• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
My awesome friends and support group: The status updated just now to CPO for both of us. :) Very Happy.
I dont know if this was due to our infopass today morning or just a co-incidence but who cares.... :), now just awaiting the card by USPS....

Thanks again everyone (specially sm1smom, spice, ralf, romerro, c1984 etc.) for the faith and confidence. :)

Congrats! That's great. Enjoy! :)

Some questions

Dear all,

I have just registered on this forum and found a lot of useful information. However, I have some specific questions that are difficult to find answers to. There are too many pages to read through. Please don't think I'm lazy! I just thought that maybe someone could help me with these questions, if you have the time.

I was selected for DV 2014 in May. I'm now in the US on H1B status (temporary worker) valid until 2016.

Here are some questions that I have:

1) Considering that my CN is EU23xxx, and the cut-off number in the March bulletin is 25,400, does it mean I can apply for AOS right now? Or do I need to wait until March? It is very confusing and I just want to make sure.

2) When I called KCC, they said they don't determine eligibility to apply for AOS, and that they can't give me any email confirmation. They said all I need to enclose in my AOS application packet is the DV fee payment confirmation and the barcode. Does it make sense to you? Or do you think I'd better push them for an email confirmation? Sometimes those people don't really know what they're talking about.

I also went to my local USCIS office and they confirmed that I'm eligible as long as I made a legal entry to the US, but they still didn't give me any written confirmation.

3) It is a silly questions, but can I send a copy of my university degree, and not a copy of my school diploma, to confirm my eligibility to be selected in DV?

4) In the spreadsheet file with the checklist for things to include in the AOS application packet posted on this forum (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=1), there's a section "Evidence of Financial Support" with items like bank statements and tax return forms. Does it apply to me? It doesn't say "optional" or "if applicable". If yes, what kind of bank statement should it be?

5) If I have a bunch of previously issued US visas (F-1, J), do you think it's a good idea to enclose their copies too? Or shall I only enclose a copy of my current H1B visa?

Guys, thank you very much in advance for your help! If you could briefly answer these questions, you would help me out A LOT!

Looking forward to your reply!

I have infopass for 20th. Looks like they are getting flooded with DV cases now :)

I went to Dallas FO today, and all I could get from them was that they are processing it and will call me in a day or two. I think they called me today once, but I was not able to pick the phone up, so missed that too. But the good news is, I got the interview letter in my mail today for March 24th. Looks like Dallas is waking up guys :) :)

I went to Dallas FO today, and all I could get from them was that they are processing it and will call me in a day or two. I think they called me today once, but I was not able to pick the phone up, so missed that too. But the good news is, I got the interview letter in my mail today for March 24th. Looks like Dallas is waking up guys :) :)

Hello everyone,
i went for my info pass today at the atlanta field office in georgia.the officer i meant told me that my case was just assigned to an officer on the 19th of feb,2014, which was yesterday. I tried to find out how long it will take for me to be interviewed but the officer told me she does not know about that.please does anyone know how long it will take to get an il?

Dear all,

I have just registered on this forum and found a lot of useful information. However, I have some specific questions that are difficult to find answers to. There are too many pages to read through. Please don't think I'm lazy! I just thought that maybe someone could help me with these questions, if you have the time.

I was selected for DV 2014 in May. I'm now in the US on H1B status (temporary worker) valid until 2016.

1) Considering that my CN is EU23xxx, and the cut-off number in the March bulletin is 25,400, does it mean I can apply for AOS right now? Or do I need to wait until March? It is very confusing and I just want to make sure.

2) When I called KCC, they said they don't determine eligibility to apply for AOS, and that they can't give me any email confirmation. They said all I need to enclose in my AOS application packet is the DV fee payment confirmation and the barcode. Does it make sense to you? Or do you think I'd better push them for an email confirmation? Sometimes those people don't really know what they're talking about.

I also went to my local USCIS office and they confirmed that I'm eligible as long as I made a legal entry to the US, but they still didn't give me any written confirmation.

3) It is a silly questions, but can I send a copy of my university degree, and not a copy of my school diploma, to confirm my eligibility to be selected in DV?

