• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Mini-update on my case: KCC has sent my file yesterday which is pretty impressive given that they received the request on Wednesday morning. The turnaround time is only 1 day.

I'm expecting a decision by the end of next week. If not, the plan is to call and visit the FO on the 15th.

Sounds like a sensible plan! I think you have a good chance of getting Green by the 12th!

Yep, it is a bit risky, but not too bad. If I had to bet, I would say you will get in.

Yep, take all you mentioned. If you can get a current employment letter that would be good.

Fingers crossed for you...

By the way, do you know if all your checklist items are done? The KCC file is the only one you can influence - check with them that your FO has requested it. If not, make an info pass and push the FO.
Thank you Simon
According to my lawyer they have everything already but I still want to contact KCC.
What is a good phone number and what do I need to identify myself just the 2014 EU..... Number?
What other checklist items are we talking about except the finger prints and AOS package and KCC file?
My security clerance has probabaly done because I just got an approval for I-140 on eb2 so they have been checking on me lately:)

Thank you Simon
According to my lawyer they have everything already but I still want to contact KCC.
What is a good phone number and what do I need to identify myself just the 2014 EU..... Number?
What other checklist items are we talking about except the finger prints and AOS package and KCC file?
My security clerance has probabaly done because I just got an approval for I-140 on eb2 so they have been checking on me lately:)
606-526-7500. EU number, name, DOB, and sometimes address (some reps ask, most of them don't). That's all you need.
The checklist items are the ones listed on your IL (minus I-864). If KCC file is sent, and you have the items on your IL, you are good to go. Go through mom's interview tips on the google doc as well in case I'm missing something.

Pay It Forward

The name of the game is "Pay It Forward" This is an appeal to anyone who has benefited in one way or the other from the AOS spreadsheet and the DV Timelines in particular who is yet to fill out the DV 2014 AOS Timelines to kindly do so. This information will be very useful to DV2015 selectees and others down the road. Don't be selfish by taking all that this forum has to offer and simply dust off your pants and move away without making this useful contribution. Play your part in helping someone else succeed just like others have helped you.

And for those who already did, thank you:). Please do cross check to make sure your information is still correct. All the information got messed up a while back, thanks to @KingKong for the role played in retrieving the spreadsheet.

Thank you

Pay It Forward

The name of the game is "Pay It Forward" This is an appeal to anyone who has benefited in one way or the other from the AOS spreadsheet and the DV Timelines in particular who is yet to fill out the DV 2014 AOS Timelines to kindly do so. This information will be very useful to DV2015 selectees and others down the road. Don't be selfish by taking all that this forum has to offer and simply dust off your pants and move away without making this useful contribution. Play your part in helping someone else succeed just like others have helped you.

And for those who already did, thank you:). Please do cross check to make sure your information is still correct. All the information got messed up a while back, thanks to @KingKong for the role played in retrieving the spreadsheet.

Thank you

just added my sister's info, and hopefully, will be able to fill CPO date soon :)

A little fairy (based in California I think) had filled in most of my dates - but I added my interview letter date. I haven't received the approval notice yet.

Hi Everyone:

Just came back home...
First, I wanna thank to Simon and Mom.
really helpful information here.

Our interview is today @ 12:45 pm
We came to FO @ 12:15pm
Every staffs were so nice, they say our baby is so cute.
My wife and I had different time for the interview, but we interviewed together.

The IO was so nice, he didn't ask too many questions.
Just looked our IDs, all passports, all EAD cards
Then, he check I-485.
Added our baby's information on it because when we sent I-485, baby didn't born yet.
(Thanks Mom to remind us to bring baby's birth certificate)
he only asked who will support us to live in the U.S. because I am still student now.
I have my and my parents' bank statements. So, that's ok.
My wife have worked before by using her OPT, so the IO asked her about her previous job.
My wife gave him her offer letters and W2 forms.
That's all. And he looked our baby said is your first baby?
we said "yes." he said "everything is exciting about first baby, uh? if you have second, then you will feel whatever, ha..."
We laughed together.

Finally, he said he can request visa numbers now for us if we can wait about 5-10 mins.
We said sure.
Then, he said we are granted.
just go home and wait for the mail.

My wife finally smiled again and I took her to have a good lunch.
When we came home,
I check status, mine is "Card/ Document Production"
my wife is "Post Decision Activity"
I think it means we are ok now, right?

Hi Friends,
I have a very strange situation. Immediately after my interview I received an email saying “Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production”. Then, after 4 hours I received the following email “Your Case Status: Decision - We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".
1) What does it mean the change in the status to “Decision”? 2) What does ADIT mean? Should I do something or just wait?
Thank you all for your incredible help!

Hi Everyone:

Just came back home...

My wife and I had different time for the interview, but we interviewed together.

Then, he check I-485.
Added our baby's information on it because when we sent I-485, baby didn't born yet.
he only asked who will support us to live in the U.S. because I am still student now.
My wife have worked before by using her OPT, so the IO asked her about her previous job.
we said "yes." he said "everything is exciting about first baby, uh? if you have second, then you will feel whatever, ha..."
We laughed together.

Finally, he said he can request visa numbers now for us if we can wait about 5-10 mins.
We said sure.

When we came home,

Fantastic Andy - you are all set - you are Green!!

Hi Friends,
I have a very strange situation. Immediately after my interview I received an email saying “Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production”. Then, after 4 hours I received the following email “Your Case Status: Decision - We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".
1) What does it mean the change in the status to “Decision”? 2) What does ADIT mean? Should I do something or just wait?
Thank you all for your incredible help!

That is completely unstrange - totally normal. Relax.

Hi Everyone:

Just came back home...

Then, he check I-485.
We laughed together.

We said sure.

When we came home,

Your wife did what??? She smiled???

128343688002656250hallelujahpra.jpg