• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVPerm

You think your InfoPass appointment was interesting, hear mine :)
Once I explained to the person who was helping me about the process and this case was time sensitive, the first question she asked me was “Is it for DV-2012?” I clarified all the process and year with her and then she says “oh our system shows your case is just waiting for officer’s approval, let me email him.” When trying few times to email the officer she realized the officer who had my file recently R-E-T-I-R-E-D. All this while my file was sitting in a retired officer’s office and looks like no one bothered to reassign. She tried contacting her supervisor so that my case would be reassigned to someone else. After waiting for almost two hours and receiving no response from her supervisor she took down my number and said she will call me back for sure latest by tomorrow.

She seemed helpful so I expect her to call me back with an update. If not, I will have to set up another InfoPass appointment. For other DV2014- winners who have applied for AOS from Dallas field office my advise is that if it has been a while since you completed your finger printing , I would suggest a follow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikees! How disappointing that must have been. But the good part is you've brought your case to someone's attention. I agree, if she doesn't call back by tomorrow, pay them another visit.

Good luck!

DVPerm

Once I explained to the person who was helping me about the process and this case was time sensitive, the first question she asked me was “Is it for DV-2012?” I clarified all the process and year with her and then she says “oh our system shows your case is just waiting for officer’s approval, let me email him.” When trying few times to email the officer she realized the officer who had my file recently R-E-T-I-R-E-D. All this while my file was sitting in a retired officer’s office and looks like no one bothered to reassign. She tried contacting her supervisor so that my case would be reassigned to someone else. After waiting for almost two hours and receiving no response from her supervisor she took down my number and said she will call me back for sure latest by tomorrow.

She seemed helpful so I expect her to call me back with an update. If not, I will have to set up another InfoPass appointment. For other DV2014- winners who have applied for AOS from Dallas field office my advise is that if it has been a while since you completed your finger printing , I would suggest a follow up.

I agree. Good that you went and clarified npts. Hopefully you will get the call soon and things will move.

Yikees! How disappointing that must have been. But the good part is you've brought your case to someone's attention. I agree, if she doesn't call back by tomorrow, pay them another visit.

Good luck!

Just in case I don’t hear back from them, I took a proactive step and set up another InfoPass appointment for 11th Feb.

Good luck!

I-134

I know I have asked this earlier but with intw date (12-Feb) coming closer, just want to see if I can get any more ideas.

We didnt submit any I-134 form with our application. My wife (primary) and myself (secondary) are both working professionals here on H1Bs and working in consulting (IT) arena. We have pretty good salaries and decent bank accounts as well. We have prepared a financial summary document for the officer showing our monthly salaries, annual income and bank stmts. We also intend to show a property we have back in home country.

Will all this be enough for the "public charge" question by IO if it comes? The reason I am asking guys is that I dont have any "close" relative or friend in US who is a GC holder or citizen who can do a I-134 for me, so we need to make sure we have done all thats required and will help in justifying the absence of it.

Let me know if we can do anything more.
Thanks, as always.

Stop stressing dvlottery2014. You guys don't need an I-134 as a back up plan considering the fact that you're both working. Be sure to have on hand, your W2's and a couple of previous pay slips. Your employment letter or an employment verification letter can also come in handy in proving financial stability.

Good luck!

In our case, I am on H4 and my husband (H1B) did a I-134, the only thing IO asked for was a joint document like joint bank account and a copy his latest W2. Other than that nothing else was asked. I guess if you carry pay stubs, bank statement and W2 it should be fine.

I know I have asked this earlier but with intw date (12-Feb) coming closer, just want to see if I can get any more ideas.

We didnt submit any I-134 form with our application. My wife (primary) and myself (secondary) are both working professionals here on H1Bs and working in consulting (IT) arena. We have pretty good salaries and decent bank accounts as well. We have prepared a financial summary document for the officer showing our monthly salaries, annual income and bank stmts. We also intend to show a property we have back in home country.

Will all this be enough for the "public charge" question by IO if it comes? The reason I am asking guys is that I dont have any "close" relative or friend in US who is a GC holder or citizen who can do a I-134 for me, so we need to make sure we have done all thats required and will help in justifying the absence of it.

Let me know if we can do anything more.
Thanks, as always.

Thanks, he asked about certifying of HS certificate, once I mentioned it is in English there were no further questions.

Thanks for the response, pkrish.

Is high school diploma your highest degree, or did you have higher degrees as well?

I have graduate diploma, also in English but considering the minimum requirement i wanted to be sure with HS certificate as well.

Thanks for the response, pkrish.

