• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Europe Winner-High Case Number

My case number is EU33XXX. What do you guys think are my chances to get an interview? Thank you.

Sorry, but I don't think you understand it right. As long as it stays "Current", everyone who has submitted their documents and were approved, will get an interview appointment. I didn't say that everyone who has and WILL submit. Obviously there isn't room for all the 100k selectees as there are only 50k visas. I'm just saying, if at anytime you did submit your docs and they were alright, if your region becomes Current, you will get an interview call up.

Once visas are up, status will change from Current to UNAVAILABLE, therefore no more visas are available and anyone wishing to submit their documents at this later stage can no longer receive an interview appointment. Hence the "Based on visa availability" in my previous post.

Cheers

Look at 2010 and 2011. All numbers were current for september. And the quotas were overfilled for both years. That contradicts to what you are saying.

Thank you. I thought you can send your application anytime but you don't get contacted until there is availability.
First of all, the definition of current is in fact different

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf

If there are sufficient numbers in a particular category to satisfy all reported documentarily
qualified demand, the category is considered "Current". For example: If the monthly allocation
target is 3,000 and we only have demand for 1,000 applicants the category can be "Current”.

However, something is not working right with this definition. Most of the problems are frequent overfilling of regional quotas and eventually overfilling of world quotas.
I am not using any formal definition, I use it the way I fill. The way I fill that fits into the system, so that I do not see my internal contradictions, or at least see the least amount of those.

Another contradiction. Visa bulletin for September 2009 states cutoff for Egypt as 22900 (while much larger numbers exist, like for July cutoff was 48,700 for Africa)
However, per country quota for Egypt for 2009 is significantly underfilled (3253 out of 3500).

So, the process does not work exactly as described, that is clear. Also, I remember from back years there were people on forums who complained no interview were scheduled for them until the end of fiscal year even when their number was under cutoff at some point.
Actually, there were lawsuits exactly about that. For instance, Iddir vs. INS http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...upp2d1250_11299.xml&docbase=CSLWAR2-1986-2006 , DV-1998, all numbers for september were current, but no interview was scheduled for iddir
For AOS you can go to court and get a denial, for consular processing you cannot go to court.

Another thing. Let's take DV-2013. Cutoff for EU for June is 31000 while there are no numbers open higher than EU 30800. The same thing for SA. Cutoff is 1300, and numbers and at 1285. In DV-2012 cutoff for EU for one of the months was 40,000 while there were no open numbers above 32,000. Weren't they supposed to be current instead according to the definition mentioned?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing. Let's take DV-2013. Cutoff for EU for June is 31000 while there are no numbers open higher than EU 30800. The same thing for SA. Cutoff is 1300, and numbers and at 1285. In DV-2012 cutoff for EU for one of the months was 40,000 while there were no open numbers above 32,000. Weren't they supposed to be current instead according to the definition mentioned?

Cheers

im confused ;/ what do you expect for case number EU40xxx DV2014 ? ;/ pls tell me that i have even small chance :)

Close to the borderline between those who get the visa and those who do not (because of exhaustion)

Close to the borderline between those who get the visa and those who do not (because of exhaustion)

My case number is 188** i have a chance at least for a interview right ?

And i'm 19 i did a one person application just for my self ..... so what forms should i send to kcc im really confused
i see here DSP - 122 and the DS 230 part I and II ! So i was thinking should i send both forms or just the first one and how exactly ? With email or with dhl .... ?

I saw you have some pretty good knowledge about this kind of stuff so the last question is

if i don't have any1 to sponsorship me in usa , what should i do

Thanks very kind:eek::)

The reason is they decided to no longer hide high numbers. They used to hide them before, because most of them will not get visas any way. I guess they ended this practice because of legal reasons, but I am not 100% sure about the reason
i am sorry sir but there no somthing called hidden numbers and thery never ever hide any numbers in the past

They did it almost every year, including DV-2013.
this is not true sir you can see my number how big 73XXX , i hope to stop frustrating and depressing every winner with a high case number because you put them under high pressure and stress i been the same situation and i spend many days reading evey single word her so please stop your math equation you are doing all the cases will be current by september every year.

In DV-2012 Bengladesh produced a lot of junk numbers, so that is why your number was so high. With hidden numbers maximum number for Asia was about 140K. Yours was just one half of that, surely you got a visa.

In DV-2012 Bengladesh produced a lot of junk numbers, so that is why your number was so high. With hidden numbers maximum number for Asia was about 140K. Yours was just one half of that, surely you got a visa.

sorry sir but that is not true at all and my number was current in 6/2012 the case numbers never ever been more that 105628 in all the dv hustory since 1994