• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's because he is required to get a sworn-in yes/no from you. If you had answered no to the overstay question, there's a chance he wouldn't care about the details.

I actually replied twice "No" to his question. For the rest of my family, he asked everyone once.
My suspicion is when we drove over from Seattle in 2004 to Vancouver, the immigration officer did not remove our i94 which was stapled to our passport. This could be a red flag but I am not sure.

I actually replied twice "No" to his question. For the rest of my family, he asked everyone once.
My suspicion is when we drove over from Seattle in 2004 to Vancouver, the immigration officer did not remove our i94 which was stapled to our passport. This could be a red flag but I am not sure.

I'm glad that it worked out in the end. :) Now you can drive from Seattle even to the moon as many times as you want without worrying about the alcohol percentage in the officer's blood system.

Congrats s6656....
Enjoy new status. I'm moving to Boston area next week for a new job, I had conditional job offer too.

I want to thank everyone in the forum like all the moms, susie and the rest of the gang. Without you folks, things could have gone horribly for us.

Thanks for your sincere wishes and support and I appreciate that.

THANK YOU. You earn good Karma for your next life :)

Waiting for interview letter

CN: 2014AS000017XX

05/20/13: 1st NL
10/02/13: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox
10/09/13: NO NOA received via text/email
10/12/13: NOA Received by mail
10/20/13: Biometrics Notice Received
10/21/13: Biometrics (Walk-in) - The real date was 11/08/2013 but we did it walk in 10/21
?: Interview Letter
?: Interview
?: CPO
?: Welcome Letter
?: Green Card

Guys, I am waiting for Interview letter and it is more than 50 days from our bio-metrics and we didn't receive it yet? Any idea how soon we may hear. Don't you think this is too much for receiving interview letter?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations S6656! it makes me so happy to have all of us successful - we support ad help each other and God rewards us! all the best in what I am certain will now be COUNTLESS opportunities and adventures in the USA!

Additional pointers

For dressing - Guys should wear a suit at least.
My officer was in tie but his jacket was on his chair.

In my case, the officer wanted to know how frequent i have been in US and for how long. It could be useful if one review the data before the interview. Some of my visits were with family and some were business. My wife and kids got the details mix up and even miss some of the trips that we did.

This is important if you have children. The officer went through the questions and my daughter did not understand what is J1 and my son did not know meaning of one of the word. But they both have signed the i485 and it look silly when they don't understand the word, but tick NO as an answer. I should have reviewed with my kids before I went to the interview. Luckily the officer laugh it off.

If you appt is early in the morning like 8AM, make sure the kids get to bed early. We got up early at 6AM and arrived at the FO at about 7.30AM. Since my interview took almost 2.5 hrs, my son fast asleep, when the officer went to get him. Again the officer was joking with him saying is he awake to do the oath.

Those with children have to be prepared for unforeseen. :)

Additional pointers

In my case, the officer wanted to know how frequent i have been in US and for how long. It could be useful if one review the data before the interview. Some of my visits were with family and some were business. My wife and kids got the details mix up and even miss some of the trips that we did.

This is important if you have children. The officer went through the questions and my daughter did not understand what is J1 and my son did not know meaning of one of the word. But they both have signed the i485 and it look silly when they don't understand the word, but tick NO as an answer. I should have reviewed with my kids before I went to the interview. Luckily the officer laugh it off.

If you appt is early in the morning like 8AM, make sure the kids get to bed early. We got up early at 6AM and arrived at the FO at about 7.30AM. Since my interview took almost 2.5 hrs, my son fast asleep, when the officer went to get him. Again the officer was joking with him saying is he awake to do the oath.

Your interview experience was a highly unusual one. Most IOs DO NOT separate families and grill them one after the other, especially if there are younger kids involved. As a matter of fact, yours is the first I've heard of taking as long as 2.5 hours or so. And personally, I do not think people need necessarily dress formal or wear suites. The important thing is to be neatly dressed and polite when facing the IO.

Thank you so much; this is all very helpful! I don't have kids, but considering the progress of the numbers on the VB, I still have plenty of time to make some and bring them with me to the interview LOL

Additional pointers

Your interview experience was a highly unusual one. Most IOs DO NOT separate families and grill them one after the other, especially if there are younger kids involved. As a matter of fact, yours is the first I've heard of taking as long as 2.5 hours or so. And personally, I do not think people need necessarily dress formal or wear suites. The important thing is to be neatly dressed and polite when facing the IO.

My "younger kids" are actually 16 & 17 yrs old. I told them to read the i485, ask me any question and they took that easy.

Regarding the dressing, all those that I saw were in suit in Boston. My company immigration lawyer, told me to go in with a suit since I am a professional, it would make a better impression. In the 2.5hrs, i think the actual time spent interviewing us was probably less than 30mins. The IO had to do a lot data entry in two different systems.

Hello People,
I'm back after projects and exams, looks I've missed huge amount of interesting discussions and posts.
My CN is 2014AS000031XX, the cut-off number for January 2014 is 3000 and the cut-off number for February 2014 is 3700.
So, according to the new Memo, I can file my AOS as early as January 1, 2014 (though my CN will be current in February).
Am I Right?
What about December 2013? Can I file my AOS during December 2013?

