• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey peeps

Im trying to get a sense of how long between sending the AOS package to interview date its taking for the New York office? I had a look at the google spreadsheet but there is scant information entered for New York. Just Alisa and Temiroff which are incomplete.

If anyone has had their interview in New York can you please let me know how many days elapsed between sending the AOS package to Chicago and the date of your interview. I have a high CN and Im trying to get a sense whether processing will be possible if I become current in July-September.

Obviously sending the package in early due to the uscis memo will help a great deal but if Im current in September will shooting off my AOS package after the VB comes out around 10 July give me enough time to be processed by Sept 30? That is the big question...

Not sure which year's spreadsheet you've been looking at, but these 2 below have complete information about the New York FO:

2011 Timelines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKu6h5UN&key=0AqkGkUb-_3uxdE5oQjJDVlpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

2013 Timelines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

Sending in your package in July is worth a trial, it's going to have you sitting on pins and needles, possibility of repeated calls to USCIS (sometimes getting stuck with rude USCIS reps on the phone) and infopass appointments (dealing with clueless 1st level reps when it comes to DV-based AOS applications), grinding your teeth and constant checking of case updates, etc. If you're psyched up and emotionally prepared to handle all of these, then I believe it's do-able. But, it's your call.

Not sure which year's spreadsheet you've been looking at, but these 2 below have complete information about the New York FO:

2011 Timelines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKu6h5UN&key=0AqkGkUb-_3uxdE5oQjJDVlpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

2013 Timelines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

Sending in your package in July is worth a trial, it's going to have you sitting on pins and needles, possibility of repeated calls to USCIS (sometimes getting stuck with rude USCIS reps on the phone) and infopass appointments (dealing with clueless 1st level reps when it comes to DV-based AOS applications), grinding your teeth and constant checking of case updates, etc. If you're psyched up and emotionally prepared to handle all of these, then I believe it's do-able. But, it's your call.

The added wrinkle this year will be the cutoffs, global or regional. I think KCC are "rationing" the visas to some extent, to make sure there will be some visas left in September, however, it is possible that we hit the global limit some time in September and then uninterviewed aos cases will be out of luck. So, along with all the emotionally preparedness that Mom mentions, you need to try to get processed in early September rather than late September.

Oh D'oh! I was looking at the 2014 spreadsheet. Thanks for the links to the prior years.

I am considering swapping to CP but.... if for some reason I didnt get the GC (eg limit reached) I am super worried that I couldnt get back to the US (I would likely be in the "grace period" after the expiry of my F1 OPT when Im meant to be making arrangements to leave the US) and with an apartment and a dog in the U.S. that would be a BIG problem. I would need to get back into the US to end my lease, sell my furniture and make arrangements to send my furbaby back to Australia.

Honestly I dont know what to do. Maybe wait for another VB and then decide.....ugh....

2011 Timelines:

2013 Timelines:

Hi guys, please see if you have any input to these questions I have...

1) I dont have an original birth certificate. All I have is a certified copy from my state's office in my home country. The state I was born in keep the original. I heard even in the US, some states do keep the original with them and issue certified copies upon request. I would like to know if somebody had a similar experience. I dont know if this can be a serious issue with the IO when I'm interviewed.
2) If the Field Office has requested my file from KCC does it mean that I will be getting my IL soon? I'm trying to predict the interview date by every available clue..hehehe....

Thanks

while filling out form i-485 I noticed that I do not know which box I should select in part-2. My husband is the principal applicant and I am the dependent. Can anyone help me with that?

while filling out form i-485 I noticed that I do not know which box I should select in part-2. My husband is the principal applicant and I am the dependent. Can anyone help me with that?

Select 'H' for your husband and 'B' for yourself. Also write/type the following in front of your husband's selection: "DV Lottery Selectee Notification Letter Attached"

Hi Aria,
The information you provided here is very helpful to me. I'm thinking about having I-134 ready, I did'nt send it with my 485 package. I dont know if its ok to take it to the interview by hand. Is it possible to let me know the complete list of all the documents you had for I-134. I saw you mentioned W-2s and tax transcripts..what else? Do you have to go with the sponsor to the interview? what did you do?

