• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have a question that I'm hoping you guys can help me with
In may, I found out that I was selected for further processing.. my number is quite high. 2014AS00022XXX
We decided to do AOS and sent in DSP122 to KCC early September.
I emailed KCC yesterday and asked about AOS confirmation.. and got an email back that I should put my local USCIS address on question 4 in DSP122

My question is: I sent in DSP122 only for myself (principal), barcode sheet and 2 passport photos of myself.
I didn't put the local USCIS address on item 4.
SHould I resend DSP122 with my passposrt photos AND my husband's as well also put the local USCIS address?

It seems so silly that they wouldn't be able to match up local USCIS address with my mailing address.. But I just want to be safe and not take risk.
Thanks alot for the advice in advance!!

I'm surprised they didn't process your DSP-122 just because of that.

Actually, in the past I have seen people speculate that the USCIS wouldn't care about your answer for that question and would go forward with sending it to what they see as your local field office; otherwise you could always put a less busy FO and get things done faster.

If doing AOS, only the main applicant needs to send in DSP-122 and the barcode page (photos optional). The derivative is not involved at this stage at all until you send in i-485.

With that high of a case number, are you sure you want to do AOS. (If yes, it's completely understandable)

Hi everyone! I have a question that I'm hoping you guys can help me with
In may, I found out that I was selected for further processing.. my number is quite high. 2014AS00022XXX
We decided to do AOS and sent in DSP122 to KCC early September.
I emailed KCC yesterday and asked about AOS confirmation.. and got an email back that I should put my local USCIS address on question 4 in DSP122

My question is: I sent in DSP122 only for myself (principal), barcode sheet and 2 passport photos of myself.
I didn't put the local USCIS address on item 4.
SHould I resend DSP122 with my passposrt photos AND my husband's as well also put the local USCIS address?

It seems so silly that they wouldn't be able to match up local USCIS address with my mailing address.. But I just want to be safe and not take risk.
Thanks alot for the advice in advance!!

The email response was sent by a clueless person IMO. Putting an exact USCIS FO information on the DSP is not a must, your form will be sent to the appropriate FO when the time comes and you will get the AOS confirmation, I'm willing to bet on that. You do not need to send in another DSP form. It takes a while to get back the AOS confirmation email after sending in the DSP form, so you need to exercise some patience. Also no form or photo is required to be submitted to KCC for your derivatives, only the selectee is required to do that.

I'm surprised they didn't process your DSP-122 just because of that.Actually, in the past I have seen people speculate that the USCIS wouldn't care about your answer for that question and would go forward with sending it to what they see as your local field office; otherwise you could always put a less busy FO and get things done faster.

If doing AOS, only the main applicant needs to send in DSP-122 and the barcode page (photos optional). The derivative is not involved at this stage at all until you send in i-485.

With that high of a case number, are you sure you want to do AOS. (If yes, it's completely understandable)

I would be very surprised if the form doesn't get processed, to the best of my knowledge, not putting an exact FO has never prevented KCC from forward the form to the applicable FO based on the address provided on the form.

Putting "a less busy FO and get(ting) things done faster" is a decision that could back-fire IMO. If the FO is not one serviced by your area based on the address you've provided, your file from KCC could end up at that specified FO while the Chicago Lockbox sends your I-485 package to your correct/applicable FO based on the address on your I-485 form. Then at the end of the interview, the IO tells you he/she is sorry they cannot approve your case bacause they do not have your file from KCC, you call KCC and they tell you 'oh we sent your file already', then they begin to trace where it is and there's all kinds of back and forth.

My suggestion would be to simply indicate "USCIS" where the question asks for where you would like to be interviewed (if you're not sure of your local FO address)

Oh, almost forgot, do you think it's gonna be fine if I send out my DV fee before sending out the DSP-122? I've recently switched schools, so I'm waiting out the 90 days period. As far as I see there should not be any problems, because we do write our case numbers on the checks or am I wrong?

TIA

Making the payment is demonstrating immigrant intent, regardless of whether you've sent your DSP form or not. You're better off waiting out the 90 days before doing anything at all.

If I remember well, people doing AOS are supposed to answer question 4 on DSP 122 with only "USCIS". That is in the instructions.

Absolutely right!

In the past though (if memory serves me right) that section used to instruct those doing AOS to list 'BCIS' - (Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration - the old name USCIS was called) - or to provide the name o their FO if they new it.

If I remember well, people doing AOS are supposed to answer question 4 on DSP 122 with only "USCIS". That is in the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does 90 days period before sending I-485 should be considered in case of I-20 extension?

Hi,

My I-20 is going to expired on may 2014, and I am expecting to graduate in Dec 2014. I already had payed DV fees ($330). I might not be current before May 2014. Is there any problem with extending I-20 even after paying DV fees?
Since I had read about 90 days period, is it need to be considered in this case too?

Thank you

You will have to hold onto it anyway. I think it would be safer to wait it out for the DV payment as well.

Gotcha, thanks! Oh, and as for the MD, then yeah, my best advice I can give is to ALWAYS seek a second medical opinion. I took around some of my close ones to one of the best hospitals that Boston, MA can offer and some of the things that came from some so-called doctors was very inaccurate and incorrect. They have malpractice insurance that covers them, but you will have to pay for their mistakes with your health. I've dealt enough with hospitals and doctors over the last 3-4 years that will last me a lifetime. Ironically though, I'm aspiring to become one myself. Go figure.

Making the payment is demonstrating immigrant intent, regardless of whether you've sent your DSP form or not. You're better off waiting out the 90 days before doing anything at all.

