• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of the problem is that in deep south many people are anti immigrant at heart. They will jump to any excuse and drag their feet to let one immigrant less in, whether they are a USCIS employee or an H-1B's manager.

Sort of a blanket statement there, but sadly enough there are people like that out there.

A part of the problem is that in deep south many people are anti immigrant at heart. They will jump to any excuse and drag their feet to let one immigrant less in, whether they are a USCIS employee or an H-1B's manager.

Sort of a blanket statement there, but sadly enough there are people like that out there.

Did my interview this morning. It was totally disaster. The officer told me that I should apply for OPT since I graduated last December. However, I applied for my EAD card through the lottery. He said that are totally difference cards. Do any of you guys have this problem before? Everything else are fine.
You filed for AOS in November or before, so it was well before your graduation. OPT shouldn't matter because as soon as you filed your AOS you have pending status. You need to fight this case with the help of a competent immigration lawyer.

I have a question guys about AOS fees , do I have to send only $330 , or $1070 before sending form i485 . Thank u ???????

You are required to initially send in $330 per person to DOS before filing. Then when you are ready to file, you will include a check for $1070 per person with your I-485 package.

I got my fingerprints done today! They just took my fingerprints and a picture. They just gave me my letter wih a stamp on it. Is it how it should be??? Thanks

Hey stranger! :cool:

I've always been a big supporter of "maintain your F status until the day of the interview". Yes, there may not always be need for the case to end up in court because lawyers know how to handle situations like this, however if USCIS is determined to frustrate this case, they can drag their butts on making a final decision until the FY is over, and there's nothing a lawyer can do once that happens. It's not a situation a DV applicant wants to find him/herself. In this OP's case, well he's got nothing to loose at this stage, so he might as well explore that option if indeed his denial was based on status.
Also, the cost of OPT pales in comparison to lawyer fees, especially when the lawyer has to file a mandamus suit due to the time-sensitive nature of DV. We're talking $5K minimum here.

Hi, this page made me sad and terrified and confused :( feel sorry for sliew

I am in CPT, working, graduating in May. My packet was accepted on Jan last week, and did my bio somewhere around Feb 3rd week.
I applied for EAD with my I485 but I included only 2 photo so it might be delayed as well... After going through recent posts getting EAD does not seem to be something to rely on.... what do you think I should do?? any suggestions?? Everything would be hopefully ok if I had interveiw before May but my Field office has max processing time and there is little chance it will be before May.

Any suggestion would be great help... thanks

Dear all,

I'm applying for AOS and I'm currently on H1B. I used to have a J visa quite a few years ago (it's not even in my new passport). I have my old passport and the visa in it, but is there anything else that I may be asked to provide to prove that I was in a good status? The visa is from 2006, when I came to the US on a Work & Travel exchange program. I don't have any documents left from back then. I know for F-1 visas it's I-20, for H1B it's the approval notice, and what about J? Do you think I need to worry about it? They already checked on it when they were issuing my H1B.

Another question - do you think smaller size FO's and ASC's normally process everything faster than bigger ones? Or is it hard to tell?

Thank you!

hello everyone
Please what are the documents to be attached with the form 1-134(affidavit of support), when attending an interview?

Thank you so much. You are really supportive. Fortunately, on my birth-certificate and their passport the spelling is the same. But in our marriage certificate it is not the same as their passport. Do you think I need to re-translate our marriage certificate?

Go with the correct spelling, which I assumed is what is listed on their passports and your birth certificate.

USCIS Processing Time Information for our
Washington DC Field Office

Posted: March 18, 2014

Instructions on Using the Table
Below is a chart that shows the Form Number, Form Name and Processing Times for all of the forms that are processed at that office. (Note that not all offices process all types of applications and petitions.)

Find the particular form number (in the left column) or form name (in the center column) in which you are interested. In the right column you will find either a timeframe in months or an exact date.

If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state "Five Months"). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., "April 10, 2003") of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month.

IMPORTANT: If your receipt notice date is earlier than the processing date shown, we suggest you call our USCIS Customer Service Office at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance.

We offer a variety of services after you file. For example, for most kinds of cases you can check the status of your case online.

Field Office Processing Dates for Washington DC as of: January 31, 2014
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status August 27, 2013
N-400 Application for Naturalization July 31, 2013
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship 5 Months

do u think i can succeed if i apply now?

USCIS Processing Time Information for our
Washington DC Field Office

Posted: March 18, 2014

Instructions on Using the Table
Below is a chart that shows the Form Number, Form Name and Processing Times for all of the forms that are processed at that office. (Note that not all offices process all types of applications and petitions.)

Find the particular form number (in the left column) or form name (in the center column) in which you are interested. In the right column you will find either a timeframe in months or an exact date.

If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state "Five Months"). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., "April 10, 2003") of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month.

IMPORTANT: If your receipt notice date is earlier than the processing date shown, we suggest you call our USCIS Customer Service Office at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance.

