• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Awwww jeez. Sorry it didn't go well. As Mom says, maybe the visit will prompt someone to look at the file. Let's hope so. Keep checking for earlier infopass appointments. The moment they mention 90 days you have a solid reason to ask (insist) to speak to a supervisor because the person you are talking with clearly does not understand the DVprocess.
I did ask to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisor deals with more important things than my case and that I have to wait for my turn. This how professional they were. Also he didn't enter anything in the system or didn't even send any emails to the officer who interviewed me. I kindly asked him to do that but he mentioned the officer is conducting interviews and knows what she is doing. This is so absurd..

I did ask to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisor deals with more important things than my case and that I have to wait for my turn. This how professional they were. Also he didn't enter anything in the system or didn't even send any emails to the officer who interviewed me. I kindly asked him to do that but he mentioned the officer is conducting interviews and knows what she is doing. This is so absurd..

Well that is partially true - the IO you interviewed with is more likely to know what she is doing. Hopefully that will soon yield results. I would personally write a letter to the director at the FO. I know my letter was in my file and my IO specifically referred to it. I also believe that my letter prompted some reaction in that they gave me the very earliest appointment in September - but they still forced me in to September - showing me who runs the show.....

I am sorry your infopass went this way. I would try sending a letter to the director of your field office next. My case status was update the same day my letter was delivered. It could be only a coincidence but it is definitely worth the shot!

I am sorry your infopass went this way. I would try sending a letter to the director of your field office next. My case status was update the same day my letter was delivered. It could be only a coincidence but it is definitely worth the shot!
Well that is partially true - the IO you interviewed with is more likely to know what she is doing. Hopefully that will soon yield results. I would personally write a letter to the director at the FO. I know my letter was in my file and my IO specifically referred to it. I also believe that my letter prompted some reaction in that they gave me the very earliest appointment in September - but they still forced me in to September - showing me who runs the show.....

So, I'll be writing to the congress person and planning to send the letter to the director of the FO this Friday since I'm travelling for work. For how long did you have to wait for a response after you sent the letter ?

On a most important note, thank you for the support and the suggestion. I would have lost hope if it wasn't for your encouragement :)

Last edited:
So, I'm writing to the congress person and planning to send the letter to the director of the FO. I just have no idea to which address I should send it. Would his name and the FO address work ?

On a most important note, thank you for the support and the suggestion. I would have lost hope if it wasn't for your encouragement :)

I think the director is Angela Klapakis.

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/pennsylvania-philadelphia-field-office

Dear Simon , Mom, and forum participants,
I had my interview about 2 hours ago and it went quite well. I went there too early at 11 am when my interview was at 1pm. Waited until 1:30 to see the IO. I went to the interview suffering from a severe cold and started coughing while he was entering the info. I asked him if I could go drink some water since I was almost suffocating he said yes. He asked me the usual questions then took my I-94 and work permits and told me you got approved. I asked him if he pulled my visa from IVAMSWEB and he replied of course. 10 minutes later I received a text saying your status has changed.

Thank you Simon from your brotherly advices and precious insight. Thank you Mom for being always there for us and serving as our second Mom here in the US. Both of you are truly irreplaceable.
I also would like to thank CWH, lookmanohands, Matteos, and Vladdy, for their advices and wishes.

I wish the rest of us who are still awaiting there green card the best of luck.

Glad to hear you did well, man!

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

View attachment 144

CONGRATULATIONS! I have been out and about being GREEN and all, but decided to check back to see how everyone else is doing. I am SO glad that you got yours Simon, seriously, awesome! I remember how we were all talking about your very ballsy letter and very glad that it all turned out very well. If you don't risk, you don't get the cigar :D

Today FO emailed me said they made a decision last Friday on my case and mailed a written notification. But my online status doesn't change. I think it is a bad sign. I will have to wait to see what the mail has to say. So many dramas.....

No problem buddy. I have my fingers crossed for you and am sure that we are going to hear good news this week. My letter just got there last Friday in the morning so obviously I never got a response for it. I am not even sure if they even bother replying your letter. But my status went to card production the same day in the after noon. I also recently got this response from my congress man's office:
"Your application is currently pending review at this time. A final decision has not yet been reached but the case is assigned to an officer. The case is on track and I am hopeful a decision will be reached shortly. Once the case is decided USCIS will inform you via USPS."
I am pretty sure that my congress office also contacted them on the same day. So I am not sure which really worked.

No problem buddy. I have my fingers crossed for you and am sure that we are going to hear good news this week. My letter just got there last Friday in the morning so obviously I never got a response for it. I am not even sure if they even bother replying your letter. But my status went to card production the same day in the after noon. I also recently got this response from my congress man's office:
"Your application is currently pending review at this time. A final decision has not yet been reached but the case is assigned to an officer. The case is on track and I am hopeful a decision will be reached shortly. Once the case is decided USCIS will inform you via USPS."
I am pretty sure that my congress office also contacted them on the same day. So I am not sure which really worked.
You will be just fine bro, under simon and supervision.

The supervisor also emphasized that they cannot expedite the security checks and secure a visa first. I think congressman, CISOMB and letter to FO all can work, just don't know if it may also piss them up.

Hello guys, yesterday we went to our interview which was at 10:00 AM. We arrived at 8:55 we waited until the officer came and called my husband's name at 10:35, she was very friendly, she walked us to her office and asked us to stay stand for the oath. She started with my husband's file, asked only for the passport and the I-94. She went over the biographic information, when she reached to part 3 C, she asked all of us to answer at once except for the two youngest girls(10 & 12 yr. old). She put my husband's file a side and handed him the passport and she said "I am taking the I-94".
She repeated the process for all of us except for the part we did together.

When she came to my 21 yr. daughter she asked her about her visa, we handed her the approval notice for the B2 with the new I-94, and the IO said "I discussed your age with my boss this morning and you are eligible to apply because you consider 20yr", as you told me guys!
She finally said I approved all of your application! I asked her what is the next step she said " you will receive letters on the mail then you will receive the cards within one month". She said "I am only waiting for your background check and I will send an expedite today". I asked her if I should worry about September 30th. She said no it only takes 2 days and I already approved your application.
I do not know if this will be a problem.

Hello guys, yesterday we went to our interview which was at 10:00 AM. We arrived at 8:55 we waited until the officer came and called my husband's name at 10:35, she was very friendly, she walked us to her office and asked us to stay stand for the oath. She started with my husband's file, asked only for the passport and the I-94. She went over the biographic information, when she reached to part 3 C, she asked all of us to answer at once except for the two youngest girls(10 & 12 yr. old). She put my husband's file a side and handed him the passport and she said "I am taking the I-94".
She repeated the process for all of us except for the part we did together.

When she came to my 21 yr. daughter she asked her about her visa, we handed her the approval notice for the B2 with the new I-94, and the IO said "I discussed your age with my boss this morning and you are eligible to apply because you consider 20yr", as you told me guys!
She finally said I approved all of your application! I asked her what is the next step she said " you will receive letters on the mail then you will receive the cards within one month". She said "I am only waiting for your background check and I will send an expedite today". I asked her if I should worry about September 30th. She said no it only takes 2 days and I already approved your application.
I do not know if this will be a problem.

Well, so far things are looking good. Fingers crossed the background result would be received soon by your IO.

Today FO emailed me said they made a decision last Friday on my case and mailed a written notification. But my online status doesn't change. I think it is a bad sign. I will have to wait to see what the mail has to say. So many dramas.....

It's weird the online status is not indicating a decision has been mailed to you. Anyway, fingers crossed for you also. The mail should show up in the next couple of days