• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats ralf...

My status is still in Acceptance, dont know why. I, ralf, romerro went for this the same day and almost same time and same FO. We were explicitly told she would approve us too. Should i start getting nervous? Any thoughts?

Ralf/romerro: one thing i wanted to ask u guys, was the IO in your case working on the computer during interview? Ours was just taking notes by pen in our file. Wanted to know if this could be a cause of delay?

Yep, it is. You're officially 'green'. Enjoy your new status!!

Congrats

My status is still in Acceptance, dont know why. I, ralf, romerro went for this the same day and almost same time and same FO. We were explicitly told she would approve us too. Should i start getting nervous? Any thoughts?

Ralf/romerro: one thing i wanted to ask u guys, was the IO in your case working on the computer during interview? Ours was just taking notes by pen in our file. Wanted to know if this could be a cause of delay?

Thanks for congratulation!

Please, dvlottery2014, don't worry, I'm sure that you will be OK !!!
I understand you of course, and I myself will be calmly only when I will get the letter with card))))

Our IO didn't work on the computer..., she just did notice on our forms. Then
she took of our I-94 from passports and printed standart notice about our participation.
She was friendly and went through biography form and 485..

For all three of my InfoPass appointments I made sure to carry all my documents just in case they asked me for additional information. You and DvPerm have been anxiously waiting ,I hope you guys hear some good news as well.:)

This is AOWESOME npts. Enjoy your new GREEN status! hopefully we could hear something also soon! Dallas finally began to work. Hopefully DC also wakes up after almost 5 months!!!

When the IO asked for the interview, did you have all your documents?

Thanks npts.

I have also another INFOPass on Tuesday 18th. I'll also take all the documents in case :) although I doubt very much!!

For all three of my InfoPass appointments I made sure to carry all my documents just in case they asked me for additional information. You and DvPerm have been anxiously waiting ,I hope you guys hear some good news as well.:)

Congrats npts and all others with good news.

iel.hoss, please keep me updated on your upcoming appointment. Mine is on the 21st. 106 days and counting. So frustrating.

Thanks npts.

I have also another INFOPass on Tuesday 18th. I'll also take all the documents in case :) although I doubt very much!!

Congrats npts and all others with good news.

iel.hoss, please keep me updated on your upcoming appointment. Mine is on the 21st. 106 days and counting. So frustrating.

I have infopass for 20th. Looks like they are getting flooded with DV cases now :)

Birth Certificate (English or Native Language)...

I have a concern regarding birth certificate. My birth certificate is in English language (this is my original certificate) and it was issued last year. I never had birth certificate before and that is the case in Nepal. Mostly make their certificate whenever it is needed so the date issued is always within some months of the interview.

My question is; does it have to be in Native language? For example - in terms of npts he/she was asked for original and translated birth certificate. Do I have to get another birth certificate that is in native language and make a translated one out of it?
Your advise is highly appreciated.
Thanks

No, the BC does not have to be issued in your native language. You only need a translated copy if it was originally issued in your native language. Of course, they may still request to see the original copy, even if it's issued in English, at the time of your interview.

I have a concern regarding birth certificate. My birth certificate is in English language (this is my original certificate) and it was issued last year. I never had birth certificate before and that is the case in Nepal. Mostly make their certificate whenever it is needed so the date issued is always within some months of the interview.

My question is; does it have to be in Native language? For example - in terms of npts he/she was asked for original and translated birth certificate. Do I have to get another birth certificate that is in native language and make a translated one out of it?
Your advise is highly appreciated.
Thanks

AOS vs CP

Hello all! I have a quick question regarding AOS vs CP. I am currently in the US and was just wondering if one decides to do CP and get interview scheduled back in home country, only the main applicant has to show up at the interview or dependents have to be there as well?

Thanks.

Hello all! I have a quick question regarding AOS vs CP. I am currently in the US and was just wondering if one decides to do CP and get interview scheduled back in home country, only the main applicant has to show up at the interview or dependents have to be there as well?

Thanks.

All the listed derivatives MUST show up with the main applicant for the interview except in the case of a follow to join situation. The other exception to dependents showing up with the main applicant is if they're already LPRs or USC.

Hi Guys,
I would like to know if you did your Biometrics a week or two earlier than the scheduled date, does it really help speed up the application procedure. Does anybody here has an idea whether the FBI background checks starts after we give our Biometrics or is it an independent event that has nothing to do with this. If for instance background check process start after they receive the Biometrics then I think a random walk-in would be important to speed things up, dont you think?

thanks

There's no rule of thumb as to whether doing the Bio a week earlier is better than doing it 2 weeks earlier or vice versa. The FBI background check will not be initiated without the bio being collected. As to speeding the process up at the end of the day, again it depends on the applicable FO and the workload they're faced with. Most people attempt a walk in appointment as early as possible just to get that step out of the way, and if at the end of the day, it somehow speeds up their process, then so be it. Others simply opt to wait for their scheduled appointment.

Hi Guys,
I would like to know if you did your Biometrics a week or two earlier than the scheduled date, does it really help speed up the application procedure. Does anybody here has an idea whether the FBI background checks starts after we give our Biometrics or is it an independent event that has nothing to do with this. If for instance background check process start after they receive the Biometrics then I think a random walk-in would be important to speed things up, dont you think?

thanks

Congrats ralf...

My IO was only typing at the end of the interview and then she printed the letter which marked the further revision but kept emphasizing that I should get a notice that day (wednesday) - and Friday Morning the status went to Card Production. Below the note it said "On February 14th, we ordered the production of your new card."

Then there was a sentence that says "Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant."

Then Friday night the status changed to "Decision" and below it now says "On February 14 we mailed you a notice that we registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing reffered in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

dvlotterry2014: I really don't think you need to worry, the reason why they might "rushed" ours since they never told us that that we were approved at the interview (or at least not me). Your case was basically approved there so maybe it's lower in priority for the e-notice... (just an assumption but it very well might be a legitimate reason)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, during the medical exam, is a doctor supposed to put the vaccination part of Form I-693 in the envelope too?

Thanks romerro.

We have taken an infopass for 20th just in case. It will be more than a week by then so if the status doesnt change by then, we will try to bring to their notice.

My IO was only typing at the end of the interview and then she printed the letter which marked the further revision but kept emphasizing that I should get a notice that day (wednesday) - and Friday Morning the status went to Card Production. Below the note it said "On February 14th, we ordered the production of your new card."

Then there was a sentence that says "Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant."

Then Friday night the status changed to "Decision" and below it now says "On February 14 we mailed you a notice that we registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing reffered in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

dvlotterry2014: I really don't think you need to worry, the reason why they might "rushed" ours since they never told us that that we were approved at the interview (or at least not me). Your case was basically approved there so maybe it's lower in priority for the e-notice... (just an assumption but it very well might be a legitimate reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.