Thank you,

Hello People,
I'm back after projects and exams, looks I've missed huge amount of interesting discussions and posts.
My CN is 2014AS000031XX, the cut-off number for January 2014 is 3000 and the cut-off number for February 2014 is 3700.
So, according to the new Memo, I can file my AOS as early as January 1, 2014 (though my CN will be current in February).
Am I Right?
What about December 2013? Can I file my AOS during December 2013?

Thank you,
Actually the memo says you can file as early as today. But in practice they seem to only accept cases filed at most one month early. My case and other people's were returned for filing "too early" but then were accepted when filed later. I suggest not filing too early as it always leaves you wondering how to deal with the returned package that is fully scrambled. Wait until Jan 1st and you should be safe. otherwise, considering the upcoming holidays, chances are that the returned package may reach you even after Jan 1st and you may end up worse than if you had waited until Jan 1st in the first place.

Life is always full of surprise, so I am back again to seek advice and suggestion.

In mid-November, I decided to do CP as primary plan, and mailed an updated DSP-122 form to KCC indicating the US embassy in your home country.

My number is AS 87XX, and based on current cut-off numbers, I expect my number to become current in June 2014, if lucky.

Now I just find that we're expecting our second child, and due date will be in July 2014, which makes any long international flight to and from our home country after mid-June almost impossible.

I would like to know if any one have the experience of make change from CP to AOS ?
Should I just send another updated DSP-122 to KCC, indicating USCIS ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

A1. Yes, send an updated DSP-122 indicating the US embassy in your home country

A2. Yes, you may follow up with KCC if you wish

A3. No, you don't make any payment in the US. DV payment will be made at the US embassy at the time of the interview

A4. Receive interview notice from KCC when your number becomes current. You will need to plan your trip back home carefully to give you enough time to do the medical exam before the interview. You cannot do the medical exam in the US, it has to be done at a US recommended clinic in your home country. You will also need to get police clearance certificate from countries you've stayed at for upto 1 year since turning 16 (with the exception of the US).

Thank you so much Sm1smom for your help and for all the information!
Pau1

PAU1,

Phew! An awful lot of questions in one post, no worries though, will take a stab at answering them:

A1. For anyone doing AOS, the $330 DV administrative fee has to be paid ahead of time. So you may go ahead and make the payment now, or you could wait until you're certain as to when your CN will become current and then make the payment.

A2. Correct, you do not need forms I-765 and I-130

A3. Option "H" and be sure to type in "DV Selectee Notification Letter Included" in the section in front of that option.

A4. Yes.

A5.1: No document required if you have no criminal past

A5.2: No, PCC is not required for AOS

A5.3: Highly advisable to still have your high school diploma handy, in addition to your BS and PhD documents. Some IOs have insisted on seeing the HS Diploma in the past. Doesn't hurt to equally have an employment letter as part of the supporting document.

A5.3(i): Please see the following link for required documents and additional information regarding the DV AOS process (the spreadsheet has about 6 0r 7 tabs with useful information on them):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=1

A5.4: See A5.3 above.

Hi c1984! Thank you for the information! :)

Just to clarify: if the February issue of VB indicates that my CN becomes current in April, you suggest that I wait until March 1 to send my package? Did I understand it correctly?

Thank you! :)
Fiefia

Actually the memo says you can file as early as today. But in practice they seem to only accept cases filed at most one month early. My case and other people's were returned for filing "too early" but then were accepted when filed later. I suggest not filing too early as it always leaves you wondering how to deal with the returned package that is fully scrambled. Wait until Jan 1st and you should be safe. otherwise, considering the upcoming holidays, chances are that the returned package may reach you even after Jan 1st and you may end up worse than if you had waited until Jan 1st in the first place.

Waiting for interview letter - comment?

CN # 2014AS000017XX

10/21/13: Biometrics (Walk-in) - The real date was 11/08/2013 but we did it walk in 10/21

We did our bio-metrics almost 55 days (walk in - 20 days earlier) and waiting for interview letter but we didn't receive it yet? Any idea how soon we may hear. Don't you think this is too much for receiving interview letter? Should I be worried??

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Life is always full of surprise, so I am back again to seek advice and suggestion.

In mid-November, I decided to do CP as primary plan, and mailed an updated DSP-122 form to KCC indicating the US embassy in your home country.

My number is AS 87XX, and based on current cut-off numbers, I expect my number to become current in June 2014, if lucky.

Now I just find that we're expecting our second child, and due date will be in July 2014, which makes any long international flight to and from our home country after mid-June almost impossible.

I would like to know if any one have the experience of make change from CP to AOS ?
Should I just send another updated DSP-122 to KCC, indicating USCIS ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

First of all, congratulations with regards to the expected baby.

Regarding your changing your interview venue again, you already know what to do. You need to send an updated DSP-122 form to KCC indicating you want to do AOS. In addition to sending in this form, I will also suggest giving KCC a call informing them of the need to make this change again.

If you look at timelines in DV AOS 2013 thread, time gap between Biometrics and receiving interview letter is up to two and half months. So I guess its all the waiting patiently now.

CN # 2014AS000017XX

We did our bio-metrics almost 55 days (walk in - 20 days earlier) and waiting for interview letter but we didn't receive it yet? Any idea how soon we may hear. Don't you think this is too much for receiving interview letter? Should I be worried??

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.