4) In the spreadsheet file with the checklist for things to include in the AOS application packet posted on this forum (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=1), there's a section "Evidence of Financial Support" with items like bank statements and tax return forms. Does it apply to me? It doesn't say "optional" or "if applicable". If yes, what kind of bank statement should it be?

5) If I have a bunch of previously issued US visas (F-1, J), do you think it's a good idea to enclose their copies too? Or shall I only enclose a copy of my current H1B visa?

Guys, thank you very much in advance for your help! If you could briefly answer these questions, you would help me out A LOT!

1. Yes, you can send in your I-485 package now, you don't have to wait till March. Have you done your medical exam already? Hope you're aware the result of the medical exam has to be included with the I-485 package.

2. Did you send back your form DSP-122 to KCC, following your selection, indicating that you will be doing AOS? If you did, regardless of what they say on the phone, KCC will email an acknowledgment/confirmation letter to you. This is what those doing AOS refer to as the 2NL. You can't push them to issue that letter to you, they will send it whenever they're done processing the form that you send back to them.

*USCIS does not issue written confirmation letter*

3. You need to include a copy of the HS Diploma in your own best interest. Some IOs have insisted on seeing it in the past.

4. Yes, evidence of financial support applies to you. You can either ask your bank to issue you an account verification letter or use copies of your monthly account statements.

5. Yes, you need to include copies of previously issued visas and the current one.

Awesome! Good news at last. Good for you!!

Hello everyone,
i went for my info pass today at the atlanta field office in georgia.the officer i meant told me that my case was just assigned to an officer on the 19th of feb,2014, which was yesterday. I tried to find out how long it will take for me to be interviewed but the officer told me she does not know about that.please does anyone know how long it will take to get an il?

No one, except for your FO can say precisely when you're likely to get your IL. So hang in there!

That cut off is for April. I was advised to wait until at least March 1. Or I am getting things mixed up? :)

Fiefia (girly girl:) )

1. Yes, you can send in your I-485 package now, you don't have to wait till March. Have you done your medical exam already? Hope you're aware the result of the medical exam has to be included with the I-485 package.

2. Did you send back your form DSP-122 to KCC, following your selection, indicating that you will be doing AOS? If you did, regardless of what they say on the phone, KCC will email an acknowledgment/confirmation letter to you. This is what those doing AOS refer to as the 2NL. You can't push them to issue that letter to you, they will send it whenever they're done processing the form that you send back to them.

*USCIS does not issue written confirmation letter*

3. You need to include a copy of the HS Diploma in your own best interest. Some IOs have insisted on seeing it in the past.

4. Yes, evidence of financial support applies to you. You can either ask your bank to issue you an account verification letter or use copies of your monthly account statements.

5. Yes, you need to include copies of previously issued visas and the current one.

Very Nice!!! I am also waiting for good news from Dallas FO.

That cut off is for April. I was advised to wait until at least March 1. Or I am getting things mixed up? :)

Fiefia (girly girl:) )

Thanks for catching that, girly girl. I didn't check the VB for confirmation. If the OPs CN is current in April, then he/she should wait till March before sending in the package.

Dear all,

Hi, and welcome to the most friendly and helpful forum on the Internet. :)

Sm1smom already answered your post. I will just add a few things.

1) Technically you can send your I-485 package now. But recently they have been returning packages if filed too early. Considering you'll be current in April, if you arrange for your package to arrive on March 1st it is less likely to be returned. They seem to be OK with filing one month ahead of the "current" date.

2) If you entered the country legally, have never been out of status, and have never worked without authorization, you are eligible to do AOS. No written confirmation needed.

5) Not only include all visas, but also all the evidence that shows you have been consistently in status, including all the I-20s and EAD cards, etc.

If you have not done so, go ahead and send DSP-122+Barcode Page to KCC immediately indicating USCIS as your "consulate".

Go ahead and pay the $330 per person DV fee.

Do not hold your package for the DV fee receipt or AOS confirmation from KCC. If you got them in-time, include them in the package. If received later, make sure to take them to the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.