Is high school diploma your highest degree, or did you have higher degrees as well?

Hi Guys,
My number is current in March and I am about to send the package during first week of February, which I can as per new memo has mentioned it. I am just making sure. I need some help on the information regarding the forms and documents.

1. Is it OK if I staple the form separately and and put it on the same folder? I am really kind of confused arranging all the copies in a folder. Please suggest me how to manage the folder.

2. In the form G 325-A, there is a part to fill the parents information. My father died when I was a kid. So, what I am supposed to write on the "city and country of residence" part.

Thank You

Hi NPTS:

Hope you've heard from the officer with good news? Did they call you today?

Also one question: Do you think the L2 officers in USCIS customer service (800 number) has access to most updated info regarding the pending case that is in the FOs? Actually, today, I called USCIS and talked to the L2 officer to see whether any interview is scheduled for us or not and the officer said no and you should wait to hear from FO? I am not sure if they have access to the info for our pending cases?
Obviously, this is almost FOUR months passed from our filing date and no news from IL!

DVPerm

Hi Guys,
My number is current in March and I am about to send the package during first week of February, which I can as per new memo has mentioned it. I am just making sure. I need some help on the information regarding the forms and documents.

1. Is it OK if I staple the form separately and and put it on the same folder? I am really kind of confused arranging all the copies in a folder. Please suggest me how to manage the folder.

2. In the form G 325-A, there is a part to fill the parents information. My father died when I was a kid. So, what I am supposed to write on the "city and country of residence" part.

Thank You

1. I would suggest using paper clips to hold the forms together in place of stapling them. For the I-485 for instance, you can hold the 6 pages together with a small paper clip, the same thing with each set of supporting document, use small paper clips to hold them together.

2. Put the word "Deceased" under the section for the city and country of residence for your father.

Please,please help me please!!

Hi for everyone, I was reading posts here but I couldn't understand anything., (((please advise me, help me what I need to do, everything. I currently live in USA , f1 status, I-20 is active( before was j1 exchange student). I checked lottery result on 1st May 2013 and I have been selected for future proses (.for 2014)EU00034*** I was so happy, I thought God helped me! But I don't know what was happened me I didn't do anything until today((((( today is January 31,2014!!! Is it to late for me have chance get green card and have interview until October 2014??? I tried before to send 122 and 230 papers to Kcc, on September but I didn't get any answer from them! And that paper was with a lot of mistakes! I understood I have to send new one again , what I need to do next?? What is it 2ndNL?? Why people so rush if my interview will be only next summer ? I have a lot time, right?? It is not late ? I wanna do AOS , can I send today my 122 and 230 to Kcc today and tomorrow send to Chicago another pApers ? Or I need to wait something? And how I can pay my fees?? Can I pay ? And how? I am single , no children - do I need to send 230 form to Kcc still ?? On first papers which I sent already to Kcc I wrote different answers some about my education , now I wanna send again with correct , it will look that I lied? It will attempt to my process somehow?? And first time I sent that I wanna have Interview in my country, now I can't change my mind! I need to have here, if I will have? Last question on first 122 I wrote that worked Hhc,( I am not allowed to work with f1 specially home attendant work, I have known this one later) and I paid taxes( I have ssn), so if I will send know new application that I didn't work never , can they see with my old application that different answer?? They may not give me green card because I worked not legal?? Please advise me ! I don't know what to do, I am so confused, I need very much GR. God blessed you who will answer me correctly and unostly. Thank you very much!

iel.hoss

Unfortunately I did not receive any call yesterday or today. She did keep a copy of my biometrics and approval notice so I hope I receive a call at least before my InfoPass appointment on 11th of Feb.
I had called USCIS 1-800 on Wednesday and my Infopass was on Thursday. 1-800 number customer service person kept telling me Dallas Field office was processing I-485 for May 2013. I kept trying to explain to her that DV process was different. She kept telling me that it was under normal processing time. After being on hold several times with no answer I gave up.
But at the field office I did receive exact information on where my file was.

Hi NPTS:

Hope you've heard from the officer with good news? Did they call you today?

Also one question: Do you think the L2 officers in USCIS customer service (800 number) has access to most updated info regarding the pending case that is in the FOs? Actually, today, I called USCIS and talked to the L2 officer to see whether any interview is scheduled for us or not and the officer said no and you should wait to hear from FO? I am not sure if they have access to the info for our pending cases?
Obviously, this is almost FOUR months passed from our filing date and no news from IL!

