• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi everybody,
sm1smom please tell me why are we still waiting for IL? my cn EU00016*** and we are done bio 7th april.
Also, we sent our package to KCC on 28 th feb. ,However,The think that we could not understand is what 'file sent from KCC' is.
We are in NYC, but somebody got their schedule for interview even if their CN higher than ours.
Thank You

I wish I could tell you precisely what's causing the delay, unfortunately I can't. All I can say is that based on reports so far received, NY seems to be one of the FOs slow in processing DV cases this year. You can contact your congress person and request for them to initiate an inquiry on your behalf.

Hi guys...I finally received my IL and it is scheduled on June 2nd. I have few questions regarding the IL.
1. As mentioned in the IL, I have to provide the I-864 Affidavit of support, most recent income tax returns and w-2s forms from sponsor and co-sponsors. As far as I was told earlier in this forum, the form that should be used will be I-134. I am kinda confused on which one I shall pick for the sponsorship. I am in F-1 status and the only applicant applying for the AOS.

2. Beside the W2s ,Tax return, and (so called form), whatelse from the sponsor can help to prove the case strong in terms of financial status?

3. How can I notorized my birth certificate even it is written in english language? The story begins.....One of my friend from the same hometown back home also filed I485 based on US citizenship spouse and he got the notification email from USCIS (same field office Dallas) mentioning the missing items on his birth certificate. He submitted the same one that I have with me since we belongs to same district back home. And the email stated that his birth certificate does not have the standards that it should have and there are some missing information on the certificate. I do not know what does that mean even though it has the information like date of birth, birthplace, parents name.
Please guys help me out on this

1. Disregard what the letter says about an I-864 as it is not applicable to DV AOS applicants. Your IL is a generic one used by your FO that's why it's asking for an I-864. What you need is an I-134.

2. Please take a look at the AOS spreadsheet, a list of what is required has been provided on it.

3. Not quite sure what's going on with the birth certificate story, but usually if it's in English they don't require for it to be notarized. Unless you can tell us precisely what the email says was missing on your friend's b/c, I don't think anyone can provide any additional input at this stage.

Hi guys , thank you for this new forum,
If I try to send my AOS package early 3months , does that pose any problem or they just return your file back to you , or they may keep it until you became current . I,m so nervous very high number I have AF84###

Hi guys , thank you for this new forum,
If I try to send my AOS package early 3months , does that pose any problem or they just return your file back to you , or they may keep it until you became current . I,m so nervous very high number I have AF84###

No you can't send it that early, you have to wait until you see your number has been called in the VB.

Yes, it is possible. One or two FOs have been known to do that in the past. A look at the 2011 DV timelines (I think?) will actually show the applicants and their FOs that got their GCs without interview.
I found it in 2011 timelines! It happened two times in Detroit and once in Florida. Boo I am CA huh :p.

Hey I will respond about the sponsor paper. There is a document which essentially the instructions for the officers and it clearly says there that for DV applicants the form I-134 should be used. I hightlifhted that part and I am taking it with me to the interview. When I get back home I can send it to you if you want. Your sponsor can provide a letter from the employer that indicates the salary or they can provide the pay stubs too. But I think the tax return papers clearly show the income. And don't forget to ask your sponsor to give you the cope of their passport. Good luck! :)

1. Disregard what the letter says about an I-864 as it is not applicable to DV AOS applicants. Your IL is a generic one used by your FO that's why it's asking for an I-864. What you need is an I-134.

2. Please take a look at the AOS spreadsheet, a list of what is required has been provided on it.

3. Not quite sure what's going on with the birth certificate story, but usually if it's in English they don't require for it to be notarized. Unless you can tell us precisely what the email says was missing on your friend's b/c, I don't think anyone can provide any additional input at this stage.
Oops I just responded without noticing moms response. Sorry! ;)

Hey I will respond about the sponsor paper. There is a document which essentially the instructions for the officers and it clearly says there that for DV applicants the form I-134 should be used. I hightlifhted that part and I am taking it with me to the interview. When I get back home I can send it to you if you want. Your sponsor can provide a letter from the employer that indicates the salary or they can provide the pay stubs too. But I think the tax return papers clearly show the income. And don't forget to ask your sponsor to give you the cope of their passport. Good luck! :)

thank you and best of luck to you too....By the way on which site do you see that instructions......can you please provide me that link?

thank you and best of luck to you too....By the way on which site do you see that instructions......can you please provide me that link?

