue me an H1 (Yes, still not approved) I can totally relate to your last sentence...

Weren't you meant to be over there in October already? When was your employment contract meant to start? Crossing my fingers for you that it will all resolve for you very soon. The longer the H1 drags on, the less sense it makes in the light of a GC "a few months later".

What about the NACARA act? Are there any changes planned and those extra 5k channeled back into the pool?

Weren't you meant to be over there in October already? When was your employment contract meant to start? Crossing my fingers for you that it will all resolve for you very soon. The longer the H1 drags on, the less sense it makes in the light of a GC "a few months later".

What about the NACARA act? Are there any changes planned and those extra 5k channeled back into the pool?

Yeah, the H1 was requested to start on Oct 1. I am supposed to be working for my brothers company (who happens to be in a very similar area of software consulting to me), but USCIS seem to think this is more nepotism than commercial need/interest. The latest RFE is an allegation from USCIOS is that I am actually a partner in my brothers business. I never have been and have no interest in being a partner but USCIS have a bee in thir bonnet about that for some mysterious reason. The lawyer is "outraged" but still happy to charge $250 per hour just to be angry. As you say, at this point the value is diminishing rapidly.

I had posted something about NACARA. I'll find it, but the short answer is that I believe the NACARA demand must be dwindling - and under the rules, those unused visas from the 5k would be available for DV. That would explain why we have seen numbers of issued visas of over 50k in some recent years and it would change our assumptions about where the cutoff would fall.

Edit: Found it - read post 17 in this thread.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?563044-Nacara-nigaragua

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

What happens if I dont receive 2NL in spite of my number became current in Visa Bulletin ?

Oh I hear you... This is such an horrible feeling. Workaholism is the best drug I've found ;)

Thanks! Still, if any of the 5k drip into the pool of available DV visas, great... it may push the luck our way ... yet still I think it will definitely NOT be prior to August for someone like us to be invited for an interview, to take place at the beginning of Sep maybe.

BTW...any news on the healthcare front (Obamacare)?

That is no drip - that is a 10% increase over what we thought was available!! Comparing to DV2013 CEAC data that would mean a lot more case numbers.

I'd have a cheeky bet that EU35 might just squeeze into July...

Obamacare seems like a good option for a lot of people. The cheapest plans come with high deductables, but in general I thing Obamacare is going to be good in the short and longer term.

Ah, I thought you meant not all of the 5k NACARA were being taken up and as such, a portion only of it was coming into the DV pool. If it's a 10% increase, well yes...that is a big thing! And thanks for the optimism ;)

Personally, after what I have heard and read about the Obamacare, it seems a complete failure.
Before I understood what exactly it is, I was asking myself why so many Americans were strictly against it...in a nation with poor healthcare coverage for many and a system that allows doctors and hospitals to essentially charge what they want.

Then after I realized that it is still a purely private health insurance companies based system, with Obama simply mandating that they all have to now include certain things that people were able to exclude before, and that he forces them to insure everyone no matter what, of course premiums would skyrocket even further.

But from all bad comes some good...so I believe it is at least a catapult to a better system, one that will eventually provide a basic Medicare system for all, similar to Australia (I hope).

Ah, I thought you meant not all of the 5k NACARA were being taken up and as such, a portion only of it was coming into the DV pool. If it's a 10% increase, well yes...that is a big thing! And thanks for the optimism ;)

Personally, after what I have heard and read about the Obamacare, it seems a complete failure.
Before I understood what exactly it is, I was asking myself why so many Americans were strictly against it...in a nation with poor healthcare coverage for many and a system that allows doctors and hospitals to essentially charge what they want.

Then after I realized that it is still a purely private health insurance companies based system, with Obama simply mandating that they all have to now include certain things that people were able to exclude before, and that he forces them to insure everyone no matter what, of course premiums would skyrocket even further.

But from all bad comes some good...so I believe it is at least a catapult to a better system, one that will eventually provide a basic Medicare system for all, similar to Australia (I hope).

Prior to Obamacare there were around 30Million uninsured people. When those people got hit by a car, they were still treated and the costs factored in to everyone elses' premiuims. One aspect of Obamacare is an attempt to mandate that everyone pays - so I don't think premiums for others should increase.

Also they did try and implement a single payer system, BUT the Dems had to back down on that to get some changes through. So, this is NOT perfect by any means, but it is a good start down the right path...