Hi for everyone, I was reading posts here but I couldn't understand anything., (((please advise me, help me what I need to do, everything. I currently live in USA , f1 status, I-20 is active( before was j1 exchange student). I checked lottery result on 1st May 2013 and I have been selected for future proses (.for 2014)EU00034*** I was so happy, I thought God helped me! But I don't know what was happened me I didn't do anything until today((((( today is January 31,2014!!! Is it to late for me have chance get green card and have interview until October 2014??? I tried before to send 122 and 230 papers to Kcc, on September but I didn't get any answer from them! And that paper was with a lot of mistakes! I understood I have to send new one again , what I need to do next?? What is it 2ndNL?? Why people so rush if my interview will be only next summer ? I have a lot time, right?? It is not late ? I wanna do AOS , can I send today my 122 and 230 to Kcc today and tomorrow send to Chicago another pApers ? Or I need to wait something? And how I can pay my fees?? Can I pay ? And how? I am single , no children - do I need to send 230 form to Kcc still ?? On first papers which I sent already to Kcc I wrote different answers some about my education , now I wanna send again with correct , it will look that I lied? It will attempt to my process somehow?? And first time I sent that I wanna have Interview in my country, now I can't change my mind! I need to have here, if I will have? Last question on first 122 I wrote that worked Hhc,( I am not allowed to work with f1 specially home attendant work, I have known this one later) and I paid taxes( I have ssn), so if I will send know new application that I didn't work never , can they see with my old application that different answer?? They may not give me green card because I worked not legal?? Please advise me ! I don't know what to do, I am so confused, I need very much GR. God blessed you who will answer me correctly and unostly. Thank you very much!

Phew! I need to come up for some air after going through this post!! I think this post deserves the award for the most questions asked in one breath. I'm not even sure where to begin answering :confused::rolleyes:

Anyway, Nurai10, I think you need to slow down a bit. Start by reading the first post on the first page of this thread, take some time and read all the way to the end to give yourself a clear understanding of what DV AOS entails - the ups and downs, the good and the bad.

To answer some of your most obvious questions, no, you're not too late. If you're pretty much certain you will be doing AOS, regardless of your CN, you need to send an updated DSP-230 form to KCC indicating USCIS as your place of interview. You do not need to re-send DS-230 form. The reason you haven't heard back from KCC is because you indicated you wanted to do CP. Those doing CP will not hear back from KCC until the VB (Visa Bulletin) indicates when their CN will become current.

What is 2NL? - for anyone doing AOS, this is the email attachment from KCC confirming the receipt of the applicant's form and KCC's awareness that they intend to do AOS. For those doing CP, the 2NL is the interview letter itself.

Yes you can go ahead and send updated DSP-122 form to KCC, but you cannot send in your I-485 package to the Chicago lockbox until the VB indicates when your CN will be current. The earliest advisable time to send in the I-485 package is one month in advance of your current month.

However, all of these issues you've raised are minor compared to the fact that you've undertaken unauthorized employment. I believe this violation already makes you out of status, and the first thing you need to do is get re-instated back to your F1 status. You are deport-able as it is. Your DSO may be able to help you with a reinstatement application, this is what you should be looking into now. You should look for a competent immigration lawyer and lay all your cards on the table so that you may get all the help you need if you want to proceed with the AOS.

You need all the luck, so good luck!

Honestly, so as not to complicate things for yourself, I wouldn't be applying for an I-485 based EAD card now if I was in your shoes. The EAD typically takes about 2-3 months from the time of sending in the application. Considering the fact that you were current in Oct, even though your FO seems to be dragging it's feet, I'm willing to bet your interview would most likely take place before your current OPT EAD card expires in May or before a new EAD card is approved. Basically, what I'm trying to say is stop stressing, your interview will take place before May 2014.

Fingers crossed for you! Good luck!!

Thanks for the moral support. As people say, "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst", I am just trying to see my worst case scenario as well. I have a job and my employer is also willing to file H1 for me, but I have not asked them as I was a DV selectee. Hope I do not have to repent this decision.

This is exactly what it is--nothing fancy, and yet it's called the receipt :) My reaction was similar to yours :)

I just received the dv lottery fee receipt of 330. There is nothing fancy about it, it is just the part of the form that i sent with the money order but it is written paid. I am just wondering if this is what they call the receipt or could there be an error somewhere since my envelope was loosely sealed?

DVPerm

npts,

Wow! USCIS field offices continue to amaze! Can't believe how inefficient the process is. Have you heard back from them?

No news here.

hello everyone,
is this the adress to send AOS in chicago locbox for express mail?
For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

and also in money order, what should I have to write down in place of "paying to" space.

Status
Not open for further replies.