9 FAM 40.41 N4.4-3 Other Aliens Exempt from the Form I-864 Requirement

The I-864 is not required for Diversity Immigrants (DV applicants) or returning resident (SB) applicants. (pg. 10)

9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 Use of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support

If you determine that any of the following types of applicants need an Affidavit of Support to meet the public charge requirement, they may use Form I-134, as they are not authorized to use Form I-864 or I-864W:

Diversity visa applicants (DVs) (pg. 15)

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

Yes, I sent a fax to my congress person authorizing him to talk with immigration on my behalf and I also plan to get another info pass. Do you know any document saying that DV lottery cases have "special treatment" so I can take it with me? Do you know if my congress person will contact me back after they talk with the immigration?
Hi, I am doing AOS in Detroit, bio done on March 20/14, was waiting till May8/14, called to KCC asked if my file transferred, answer was yes, went to infopass, asked what is going on with my file, answer was we got your file, we filed your request, next hour, status online changed to EAD card production, and AP approved, after this nothing, went on May 20/14 for infopass again, answer was we are actively woring on your file, you need to wait, I took infopass on June 3/14 again, will go last time and will talk to congresswomen of district 10, i think I will fax to my congress women by now as well, good luck Detroit.

Last edited:
Mom,

Few more questions for you.

I'm moving into a new house, therefore my address will be different from what I have included in DSS-122 form and to what it reads on the 1st NL.
I haven't sent out the AOS package yet. If my number becomes current in August I hope to send it next month. Certainly, I will include the new address in all forms.
My open question is whether I should take any action to let KCC know that I have changed home address.

Somebody has draft letter to congress person, with request to check up the file?

Just identify your applicable congress person and give them a call. They will proceed from there and let you know how to provide the details about your case.

Thank you..

I have one more question regarding the sponsor's annual income. My sponsor's household size is two (husband and wife). How much do you think she has to make annually to meet the requirements of USCIS. Last year she got married and sponsored her husband too for GC. Does she can sponsor more than once?

For your sponsor's household of 2 plus yourself making 3 members of the household, your sponsor needs to earn roughly $24,000 - $25,000 as a minimum ($24,737 to be precise)

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Mom,

Few more questions for you.

I'm moving into a new house, therefore my address will be different from what I have included in DSS-122 form and to what it reads on the 1st NL.
I haven't sent out the AOS package yet. If my number becomes current in August I hope to send it next month. Certainly, I will include the new address in all forms.
My open question is whether I should take any action to let KCC know that I have changed home address.

Don't even sweat it. Just use your new address when its time to submit your I-485 package, there's no need to inform KCC. However, you need to inform USCIS everytime you move until you become a USC. So go online and do an address change now.

Hello all,

My name is Angela. I don't post much here but I have been reading you guys' posts a lot since last year when I found out I won the lottery. This time I decide to write a post to share with you my interview this morning.

Our interview was scheduled at 7:30 am. My hubby and I arrived there right on time. However, there are some people ahead of us, so we waited for almost 1 hour for our interview. The IO that interviewed us was a lady. She was very kind and friendly. We took the oath then she started asking me for my passport, i-94 and i-20. She went through the i-485 form with me (only asked a few
questions on i-485 such as: Did you join the communist party? Did you ever apply for public assistance?) Then, asked to see our original birth certificate. Then she did the same to my husband. At the end, she says she has to do some check before she approves our case. If our case gets approved, we will get the green card in the mail within 10-30 days. If we don't get the green card within 30 days, it means she has requested some documents from the state govt and still hasnt received them yet. I am not sure what documents she will or may request from the state govt ( do u have any idea?) Then she asked if we had any question. my husband noticed that
she took my i-20 and our i-94. so he asked her about them then she said she would keep them. sounds like she's going to approve us...but not sure. what do u guys think?

Hello all,

My name is Angela. I don't post much here but I have been reading you guys' posts a lot since last year when I found out I won the lottery. This time I decide to write a post to share with you my interview this morning.

Our interview was scheduled at 7:30 am. My hubby and I arrived there right on time. However, there are some people ahead of us, so we waited for almost 1 hour for our interview. The IO that interviewed us was a lady. She was very kind and friendly. We took the oath then she started asking me for my passport, i-94 and i-20. She went through the i-485 form with me (only asked a few
questions on i-485 such as: Did you join the communist party? Did you ever apply for public assistance?) Then, asked to see our original birth certificate. Then she did the same to my husband. At the end, she says she has to do some check before she approves our case. If our case gets approved, we will get the green card in the mail within 10-30 days. If we don't get the green card within 30 days, it means she has requested some documents from the state govt and still hasnt received them yet. I am not sure what documents she will or may request from the state govt ( do u have any idea?) Then she asked if we had any question. my husband noticed that
she took my i-20 and our i-94. so he asked her about them then she said she would keep them. sounds like she's going to approve us...but not sure. what do u guys think?

That sounds like it went well. Some of the IOs aren't that familiar with the DV process, so I think when they say they will be doing some chacks, it just means they are checking how to approve you. I agree it is a good sign she took the I94/I20. Hold your nerve and hopefully you will see some update soon! PLease let us know here when that happens!