• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Thank you Simon for your feedback. I really do hope I make it in time.
Hey KRMA, I am from Detroit also and I really don't think you have to worry. All you need is the interview scheduled by September and you should be fine. It is still May; I think (just in my personal opinion) that if you don't hear anything by the end of July, that is when you should start creating a fuss. Even though you really have been waiting for a while, I don't see any point in getting stressed out so early (at least for you, I on the other hand need to worry). Let me know how things go for you, hope you get the IL any day now :)

Thank you Simon for your feedback. I really do hope I make it in time.
Hey KRMA, I am from Detroit also and I really don't think you have to worry. All you need is the interview scheduled by September and you should be fine. It is still May; I think (just in my personal opinion) that if you don't hear anything by the end of July, that is when you should start creating a fuss. Even though you really have been waiting for a while, I don't see any point in getting stressed out so early (at least for you, I on the other hand need to worry). Let me know how things go for you, hope you get the IL any day now :)
I know what do you mean, but compering my timeline to others you can say there is something not right- especially when you hear that my green card can come even in a year. :(However, I will let you know when something will change. I wonder if there is anyone else from Detroit this year or it's only us.:rolleyes:

Wow! So this is actually possible to get gc without interview if the case is clear enough. I want be the lucky one without it! :D
No she didn't explain - maybe it was my fault, maybe I should press her more than I did. I know for sure that no interview happened- my friend dv 2011 closed the whole process in 6 weeks- no interview- lucky him :) however, any advise? What should I do?
ow

I know what do you mean, but compering my timeline to others you can say there is something not right- especially when you hear that my green card can come even in a year. :(However, I will let you know when something will change. I wonder if there is anyone else from Detroit this year or it's only us.:rolleyes:

I hope you are not waiting patiently anymore. Make a fuss. Get your congressperson involved, get infopass scheduled and go prepared to theninfopass so that if they say crazy stuff like the one year comment you can produce the guidelines that show DV cases should be handled differently and should be adjudicated before the end of the year.

Hi Sm1smom! I think you sent me a message, but I can't open it. Would you mind send me your response to fiefia555@gmail.com? If you remember it :)

Wasn't sure I could recreate my response to the issues you had raised in your PM, but fortunately the old forum is back up running again, so I simply went in and copied the message from there and sent you another PM in this new forum........... very clever, ehy? :p

I hope you are not waiting patiently anymore. Make a fuss. Get your congressperson involved, get infopass scheduled and go prepared to theninfopass so that if they say crazy stuff like the one year comment you can produce the guidelines that show DV cases should be handled differently and should be adjudicated before the end of the year.
Yes, I sent a fax to my congress person authorizing him to talk with immigration on my behalf and I also plan to get another info pass. Do you know any document saying that DV lottery cases have "special treatment" so I can take it with me? Do you know if my congress person will contact me back after they talk with the immigration?

Awwww... ;( new forum. Hhhhmm good at least we all smart enough to know how to go here ;). What my question was? Oh ok, my college said He had not interview on dv aos. Is possible to get this gc here without interview?
Thanks!

Yes, it is possible. One or two FOs have been known to do that in the past. A look at the 2011 DV timelines (I think?) will actually show the applicants and their FOs that got their GCs without interview.

Yes, I sent a fax to my congress person authorizing him to talk with immigration on my behalf and I also plan to get another info pass. Do you know any document saying that DV lottery cases have "special treatment" so I can take it with me? Do you know if my congress person will contact me back after they talk with the immigration?

Regarding the special treatment - yes it is well covered in this policy memorandum - Based on Moms instructions I included that in my 485 pack and will be ready to produce it at any opportunity if the FO don't behave according to these instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

Ok, today I received IL:)-middle of June. I also sent the letter to my congress person. Should I call his office and ask them to disregard it?
Congratulations!!! This is awesome news! I am glad your case is progressing :) keep us posted OK?

Ok, today I received IL:)-middle of June. I also sent the letter to my congress person. Should I call his office and ask them to disregard it?

Yep I think you should stand the congressperson down - just to be respectful of their time.

Hi everybody,
sm1smom please tell me why are we still waiting for IL? my cn EU00016*** and we are done bio 7th april.
Also, we sent our package to KCC on 28 th feb. ,However,The think that we could not understand is what 'file sent from KCC' is.
We are in NYC, but somebody got their schedule for interview even if their CN higher than ours.
Thank You

Hi guys...I finally received my IL and it is scheduled on June 2nd. I have few questions regarding the IL.
1. As mentioned in the IL, I have to provide the I-864 Affidavit of support, most recent income tax returns and w-2s forms from sponsor and co-sponsors. As far as I was told earlier in this forum, the form that should be used will be I-134. I am kinda confused on which one I shall pick for the sponsorship. I am in F-1 status and the only applicant applying for the AOS.

2. Beside the W2s ,Tax return, and (so called form), whatelse from the sponsor can help to prove the case strong in terms of financial status?

3. How can I notorized my birth certificate even it is written in english language? The story begins.....One of my friend from the same hometown back home also filed I485 based on US citizenship spouse and he got the notification email from USCIS (same field office Dallas) mentioning the missing items on his birth certificate. He submitted the same one that I have with me since we belongs to same district back home. And the email stated that his birth certificate does not have the standards that it should have and there are some missing information on the certificate. I do not know what does that mean even though it has the information like date of birth, birthplace, parents name.
Please guys help me out on this