That's what I thought, thank you.

Hexa, thanks so much for clarifying those things!
I was so confused about the scholarship questions and the concern that she placed on my financial situation, even after I provided so much proof. I feel better about it after hearing from you.

I think you guys are right about her inexperience (she did say that she had recently held another post in immigration and had only just returned to doing these interviews - and she couldn't remember how the system worked on the computer).
She kept looking at the copies I has sent in the AoS packet instead of checking my originals. Like she would check the spelling of my second name from the copy of my BC and not ask for the original I had brought. It was strange but I did feel like she felt that I had sent in a lot of information and so she didn't need any more - one of the first things she said when we walked into her office was that my case looked really good.
thanks to the instructions on this forum and Sm1smom, I guess I answered all her questions before even getting there.

thanks for the advice and well wishes Hexa!!!!!!!!

Hey Spice,

Any status updates? Any news?

Hi,
Bests of luck for friends who have gone sent their packages to Chicago.
I hope this question is not irrelevant to this forum subject:
I'm just curious to know if it be a problem if I register for DV 2015, while I'm going to apply for AOS (because I'm a 2014 DV selectee)?
Thanks,

Hi,
Bests of luck for friends who have gone sent their packages to Chicago.
I hope this question is not irrelevant to this forum subject:
I'm just curious to know if it be a problem if I register for DV 2015, while I'm going to apply for AOS (because I'm a 2014 DV selectee)?
Thanks,

No problem at all in entering DV2015 as a backup plan.

Affidavit of Support

Hi,

I am in H4 and a DV selectee, current in December as per latest Visa Bulletin. We are doing AOS and consolidating all the documents for Lockbox.

* Do I need to get an Affidavit of Support from my husband who is on H1B.
* I sent the DV fee 2 weeks ago, how long does it usually takes to get receipt back ?

Thanks and good luck to all who are busy with process and interviews etc.

DSP-122 Confirmation from KCC

I am a 2014 DV selectee. My number is already current (October 1st, 2013). I send the form DSP-122 to KCC on October 11th, 2013 and have not received the confirmation yet. My questions are:
1). How long does it take to get the confirmation from KCC?
2). How does KCC send the confirmation?
3). Do we need the receipt from KCC to file I-485?

Last edited by a moderator:
Primary Applicant - Status Changed - I485 ques

My spouse is the Primary applicant selected in the DV2014. She entered US on H4 Dependent visa (I am on H1B).

But she has now got her own H1B approved from this year, from October 1st and now she is on H1B. She has the I-797 and new I-94 along with that. Since she has not left the country after this H4 to H1B status change (and neither intends to before getting GC), she doesnt have the H1B stamped in her passport....

My questions:

1.) In I-485 Part 3, there's a question "In what status did you last enter", what should she mention? When she "entered", she was on H4 and now her status is changed to H1B.... what should be the answer?

2.) Also, in same section, it asks, "Non-immigrant Visa number" and "Consulate where visa was issued" and "date visa issued" ? Since she doesnt have her new status H1B "visa" stamped in her passport, what should we write here? Giving the old H4 status visa info will be "stale".... ?

Pls let me know.

DV 2014AS000016xx, AOS, I485 received by USCIS, and email back saying,

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt number ...

NBC is holding lots of cases now, how long it will take if my case went there? ..... some DV AOS cases has not processed by NBC, whats the difference is??

I am worried if it wont finish by May, 2014 because I have to again apply for EAD card at that time, extending for next year as STEM student,

thanks

DV 2014AS000016xx, AOS, I485 received by USCIS, and email back saying,

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt number ...

NBC is holding lots of cases now, how long it will take if my case went there? ..... some DV AOS cases has not processed by NBC, whats the difference is??

I am worried if it wont finish by May, 2014 because I have to again apply for EAD card at that time, extending for next year as STEM student,

thanks

My spouse is the Primary applicant selected in the DV2014. She entered US on H4 Dependent visa (I am on H1B).

But she has now got her own H1B approved from this year, from October 1st and now she is on H1B. She has the I-797 and new I-94 along with that. Since she has not left the country after this H4 to H1B status change (and neither intends to before getting GC), she doesnt have the H1B stamped in her passport....

My questions:

1.) In I-485 Part 3, there's a question "In what status did you last enter", what should she mention? When she "entered", she was on H4 and now her status is changed to H1B.... what should be the answer?

2.) Also, in same section, it asks, "Non-immigrant Visa number" and "Consulate where visa was issued" and "date visa issued" ? Since she doesnt have her new status H1B "visa" stamped in her passport, what should we write here? Giving the old H4 status visa info will be "stale".... ?

Pls let me know.

1) H4

2) Info for the H4 visa. It will not be "stale" because all they want to make sure is that she legally entered the US and was "inspected" at the border.

I am a 2014 DV selectee. My number is already current (October 1st, 2013). I send the form DSP-122 to KCC on October 11th, 2013 and have not received the confirmation yet. My questions are:
1). How long does it take to get the confirmation from KCC?
2). How does KCC send the confirmation?
3). Do we need the receipt from KCC to file I-485?

1) Depends on how busy they are. Usually a few weeks.

2) You will receive an e-mail with two pdf attachments (if you have made the DV payment, possibly only one pdf).

3) You don't need the KCC AOS confirmation e-mail for your i-485 package. Do not hold you package for that. But you will need to take it to your interview.

BTW, the receipt of the DV payment fee ($330 per person) is required for the i-485 package.

Status
Not open for further replies.