Thanks

@bulldogchild:

Yes, for sure you can hand in the I-134 form when you go to the interview.
You should have: form I-134 (singed by your sponsor, preferably 2 signed copies if you are couple); a proof showing financial resources of your sponsor (e.g. a recent bank statement and maybe a recent payslip, and maybe an employment contract: all related to your sponsor); copy of a document (e.g. front page of the sponsor's passport) showing that your sponsor is a permanent residence or a citizen, W-2 and tax returns of past three years of your sponsor.
Note1: some of these documents may not be necessary, but when you receive the interview letter you see almost all mentioned document in the interview letter. So, I think it's a good idea if you can arrange to have the mentioned documents.
Note2: I know it's not really easy to convince your sponsor to provide you all the mentioned documents. For me it was the most difficult and troublesome section!
Look at my last updates about my interview experience.

Hello people :)
Here's the followup on my interview.
I guess I'm GREEN!
I received a call from the interviewing officer to meet her today. She said, we can go ahead with I-134 (she didn't say she'd made a mistake, but I think implicitly she meant it!). Anyhow, she just wanted to see the originally signed I-134 forms (and she wanted to have 2 signed copies of the form, one for me and one for my wife). She reviewed all the documents one more time and then she mentioned that we are good to go! That was all. She didn't give me any letter indicating that the case is officially approved (I asked her about that but she said it's not needed), she finally mentioned we should receive the GC within 2 to 3 weeks. Yay!!
Lets hope that I'm REALLY GREEN :)
I'm so thankful to all you experts in this forum, without your help it was not easy to go through the application process.
Special thanks to Sm1smom, C1984, fiefia, and others who took time to listen to my stories.

Good luck everybody :) I cross my fingers for your success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the input. So, you suggest I resend DSP-122 to KCC with my new address. I hope that will not cause any confusion as DSP-122 sent twice under the same case number. Or should I just contact them by phone or email before taking any action?

I don't think it's going to cause a confusion. I did the same thing. But when I was sending email to KCC (to send the new DSP form), I explained in the body of the email the reason that I was re-sending the new DSP form. As far as I remember, KCC instructed me that the only way to update the address is to re-send the form DSP-122.
But here's my final point: I don't think you have to update KCC about change of your address (I don't think it's really required at this time), but for sure you have to put your new address in the form I-485 and related forms.
Note: You can give a call to KCC and ask them if you need to let them know about change of your address.

for sheez! Did you not see my previous response to your post? Sending an updated dsp-122 to kcc is a complete waste of time! Uscis doesn't give a hoot about the address on that form or the address on your dv payment receipt either. The only address they will use in communicating with you is whatever you have on the i-485 and the rest of the forms you're submitting. The new address is useless to kcc. But hey, what do i know!

agree :)

Yihaaaw! I just did a mental back flip after reading your post. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad your IO realized her error and followed up with you to successfully complete your case. Enjoy your new status!

Hello people :)
Here's the followup on my interview.
I guess I'm GREEN!
I received a call from the interviewing officer to meet her today. She said, we can go ahead with I-134 (she didn't say she'd made a mistake, but I think implicitly she meant it!). Anyhow, she just wanted to see the originally signed I-134 forms (and she wanted to have 2 signed copy of the form, one for me and one for my wife). She reviewed all the documents one more time and then she mentioned that we are good to go! That was all. She didn't give me any letter indicating that the case is officially approved (I asked her about that but she said it's not needed), she finally mentioned we should receive the GC within 2 to 3 weeks. Yay!!
Lets hope that I'm REALLY GREEN :)
I'm so thankful to all you experts in this forum, without your help it was not easy to go through the application process.
Special thanks to Sm1smom, C1984, fiefia, and others who took time to listen to my stories.

Good luck everybody :) I cross my fingers for your success.

Yihaaaw! I just did a mental back flip after reading your post. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad your IO realized her error and followed up with you to successfully complete your case. Enjoy your new status!

Sm1smom: YOU ARE THE MOST SUPPORTING virtual friend I have ever had :D THANKS a lot for all your supports and guidance.

1. Just one copy should be fine. The I-134 is for the main applicant but it covers the applicant's dependents too.

2. If your friend is either a USC, LPR, or a non-immigrant on L1 or H1B visa, he/she can fill out an I-134 for you.

3. If you're about to show roughly about $20,000.00 in your account, you should be fine. An I-130 will come in very handy if you don't have enough money in your account. Hope you realize if either of you use your EAD card while your interview is pending, you're no longer in F1/F2 status, and God forbid, if your interview is not successful, you can't go back to the F status.

Thank you so much Sm1smom,

Do you think is it possible to show both my wife and my parents bank account statement in our country?? My bank amount now is less than $10,000.00 and my interview is coming in the beginning of next month. My parents told me transferring $$ to my US bank account may take a long time. (They might have their problems...)

Thank you for your reply:)

Status
Not open for further replies.