• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
DV Paymrnt Reciept and Govt. shutdown

Hi,

I think I'm beginning to have a panic attack. I sent my dv payment to the dept of state last month. It was received on the 23rd of September and I am yet to get my receipt. Everyone keeps saying they get their receipt within 10 days .. well mine is over... so I'm wondering could this government shutdown be the reason for the delay?

Hi,

I think I'm beginning to have a panic attack. I sent my dv payment to the dept of state last month. It was received on the 23rd of September and I am yet to get my receipt. Everyone keeps saying they get their receipt within 10 days .. well mine is over... so I'm wondering could this government shutdown be the reason for the delay?

I don't think so. Did you include a self-addressed envelope? Are you sure there were no typos in the address?

Did you pay with money order or cashier's check? You can track a cashier's check with your bank.

I don't think so. Did you include a self-addressed envelope? Are you sure there were no typos in the address?

Did you pay with money order or cashier's check? You can track a cashier's check with your bank.

I did include a self-addressed envelope, I don't think there were typos. I paid with a cashier's check. I 'll call the bank right away. Thanks!

I just called and the bank confirmed that it was cashed on the 24th of September. Do you have any idea of what I can do to find out what's going on? My self-addressed envelope also had tracking on it. But its not coming up on the usps site.

I just called and the bank confirmed that it was cashed on the 24th of September. Do you have any idea of what I can do to find out what's going on? My self-addressed envelope also had tracking on it. But its not coming up on the usps site.

What's your case no? You will get a quicker response if you case no is going to be current soon.

What's your case no? You will get a quicker response if you case no is going to be current soon.

My case number is current. 2014AF00001*** . My number is really low and I wrote it on the check as well as the letter/form format requested for on the site. Is there anyway I can call or email them? All my documents are in place all I'm waiting for is the receipt so that I can send the i-485 package to Chicago lockbox.

Try this number: 202-485-7600. They might be able to help you or at least direct you to the right place.

Try this number: 202-485-7600. They might be able to help you or at least direct you to the right place.

After making a few calls and getting tossed around from one place to another I finally call KCC and they tell me it takes up to 3 weeks for it to reflect in their system or for them to post it. I'm a little confused and I told them that based on what I've been told it should take about 10 days for me to get the receipt. Anyway I've been asked to wait another week... hopefully it'll come in the mail like its supposed to. Thanks for the responses and the assistance!!!

After making a few calls and getting tossed around from one place to another I finally call KCC and they tell me it takes up to 3 weeks for it to reflect in their system or for them to post it. I'm a little confused and I told them that based on what I've been told it should take about 10 days for me to get the receipt. Anyway I've been asked to wait another week... hopefully it'll come in the mail like its supposed to. Thanks for the responses and the assistance!!!

I can confirm that it might take up to 3+ weeks. Here is my experience: Sent the package to St. Louis July 30, check cashed on August 2. However, I got the receipt in my mailbox on August 24. Don't worry you will get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that it might take up to 3+ weeks. Here is my experience: Sent the package to St. Louis July 30, check cashed on August 2. However, I got the receipt in my mailbox on August 24. Don't worry you will get it.

Thanks! That's really reassuring!

Good luck Spice. My Bio is on 10/15. Wish 2014EU and me luck to get it next week. Are you guys still in Acceptance step of the case status in USCIS website either? Mine is stuck in acceptance.

I am still in acceptance stage but that is expected, as Sm1smom had said. From the description of the stages I read on the website (and from last years forum), acceptance extends to the interview so don't expect any changes.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I am excited about the progress of the process this year! It looks good for all of us.

Thanks a lot. I hope we are gonna get it soon and the government shutdown would not have any effect on the process.

I am still in acceptance stage but that is expected, as Sm1smom had said. From the description of the stages I read on the website (and from last years forum), acceptance extends to the interview so don't expect any changes.

The spreadsheet (see my signature) says Norfolk, VA.

yes, my FO is Norfolk, VA.
I am fairly certain it isn't busy because I have only seen one other person (back in 2011) who used that FO on this forum. Also, the southern states aren't exactly a hub for immigrants. That does mean however, that the IOs may not know a lot about the DV process and so the interview may be problematic.

The USCIS website lists the wait time for my FO as 4 months, because that is the minimum processing time that they can list. Check yours under processing times.

Wooww! All the best Spice2013.

Interview letter is here!!! It was actually issued on September 30th which means they went ahead even before the FY started. Now I am nervous - will be more so after the biometrics happens though. Tips anyone?

So today I took another step; bit the bullet and paid the $660. I was slacking on it to see how the EB case would come along; that way I could spare the DV fee and take the EB route. But now I feel like I'm too close to being current on the DV side and DV AOS seems to be a lot faster.

Time to update the signature!

So today I took another step; bit the bullet and paid the $660. I was slacking on it to see how the EB case would come along; that way I could spare the DV fee and take the EB route. But now I feel like I'm too close to being current on the DV side and DV AOS seems to be a lot faster.

Time to update the signature!

You could be current in Dec. Meaning you can sent your AOS package after this month's VB. Good Luck :)

yes, my FO is Norfolk, VA.
I am fairly certain it isn't busy because I have only seen one other person (back in 2011) who used that FO on this forum. Also, the southern states aren't exactly a hub for immigrants. That does mean however, that the IOs may not know a lot about the DV process and so the interview may be problematic.

The USCIS website lists the wait time for my FO as 4 months, because that is the minimum processing time that they can list. Check yours under processing times.

The listed processing time is not applicable to DV based applications, so using that information can be misleading.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I am excited about the progress of the process this year! It looks good for all of us.

hi, I'm a DV 2014 selectee and my number is current right now since I have a really low number. I was not aware that you can send in your i-485 before October 1st? What is the memo that you are talking about that allowed you to send your i-485 before October 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.