• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

It is my turn to thank all the awesome people contributing to this forum and offering their help and support without the slightest amount of expectations! I really mean it when I say whenever I faced a failure in this journey you guys were my only source of solace. I specially need to thank @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @wreck_it_ralph, @jj777, @Aria, @c1984 for their great advises without whom I would have given up thousands of times. To those who are still waiting to become green: I know with all my heart how frustrated you might feel right now. But do not lose your hope. I was advised not to sit in grief and waste time when there is still an opportunity to fight! I tell you the same thing. We still have 18 golden days. Try your best and hang in there just a tad more! You won't even remember these hard days 5 years from now when you are studying for the citizenship test! ;)

Congrats! Enjoy the new status :) You earned it man!

When I mentioned to the IO that visas might get exhausted, he replied adamantly that there are still visas available. I believe AOS cases are safe at least until the end of next week.

They have had years of people worrying about the same thing and quite honestly, no FO is going to have a access to the data ort know that there is anything different this year from every other year they have seen. If we look at the end of DV2013 (and I'm sure every year), I am certain that people worried just as much as we are.

However, DV2014 is different. We have been arguing with people all year who believed all regions would go current (because they "always" had). So I am sure the actual end is going to come as a surprise to many.

Having said all that - I "feel" the same as you do - I think next week will be ok. They don't appear to have started the AP flood yet, so that is encouraging - I think we can continue happily until they turn on the AP tap.

Last edited:
When I mentioned to the IO that visas might get exhausted, he replied adamantly that there are still visas available. I believe AOS cases are safe at least until the end of next week.
I want to believe you just waiting for next Thursday:) We will see,hope it will be fine until the end of next week and IO can decide it right at the spot or same day because our interview is at 8.30 am.
@Britsimon Simon one quick question if you don't mind.My wife's interview is scheduled 1 hour later than me and it is the same IO. Do you think he will interview us together or separately?

I want to believe you just waiting for next Thursday:) We will see,hope it will be fine until the end of next week and IO can decide it right at the spot or same day because our interview is at 8.30 am.
@Britsimon Simon one quick question if you don't mind.My wife's interview is scheduled 1 hour later than me and it is the same IO. Do you think he will interview us together or separately?

They did the same for me - 3 appointment times. We all went in together on the earliest time.

They did the same for me - 3 appointment times. We all went in together on the earliest time.
Thank you thats what I thought.
We just reviewed all the papers and ready for interview just need the last luck on visas not running out 3-4 more business days.I can't explain after I met you guys here and learned a lot from you but I still believe that it is going to the end just a belief with no scientific approach:)

Alright. Someone PLEASE tell me what is going on! I checked my case status online about 20 min ago and it said acceptance. I checked it again now and it says card production! Is this by anyway a mistake in their system? It is 6:40PM even USCIS NCSC is not available at this hour! :eek: I WANNA believe this but it does not sound right!!!

This is fantastic. Congratulation!!!

They have had years of people worrying about the same thing and quite honestly, no FO is going to have a access to the data ort know that there is anything different this year from every other year they have seen. If we look at the end of DV2013 (and I'm sure every year), I am certain that people worried just as much as we are.

However, DV2014 is different. We have been arguing with people all year who believed all regions would go current (because they "always" had). So I am sure the actual end is going to come as a surprise to many.

Having said all that - I "feel" the same as you do - I think next week will be ok. They don't appear to have started the AP flood yet, so that is encouraging - I think we can continue happily until they turn on the AP tap.
Yes I totally agree. Without you Simon cheering me up yesterday and updating the CEAC data, I was going to go to today's interview with the idea that I would be told that visas are exhausted. Up until the last minute today, I was looking at the IO's expression when he was requesting the visa and telling myself this interview might have a sad end. luckily all went well and I truly hope the same applies to the rest of us.

Yes I totally agree. Without you Simon cheering me up yesterday and updating the CEAC data, I was going to go to today's interview with the idea that I would be told that visas are exhausted. Up until the last minute today, I was looking at the IO's expression when he was requesting the visa and telling myself this interview might have a sad end. luckily all went well and I truly hope the same applies to the rest of us.

Well we still have to see "our" three tailenders go through happily - and I am sure they can relate to how you felt before you heard those magic words. I hope soon they have the same Green feeling that you did today. Fingers crossed for them

We just reviewed all the papers and ready for interview just need the last luck on visas not running out 3-4 more business days.I can't explain after I met you guys here and learned a lot from you but I still believe that it is going to the end just a belief with no scientific approach:)

Sometimes you just have to believe and things turn out ok (with or without the science!). Best of luck Tony.

Yes,

Yes, used it as your last resort. To make the story short, here are my panic requests 2 weeks after interview:
1. I had 5 infopass: all failed and told to wait.
2.Contacted congressman: told me they got response from USCIS saying allow them 45 days to review the pending background case. I wished I had another 45 days to wait.
3.Had 1800 level 2 sent two expedite requests: got an email and a mail indicating the case is still under review.
4.wrote an email to obama on white house website: no response
5. Called KCC and emailed FBI: confirmed my case and name check result both back to FO in mid June.
6.called FO: only voice mail. No one ever answered the phone.
7.wrote a mail to FO Director: no response
8. Sent online request to ombudsma last week.
9. Went to church and prayed for miracle 2 days ago, even though I am not religious. Will go find some temples and mosques to pray this weekend.

You, no doubt are at the stage to use the ombudsman's office and I truly hope your case gets resolved successfully. My note of caution was to future applicants who may come across the post and decide to go for it with while bypassing the other necessarily steps that could possibly work for them.

By the way, we are now showing over 48k issued on CEAC. We assume that AoS is about 2k, but we don't know for sure - it might be less. In support of your earlier thoughts Tony, they may allow the CP cases (the ones we see in CEAC) to go to 50K and whatever AoS comes in at is on top of that. Just a possible theory. Without having been in this situation before, it is hard to be certain...

By the way, we are now showing over 48k issued on CEAC. We assume that AoS is about 2k, but we don't know for sure - it might be less. In support of your earlier thoughts Tony, they may allow the CP cases (the ones we see in CEAC) to go to 50K and whatever AoS comes in at is on top of that. Just a possible theory. Without having been in this situation before, it is hard to be certain...
That is actually a really good approach maybe thats how they allocate, they don't care of how many AOS are throughout dv:) since we are already here:)
We will see but this is the best scientific possible theory and actually thats how i was thinking before I found this forum.

Some USCIS officer told me that some IOs take a visa number first and just wait for tge security checks result back to secure the visa for DV winners.

So when you go for your next infopass, get them to confirm that they have done that in IVAMSWEB.

So when you go for your next infopass, get them to confirm that they have done that in IVAMSWEB.
My lawyer try to tell me same thing that his inside connection told him the same thing that IO officers lately reserve the visa thats why they are confident about their interview dates but again everything is assumption, we could never know...

So apparently the letter I sent to the director of my field office was delivered yesterday morning. I have no idea whether the change in my status is because of that or it is a mere coincidence! You have already done this @jj777 , right?

Some USCIS officer told me that some IOs take a visa number first and just wait for tge security checks result back to secure the visa for DV winners.
Ha! Not to take away your hopes but when I had my interview I specifically asked the officer if attending the interview reserved me a visa number and the response was negative. I hope that I am wrong though :)

So apparently the letter I sent to the director of my field office was delivered yesterday morning. I have no idea whether the change in my status is because of that or it is a mere coincidence! You have already done this @jj777 , right?
Mine was delivered by fedex thursday afternoon. My status online is still initial review.