We offer a variety of services after you file. For example, for most kinds of cases you can check the status of your case online.

Field Office Processing Dates for Washington DC as of: January 31, 2014
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status August 27, 2013
N-400 Application for Naturalization July 31, 2013
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship 5 Months

do u think i can succeed if i apply now?

DV cases are relatively simple, so there s time if you are now current. However, what about your b1/b2 visa - you must be in status to do aos, you must not over stay!

Here is an update from our recent visit to DC FO:

It went almost better than always!! We went there yesterday for INFOPASS and talked to the supervisor that I saw in the hallway asking about previous meeting that we had we him. I told him that we were supposed to receive the interview letters within 30 to 45 days but it is passed that and we have not received it yet. He noted that you need to be patient and every thing is going to be OK. we will take care of DV lottery cases fairly soon and etc. Again, I explained about the DV visa numbers and time limit and he said you should be fine and we don't let it go too far. He, then advised me to talk to the officer based on my appointment ticket to check the status. We talked to the officer and the officer checked with the supervisor that has our cases. It seems to be very promising. She very positively said that we are going to be scheduled sometime between today and tomorrow and ILs will be received up to two weeks. So, finally I thought they gave us a certain answer.

Thank you

DV winner 2014As11XXX CP or AOS

Hi all,

My husband is principle applicant 2014AS11XXX . We are in USA on F1 I would like to know what way is best for us AOS or CP. If he choosed to go for CP can he only go or we all 4 family members should go there? due to many reasons , If he decided to go alone with out family, will his visa GC denied in CP? at the same time can we 3 mem do AOS here? Also he had work off campus and filled tax , does that matter in CP processing?

Thank you.

Hi, this page made me sad and terrified and confused :( feel sorry for sliew

I am in CPT, working, graduating in May. My packet was accepted on Jan last week, and did my bio somewhere around Feb 3rd week.
I applied for EAD with my I485 but I included only 2 photo so it might be delayed as well... After going through recent posts getting EAD does not seem to be something to rely on.... what do you think I should do?? any suggestions?? Everything would be hopefully ok if I had interveiw before May but my Field office has max processing time and there is little chance it will be before May.

Any suggestion would be great help... thanks

Not quite sure what you mean by "getting EAD does not seem to be something to rely on...." The EAD card is usually received within 2/3 months of sending in the package, but of course in your case, I don't know if you will receive it or not since you only included 2 passport photos instead of 4. Of course the 2 photos intended for the GC will actually not be used for the GC, the picture taken during the bio appointment is what will be used for the GC. But I guess they still use the pictures to confirm the applicant is the applicant is the same person showing up for the interview. If I'm not mistaken, upon graduation you're no longer eligible for CPT, right? You will of course continue to be in status if you've not had your interview and a final decision by the time you graduate in May. Of course you can't take up an offer of employment without the EAD card after that.

Dear all,

I'm applying for AOS and I'm currently on H1B. I used to have a J visa quite a few years ago (it's not even in my new passport). I have my old passport and the visa in it, but is there anything else that I may be asked to provide to prove that I was in a good status? The visa is from 2006, when I came to the US on a Work & Travel exchange program. I don't have any documents left from back then. I know for F-1 visas it's I-20, for H1B it's the approval notice, and what about J? Do you think I need to worry about it? They already checked on it when they were issuing my H1B.

Another question - do you think smaller size FO's and ASC's normally process everything faster than bigger ones? Or is it hard to tell?

Thank you!

Don't sweat it if you no longer have any evidence of your J1 status from back in 2006, that infomation is already in their system. Just make sure you remember the duration of your stay and whatever you did back then just in case they ask about it.

Yes, it's hard to tell whether smaller FO's process faster than those in bigger cities or those covering a wider jusrisdiction. One would ideally think that should be the case, but then if such smaller FO is not quite familiar with DV cases, the possibility of treating it like a regular AOS application could be high.

You'll need to include your a form of ID from the sponsor, this could be the informational page of their US passport or GC, whichever is applicable. If your sponsor is not a USC, then the informational page of whatever country's passport they hold, and a copy of their L1 or H1B visa. You'll also need their W2 or IRS Returns, bank statement or account verification letter from their bank. Other documents may include their employment verification letter.

hello everyone
Please what are the documents to be attached with the form 1-134(affidavit of support), when attending an interview?

Thank you so much. You are really supportive. Fortunately, on my birth-certificate and their passport the spelling is the same. But in our marriage certificate it is not the same as their passport. Do you think I need to re-translate our marriage certificate?

That may not be a bad idea. It's not like you will be presenting your parent's passport though, thedocument that really counts is your birth certificate. However, since you're presenting a translated copy of your marriage certificate and the person translating is supposed to attest to the fact that they're fluent in the language it is being translated from, then you don't want them to begin to wonder if the translation is accurate to start with. So yes, I will go with getting a new translated copy if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.